HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 03, 2012, 02:39 PM
Yury
Россия, город Москва, город Москва
Joined Nov 2010
96 Posts
I've noticed that rolls are slower at a full throttle than at minimum speed. I also feel no difference with or without SFGs.
uraplayer is offline Find More Posts by uraplayer
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 03, 2012, 03:13 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,029 Posts
Well... mine needs repairs now... I like how it flies at least... It KE Spins fast... I lost power to my motor low in a KE Spin, and couldn't get her in nicely.... I'll try to figure out what went wrong...
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old Sep 03, 2012, 03:28 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,029 Posts
Motor Problem...

40" EPP Motor Problem (0 min 32 sec)

EDIT: Got the problem figured out
Last edited by Park_aviator; Sep 03, 2012 at 03:46 PM.
Old Sep 03, 2012, 03:54 PM
Yury
Россия, город Москва, город Москва
Joined Nov 2010
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285 View Post
Nice Video
Nice Flying
Nice Music

Saw the big grin
Thanks!
uraplayer is offline Find More Posts by uraplayer
Old Sep 03, 2012, 08:33 PM
3D NOOB
United States, MO, Jackson
Joined Apr 2012
37 Posts
Yeah, flew mine for the LAST time today. Even though I "twisted" the wing back, I must have not twisted it enough or the foam eventually went back to the original shape. Mine would dip the right wing heavily, when above half throttle. I'm running the same setup as Joe Smith but with HS65mg servos. I've also owned a 48" EPP Extra for a while and it flies great, so I was shocked to see how bad this thing flew. Because it's lighter and stiffer, I thought it would fly better.

Today, while flying a slow harrier, I punched the throttle to climb out of the harrier and then the wing dropped again, slamming me into the ground. I'm not even going to repair this thing again, it's not worth my time. I bough this plane to throw around and fly much more aggressive than I do with some of my larger balsa planes. However, that's not the case, it was nerve racking enough just to keep the plane at level flight. I'm going to pull the motor and electronics and put them in something that I can count on flying straight, maybe the 47" Extra SHP.

On a positive note, this thing did do ridiculous knife edge spins. At the speeds the plane would spin, I was surprised that the frame didn't implode.
xCRASHnBURNx is offline Find More Posts by xCRASHnBURNx
Old Sep 03, 2012, 08:53 PM
"Get off the runway!"
United States, TX, Hutto
Joined May 2012
553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xCRASHnBURNx View Post
Yeah, flew mine for the LAST time today. Even though I "twisted" the wing back, I must have not twisted it enough or the foam eventually went back to the original shape. Mine would dip the right wing heavily, when above half throttle. I'm running the same setup as Joe Smith but with HS65mg servos. I've also owned a 48" EPP Extra for a while and it flies great, so I was shocked to see how bad this thing flew. Because it's lighter and stiffer, I thought it would fly better.

Today, while flying a slow harrier, I punched the throttle to climb out of the harrier and then the wing dropped again, slamming me into the ground. I'm not even going to repair this thing again, it's not worth my time. I bough this plane to throw around and fly much more aggressive than I do with some of my larger balsa planes. However, that's not the case, it was nerve racking enough just to keep the plane at level flight. I'm going to pull the motor and electronics and put them in something that I can count on flying straight, maybe the 47" Extra SHP.

On a positive note, this thing did do ridiculous knife edge spins. At the speeds the plane would spin, I was surprised that the frame didn't implode.
Mine did the same thing. The twist fix helped....for 2 flights. Then while powering it up from low speed pass, it curled into a tree. No amount of left aileron would level it. Forget about any help from 3DHS. I emailed them and the reply was basically " twist it and fly it".
Da Big_G is online now Find More Posts by Da Big_G
Old Sep 03, 2012, 09:00 PM
This is BAT country!
United States, MI, Ovid
Joined Nov 2003
640 Posts
Anyone running a Hacker a30-16M?
Gonzo 1971 is offline Find More Posts by Gonzo 1971
Old Sep 03, 2012, 09:13 PM
When in doubt, gas it!
United States, KS, Spring Hill
Joined Dec 2010
933 Posts
Almost dark enough for a maiden! Weeeeee!
KTMRacr is offline Find More Posts by KTMRacr
Old Sep 03, 2012, 09:18 PM
Joined Apr 2008
1,579 Posts
Nice. Genesis light kit from Aurora?
chopper62 is offline Find More Posts by chopper62
Old Sep 03, 2012, 09:22 PM
fly and then fly some more!
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Big_G View Post
Mine did the same thing. The twist fix helped....for 2 flights. Then while powering it up from low speed pass, it curled into a tree. No amount of left aileron would level it. Forget about any help from 3DHS. I emailed them and the reply was basically " twist it and fly it".
So, i got chewed out by several on here for getting upset at 3dhs about this plane. I was told to give them time and they will make it right....so...i have been waiting as well as others and so far i dont see them making this right....
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Old Sep 03, 2012, 09:27 PM
United States, FL, Marianna
Joined Apr 2011
860 Posts
Maybe its time to leave an accurate product review on their website for this model?
dentalpain is offline Find More Posts by dentalpain
Old Sep 03, 2012, 09:31 PM
When in doubt, gas it!
Joined Dec 2010
933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper62 View Post
Nice. Genesis light kit from Aurora?
Home built light kit. Nav markers are just strip LEDs from HobbyPartz. 10 3W LEDs from Mouser and a BoostPuck from ledsupply.com.

Maiden is done. Needed one click of elevator and its perfect. I only dialed in 30 degrees of aileron, think I'll bump that to 35. Time for some more flying!
Old Sep 03, 2012, 09:35 PM
United States, FL, Marianna
Joined Apr 2011
860 Posts
As always great work KTM. Still love that 33 epp extra you lit up in you avatar.
dentalpain is offline Find More Posts by dentalpain
Old Sep 03, 2012, 09:36 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMRacr View Post
Home built light kit. Nav markers are just strip LEDs from HobbyPartz. 10 3W LEDs from Mouser and a BoostPuck from ledsupply.com.

Maiden is done. Needed one click of elevator and its perfect. I only dialed in 30 degrees of aileron, think I'll bump that to 35. Time for some more flying!
What did you go expo wise? I have 60 ailerons, 60 elevator, 55 rudder.
Old Sep 03, 2012, 10:06 PM
When in doubt, gas it!
Joined Dec 2010
933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator View Post
What did you go expo wise? I have 60 ailerons, 60 elevator, 55 rudder.
I started with 65 ailerons, 50 on the elevator, and 40 on the rudder.

This is a pitchy little thing!!! You can tell it has a short fuse!

I was a little below 45 degrees of elevator and I can tell I need more. Might bump that expo up on the elevator a bit while I'm at it. On the other hand, it felt fine flying normal, when I drop it into a harrier it seems real "pitchy". Maybe less elevator expo would be better.

Wish I had an accurate scale for something this heavy. It feels heavy holding it in my hand. Doesn't float as good as I thought it would but I only have three night flights in a confined space so far. =) Might get these batteries charged up and go out to the park where there is a little more room to "get acquainted"