HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 08, 2012, 06:10 PM
3d addict
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
Honestly did not even notice. Thinking about it I wish I had.
Aaeolien is offline Find More Posts by Aaeolien
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2012, 06:38 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2008
1,579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ablator View Post
There's obviously a design defect in this one and if 3DHS waw a decent company, they would halt sales until corrected, instead of deleting neg reviews on their website. Not a good way to conduct business
Were reviews added? Never saw them.
chopper62 is offline Find More Posts by chopper62
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 08, 2012, 07:17 PM
Registered User
jsmith285's Avatar
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,725 Posts
Been half a dozen flying here today. People here sure like them
jsmith285 is offline Find More Posts by jsmith285
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 08, 2012, 07:33 PM
3d addict
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
I love mine. Going to change some parts around tomorrow in hopes of discovering my brownout/cutout issue and get some flights on it. Still figuring out where I like the balance to be and stuff but it's a blast to fly.
Aaeolien is offline Find More Posts by Aaeolien
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 08, 2012, 07:39 PM
fly and then fly some more!
nickelbn1's Avatar
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ablator View Post
I've given up on this plane. Been in this hobby for several years. I've never encountered this roll to the right at higher speeds (and much worse is unresponsive ailerons at high speeds). I've twisted and untwisted, tried larger 22 gm servos. Nothing helps. I think this is bunch of bull crap. The only thing I haven't done is reinforce ailerons as they seem easily bendable on the outside edges but I ve wasted enough time. My techone epp planes fly much better. There's obviously a design defect in this one and if 3DHS waw a decent company, they would halt sales until corrected, instead of deleting neg reviews on their website. Not a good way to conduct business
Starting to think my solar servos are maybe not the problem for my unresponsive ailerons at higher speeds......
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 08, 2012, 08:27 PM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,312 Posts
Another day, another twisted wing flight report. I wouldn't concern myself too much over it though. If there's one thing i've learned from this thread, this kind of flight behavior is completely normal. There is nothing wrong with your planes. Twisted wings should be expected because all planes roll to the right. Do not attempt to adjust your trim. Planes that fly straight are built wrong. Nothing to see here. Move along.
SD One. is offline Find More Posts by SD One.
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 08, 2012, 08:36 PM
inverted-i-fly
3drcparts's Avatar
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,383 Posts
just never stop tumbling, you'll never notice the problem
3drcparts is online now Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 08, 2012, 08:39 PM
Registered User
jsmith285's Avatar
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,725 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD One. View Post
Another day, another twisted wing flight report. I wouldn't concern myself too much over it though. If there's one thing i've learned from this thread, this kind of flight behavior is completely normal. There is nothing wrong with your planes. Twisted wings should be expected because all planes roll to the right. Do not attempt to adjust your trim. Planes that fly straight are built wrong. Nothing to see here. Move along.
Sitting here at FLI watching 2 edges really entertain the crowd. 2 big light towers. Wide open throttles and straight lines.
jsmith285 is offline Find More Posts by jsmith285
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 08, 2012, 08:44 PM
fly and then fly some more!
nickelbn1's Avatar
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285 View Post
Sitting here at FLI watching 2 edges really entertain the crowd. 2 big light towers. Wide open throttles and straight lines.
You luckily have some good ones there, but you posts today almost seem like your in denial that there are many others out there with serious issues. I wish you would share more insight on how you guys are accomplishing these straight flying planes even at full throttle
Did these planes start off with twisted wings?
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 08, 2012, 10:02 PM
Registered User
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper62 View Post
Were reviews added? Never saw them.
Several have submitted reviews, none have been posted.
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 08, 2012, 10:34 PM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2012
12 Posts
Actually,rolling right doesn't bother me if u could adjust for it i flight. At75+ throttle, my ailerons become progressively unresponsive and at full throttle even with full left aileron ( at full throws), the plane keeps rolling to the right. As mentioned in my earlier post, i even replaced the Hitec servos with higher torque servos. Same results.
