Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 17, 2012, 07:34 PM
Plane Destroyer / Life Enjoyer
Miami, FL
Joined May 2009
3,462 Posts
Discussion
HiSky FBL 100 Flybarless Mini 3D or Blade MCPX???

I own a blade MCPX and am thinking about buying a HiSky FBL 100 Flybarless Mini 3D. http://www.hobbycool.com/hisky-fbl-1...ery-p-507.html The main reason for this is that I am having a hard time getting my MCPX to fly well using my Futaba 9c with Spektrum module.

Anyone out there that has flown both of them that can give me a bit of advice?

With my MCPX if I am not very careful with my 3d transitions in idle up mode she spins around like crazy and I have to cut throttle. Even with the tail extension mod. Will the HiSky FBL 100 do this as well?

Which bird do you prefer between the two?

I'm not trying to make this a bashing thread so please lets not go there, I am looking for someone that has flown both helis and can give an honest comparison.

I have two options, buy a Spektrum 6 tx just for this little copter or buy the HiSky which comes with a TX.

Thanks!
airbagit13 is offline Find More Posts by airbagit13
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 17, 2012, 08:45 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,136 Posts
I haven't flown the Hisky FBL100 but I know what you are talking about with the MCPx. Some of the earlier V1 boards were awful but the problem has been much reduced by the later V1 versions and also in the V2. The chances are that you will not see much difference with the DX6i. The only effective way to eliminate tail blowouts is to go brushless with your MCPx. The reason is that motor is powered directly from the battery and does not have to go through the board, therefore reducing the chance of the tail motor being cut off because of an over current draw by the main motor.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Last edited by zadaw; Jul 17, 2012 at 10:26 PM.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 04:09 PM
www.rctodayshow.com
Austin, TX
Joined Sep 2005
11,499 Posts
zadaw is correct: Your radio is not causing the tail to shut down / blow out. That is caused by using too much collective pitch / poor collective management.

Using better (eg: non-Eflite) batteries will help. I like the Scorpion or Hyperion packs in my mCPX.

I haven't flown the Hisky clone, but I just wanted to post to say that you don't need a new heli or transmitter to fix the issue you report.

Chris
JustPlaneChris is online now Find More Posts by JustPlaneChris