Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 05, 2012, 12:23 PM
fly and then fly some more!
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimbeaver View Post
Well nickelbn1 it sounds like your's is the exception and is actually really really bad. So do what you have to do, tell them send you a fresh wing (or kit) or accept a return or you will have to dispute the charge with your credit card company.
I am trying to be nice with them and I dont want to go so far as disputing the charge with my card company, and I have emailed them telling them I dont even expect a refund, but a store credit would be nice since I have tried this fix and its just not working. I am trying to be reasonable with them and I am not just throwing a fit asking for a refund.
nickelbn1 is online now Find More Posts by nickelbn1
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 05, 2012, 12:27 PM
When in doubt, gas it!
United States, KS, Spring Hill
Joined Dec 2010
933 Posts
Amen JBoy.

Nickle. Why don't you try TWISTING HARDER. You've spent a whole bunch of time on here complaining and saying you couldn't get it fixed and it flies like crap. You are already looking at replacing it (thought funds were tight? ). I've already detailed what I did several weeks ago, but I did twist my wing a FULL 90 degrees to get it to go straight and stay straight. Took far longer to figure out what the problem was than the five minutes it took to fix it.
KTMRacr is offline Find More Posts by KTMRacr
Old Sep 05, 2012, 12:31 PM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,274 Posts
Ahh Wednesday. Batteries are charging. It feels nasty outside. Hot, muggy, overcast, sticky, humid and nasty. Bleh! But I'm going flying anyway! Woot! Didn't get to fly on Sunday thanks to Isaac killing the entire 3 day weekend. No Sbach today, only Edge, Crack Pitts, Fishcopter and lots of batteries. The days are getting shorter. Our after work fun fly season will be over soon.
SD One. is offline Find More Posts by SD One.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 12:33 PM
"Get off the runway!"
United States, TX, Hutto
Joined May 2012
525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMRacr View Post
Amen JBoy.

Nickle. Why don't you try TWISTING HARDER. You've spent a whole bunch of time on here complaining and saying you couldn't get it fixed and it flies like crap. You are already looking at replacing it (thought funds were tight? ). I've already detailed what I did several weeks ago, but I did twist my wing a FULL 90 degrees to get it to go straight and stay straight. Took far longer to figure out what the problem was than the five minutes it took to fix it.
KTMRacr, IMO, you are missing the point. I have the same severe wing problem that Nickle does...and I bet many others who choose to remain silent do too. My problem with 3DHS is that they are treating this as a trivial problem that will just blow over, not offering any solutions but to twist the crap out of a new airframe. I have been flying since the '60's, so I think I can figure out the difference between a minor trim problem and a major manufacturing defect...in this case a full refund or store credit is warranted. I'll even pay the return postage.
Da Big_G is online now Find More Posts by Da Big_G
Old Sep 05, 2012, 12:34 PM
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Quote:
Amen JBoy.

why are you always on my KTM? I am not the only one on here complaining. several others just complained on here today and you arent saying anything to them. I am also getting PM's from people on here that are reading all this, but just dont want to say anything in the forum because they dont want to get jumped on. They are agreeing with me and also feel some of you are being pretty rude to me. So I know its not just me. Numerous people have complained about the customer service in regards to this issue, but you all keep singling me out to get onto. This is the last I am going to say about this issue. I made me case, you all know the problem and its not just me. If they refuse to do anything to make this right, then I will either dispute the charge or take my business somewhere else. I will try and twist the wing farther. I have twisted it almost 90 degrees already. used heat, massages, pressed, etc. Cant you just admit KTM that maybe mine is worse then yours? maybe mine just cant be fixed? it is possible you know.

And as far as funds, I am just looking at future purchases, like for Christmas maybe. I cannot afford another plane right now unfortunately. I am just getting ideas for the future.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 12:35 PM
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Big_G View Post
KTMRacr, IMO, you are missing the point. I have the same severe wing problem that Nickle does...and I bet many others who choose to remain silent do too. My problem with 3DHS is that they are treating this as a trivial problem that will just blow over, not offering any solutions but to twist the crap out of a new airframe. I have been flying since the '60's, so I think I can figure out the difference between a minor trim problem and a major manufacturing defect...in this case a full refund or store credit is warranted. I'll even pay the return postage.
thank you.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 12:36 PM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD One. View Post
Ahh Wednesday. Batteries are charging. It feels nasty outside. Hot, muggy, overcast, sticky, humid and nasty. Bleh! But I'm going flying anyway! Woot! Didn't get to fly on Sunday thanks to Isaac killing the entire 3 day weekend. No Sbach today, only Edge, Crack Pitts, Fishcopter and lots of batteries. The days are getting shorter. Our after work fun fly season will be over soon.
Ha sucks to be you. Our temps just dropped. 70's the rest of the week for me woohoo! Now if I can just resist the urge to buy a TH Crack Yak.... Really I need to buy a good additional charger since I have two types of batteries to charge now before going to the field.
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Sep 05, 2012, 12:39 PM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,271 Posts
I will say that the 90 degrees twist KTMRacr suggests seems extreme. If you break all the glue joints seems like it will flop all over and be complete crap.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 01:18 PM
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimbeaver View Post
Now if I can just resist the urge to buy a TH Crack Yak....
Resistance is futile.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 01:24 PM
When in doubt, gas it!
Joined Dec 2010
933 Posts
I am not employed by 3DHS and can't make them issue a refund or replace it. Not sure why you guys keep complaining about the lack of desired resolution to folks on this forum. I/We have nothing to do with 3DHS business practices!

I was recommending that you twist harder because it sounds like you are at the end of the line with this plane anyway and going to throw it in the trash. If what you have already tried hasn't worked, then I was thinking you haven't tried hard enough. I twisted my wing a full 90 degrees, and massaged the wing spar, and it is straight and has stayed straight. I also never made the claim that twisting the wing would fix every single wing out there, and I do realize that it may be possible that your wing is unfixable (however I think that is highly unlikely).

I'm singling you out Nickel cause you are the most vocal about it. You in turn are singling me out because I'm trying to help. Why take offense to that? I'm not.

This is certainly a draining conversation. I think I'll be done with it and go fly a plane or something.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 01:26 PM
When in doubt, gas it!
Joined Dec 2010
933 Posts
Quote:
You need nite lights man!!!!!!!
Old Sep 05, 2012, 01:31 PM
3d addict
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Resistance is futile.
Yes resistance is futile. Lol
Aaeolien is offline Find More Posts by Aaeolien
Old Sep 05, 2012, 01:39 PM
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Dec 2011
2,176 Posts
Quote:
This is certainly a draining conversation. I think I'll be done with it and go fly a plane or something.
+1, exactly what I felt about this thread. but I was stuck in my office and having severe weather warning locally, I do find this thread being entertaining.

BTW, I want to read the unedited post by Joe's dad.
Vince_TT is offline Find More Posts by Vince_TT
Old Sep 05, 2012, 01:42 PM
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,274 Posts
Quote:
You need nite lights man!!!!!!!
That's true. I have Auroras on my Sbach and I've got another set still in the bag. The Edge will light up so much better. I've already got my SFG's spaced out for them. I should just go ahead and put them on the Edge.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 01:47 PM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,271 Posts
Quote:
I am not employed by 3DHS and can't make them issue a refund or replace it. Not sure why you guys keep complaining about the lack of desired resolution to folks on this forum. I/We have nothing to do with 3DHS business practices!
Because 3DHS monitors (or at least did) this forum. That's why! They posted for a while and then became silent as soon as this issue came up.