I ve tried adding more wt to the lt wing and even flying with left trim on purpose, the thing keeps rolling to the right. I basically spent 4 hrs trying different tricks with full untwisting, meticulous levelling to no avail. This bird is grounded for now. I ll check this thread periodically to see if someone unlocks the mystery. But at this point, I have many other planes I enjoy flying and this bird isn't worth the trouble.
ablator is offline Find More Posts by ablator
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 08, 2012, 10:44 PM
fly and then fly some more!
nickelbn1's Avatar
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ablator View Post
Actually,rolling right doesn't bother me if u could adjust for it i flight. At75+ throttle, my ailerons become progressively unresponsive and at full throttle even with full left aileron ( at full throws), the plane keeps rolling to the right. As mentioned in my earlier post, i even replaced the Hitec servos with higher torque servos. Same results.
I ve tried adding more wt to the lt wing and even flying with left trim on purpose, the thing keeps rolling to the right. I basically spent 4 hrs trying different tricks with full untwisting, meticulous levelling to no avail. This bird is grounded for now. I ll check this thread periodically to see if someone unlocks the mystery. But at this point, I have many other planes I enjoy flying and this bird isn't worth the trouble.
I was just got on to the other day on here by several after complaining about unresponsive ailerons at higher throttle because i had solar servos and they claimed i could not complain about issues like that if i choose to put cheap equipment on a high performance plane. Now you used hitec servos as they recommend and are having the same issue......hmmmm...even higher torque servos and still the same.....hmmm....more and more every day it seems my complaints are warranted and not due to me messing up by using cheaper servos.
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 08, 2012, 10:58 PM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2012
12 Posts
The only thing I can think of is reinforcing the ailerons towards the lateral edge. They may be flattening out at high speeds. I even thought about moving my servos towards the middle of the wing. But like I said, I'd rather be flying my other planes. 3dhs should be doing the legwork at this point to figure it out. There's nothing wrong with your solar servos. I've used them in larger Telink planes with no pbms. Cheers.
ablator is offline Find More Posts by ablator
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 09, 2012, 06:20 AM
Registered User
United States, NY, Wyoming
Joined Apr 2011
108 Posts
I also spent quite a lot of time trying different things for the roll issue. I went as far as to add an extra hinge to each wing. I also tried closing the hinge gap with tape. I've tried different props all the way down to a 9x6 with the same results. I have it set up with all the recommended equipment. Next thing I might try is to add some carbon fiber to the length of the wing. I still wonder if it's twisting during flight. Does anyone know if the 3dhs guys are planing on attending the neat fair? I'll take a day off work and drive the 4 hours so they can fly my plane to see the effect. There is nothing I would like more than to have them show me a simple but permanent fix. I like the plane,just trying to get the roll issue under control.
starwarsfan is offline Find More Posts by starwarsfan
Last edited by starwarsfan; Sep 09, 2012 at 07:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 09, 2012, 08:14 AM
fly and then fly some more!
nickelbn1's Avatar
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwarsfan View Post
I also spent quite a lot of time trying different things for the roll issue. I went as far as to add an extra hinge to each wing. I also tried closing the hinge gap with tape. I've tried different props all the way down to a 9x6 with the same results. I have it set up with all the recommended equipment. Next thing I might try is to add some carbon fiber to the length of the wing. I still wonder if it's twisting during flight. Does anyone know if the 3dhs guys are planing on attending the neat fair? I'll take a day off work and drive the 4 hours so they can fly my plane to see the effect. There is nothing I would like more than to have them show me a simple but permanent fix. I like the plane,just trying to get the roll issue under control.
according to them, they already think they have shown us a simple and permanent fix. Someone needs to go talk to them in person, because they seem to be ignoring emails now.
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold ... hosam Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Jul 17, 2012 09:23 PM
Sold 47" 3D Hobby Shop Edge 540.. LPU SteveT. Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Mar 11, 2012 06:58 PM