HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 17, 2012, 01:10 PM
Joined Jul 2012
1 Posts
Help!
Need help converting Nitro car to electric.

Hello guys, I am from India, and have just joined rcgroups so please bare with me.

I need help in converting an old HPI Nitro Rush 2wd stadium truck with a .15 ic engine to electric. Have absolute no idea how to.
Do i need to attach a BL motor directly to the transmission ? How will it fit? What esc and motor kv specs are required? Its main spur gear is stripped of its teeth, will i need it? etc. These might be stupid questions to ask.. but, like i said....please bare with me.

Would really appreciate any kind of info on this issue.

rgds,
giri.
giri is offline Find More Posts by giri
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 23, 2012, 01:48 AM
ค๔๔เςtє๔ t๏ R/C
United States, WA, University Place
Joined Jul 2012
221 Posts
That is a very specific job. I doubt that anyone will know exactly how everything will fit given that its an old car and that's a pretty big job converting to electric and a lot of money is waisted on parts that didnt quite fit.

My recommendation is get a 2wd slash vxl that is gobs of fun with durability and speed with a 3s lipo! Also it is reasonably priced considering how much you would spend converting that car to electric.
resonatortune is offline Find More Posts by resonatortune
Old Jul 24, 2012, 06:22 PM
Outdoor Extremist
Pennsylvania
Joined Jul 2010
1,006 Posts
I think what was said above might be your best bet because this is an expensive avenue and not for the faint of hurt if your committed you can do it and we can guide you but not an easy project by any means
rustlererad3 is offline Find More Posts by rustlererad3