SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:23 PM
Lou
United States, VA, Waynesboro
Joined Dec 2005
5,607 Posts
Trying to make decisions about moving from my EVO and my Aurora 9 to Jeti. For the U.S. transmitters what is the power output signal as compared to the Aurora?
Lou is offline Find More Posts by Lou
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:04 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Feb 2002
1,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drice View Post
Sounds good. Where can I read up on all this? Where do I find all the options and flying hardware setup information?
Have a look at the Jeti website for the range of receivers:
http://www.jetimodel.com/index.php?p...=0&category=68

If you download any of the instruction manuals, you'll be able to read up on the cool things they can do - cloning, alarm levels, channel functions (mixing, reversing, centers, limits), failsafe, output signal frequency, and more - too many to list here ! But the attached summary sheet should give you some idea.
Geoff_S is offline Find More Posts by Geoff_S
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:48 PM
Joined May 2010
1,758 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obake View Post
Trying to make decisions about moving from my EVO and my Aurora 9 to Jeti. For the U.S. transmitters what is the power output signal as compared to the Aurora?
Jeti uses 100mW of power output.
Esprit Model is offline Find More Posts by Esprit Model
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Esprit Model; Oct 10, 2012 at 11:41 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:18 PM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model View Post
Jeti uses 100mV of power output.
Do you mean milliwatt and not millivolt?
I guess that means that it is acceptable to use worldwide without any region or power setting changes?
aerocal is online now Find More Posts by aerocal
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:24 PM
Lou
United States, VA, Waynesboro
Joined Dec 2005
5,607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model View Post
Jeti uses 100mV of power output.
Thank you, that is what I needed to know.
Lou is offline Find More Posts by Lou
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:32 PM
Joined May 2010
1,758 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerocal View Post
Do you mean milliwatt and not millivolt?
I guess that means that it is acceptable to use worldwide without any region or power setting changes?
Yes, no limitations you are free to use it anywhere.

Zb/Esprit Model
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 13, 2012, 07:44 PM
Joined May 2010
1,758 Posts
We just made video showing new Synthetized Voice Generating capabilities of the 1.06 update for Jeti DC-16. You can hear the voice, unfortunately our shop HD camera was not available. Looks like Monday is do Over.

You can hear Time and Telemetry Sensors data. Monday we will make new video using two cameras with details of the screen.

Zb/Esprit Model

Jetil Duplex Synthesized Voice "Time & Telemetry".mp4 (12 min 6 sec)
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 16, 2012, 10:24 AM
Joined May 2008
204 Posts
Nice they got the synthesized voice for alerts working.

Zb/Esprit... this is a friendly little reminder about my Mezon questions back in post #84. I'm still going to order a TX, just want a few pieces of information clarified on the Mezon so I'm confident it will work as I think it will.
Kiba is offline Find More Posts by Kiba
Last edited by Kiba; Oct 16, 2012 at 11:16 AM.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 02:59 PM
Boston, MA
Joined Jul 2004
44 Posts
Full range receivers??

A question for Esprit or anyone with personal experience: I've looked online but I have not been able to figure out what Jeti receivers are full range and robust enough to, say, fly a .60 size model?

Only the R9 and above or are the R5 and R7 receivers OK as well?

Thanks very much in advance!

Freddy
macchi is offline Find More Posts by macchi
Old Oct 16, 2012, 03:10 PM
Melbourne, FL
Joined Dec 2004
1,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiba View Post
Another potential buyer here... thinking of dumping my DX8 and Kontronik / YGE ESCs on my helis and going Jeti for the TX and ESCs. I'm running a tray with my DX8 so I'm strongly leaning towards the DC16 (but would like it to have shorter sticks!)

The Mezon ESC's say they're compatible with an external governor; do the Mezons have a built-in phase sensor that is compatible with say Vbar or is a separate phase sensor required? If using an external governor, are there separate spool up and response parameters like the YGE so you can have a smooth slow spool up and then once spooled up it has rapid response to the throttle changes from the external governor?

Also, can the Jeti TX serve as a Jetibox to program the Mezon or do you need to buy a Jetibox to setup the Mezon?
The Mezons do not currently have a internal RPM output so some other means of communicating RPM data to an external gov is needed. We are working with Jeti to add a RPM output but I cannot say when this will be available. When using an external gov the Mezon is set to Fast Response mode. In this mode the initial spool up is controlled by the Mezon. When the PWM is at 50% the ESC goes into Fast Response mode.

Danny
F1 Rocket is offline Find More Posts by F1 Rocket
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 16, 2012, 03:14 PM
Joined May 2010
1,758 Posts
Short Update on FCC certification.
Unfortunately it takes longer than expected. Apparently FCC lab we are working with never certified anything similar to Jeti Duplex Transmitter System with Telemetry. Just testing of the USB port and Earphone Jack takes over a week.
Another example; we had to create special testing software for Receivers/Transceivers, there was no way of testing Unintentional Radiated Emissions, because receiver does not transmit unless receives data signal from transmitter. But if you turn Tx on, you can not measure Rx. All this goes on and on. Looks like we are still on time to be finished by the end of October.

Zb/Esprit Model
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Esprit Model; Oct 16, 2012 at 06:25 PM.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 03:38 PM
Joined May 2008
204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1 Rocket View Post
The Mezons do not currently have a internal RPM output so some other means of communicating RPM data to an external gov is needed. We are working with Jeti to add a RPM output but I cannot say when this will be available. When using an external gov the Mezon is set to Fast Response mode. In this mode the initial spool up is controlled by the Mezon. When the PWM is at 50% the ESC goes into Fast Response mode.

Danny
Thanks Danny. Good to know that the Mezon has separate spoolup & response modes just like a YGE. With the switchover taking place at 50% PWM that should allow a wide headspeed range before dropping back into the slower response spool-up range.

I'm a bit disappointed to hear the Mezon doesn't currently have an internal phase sensor that can be easily output to an external governor but I'm glad to hear it's being looked at. An external phase sensor isn't a problem-- I was just hoping that given the external governor capability and the amount of telemetry available with the Mezon that an internal phase sensor output like YGE was something that had been designed in from the beginning (even though it's probably a feature that a relatively small percentage of users take advantage of.)

Now I'm trying to decide if switching from my current YGE160HV to a Mezon or simply adding a Jeti current/voltage sensor in line with my current YGE160 is the best option for getting actual voltage/amperage/mah telemetry to the Jeti TX.

Thanks again!
Kiba is offline Find More Posts by Kiba
Last edited by Kiba; Oct 17, 2012 at 02:55 AM.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 04:21 AM
Supersonic Engineering
UK, Greater London, Uxbridge
Joined Mar 2001
3,129 Posts
macchi - only those receivers designated as 'indoor' have reduced range - all the rest are full range AFAIK. I fly a 4 channel on my aerial photography model and have had that WAY up high, with no problems at all. I'd have no hesitation in flying a 60 sized model with an R5 or R6.
GordonTarling is offline Find More Posts by GordonTarling
Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:39 AM
Joined May 2010
1,758 Posts
We just made video showing new Synthesized Voice Generating capabilities of the 1.06 update for Jeti DC-16. You can hear Time and Telemetry Sensors data.

Zb/Esprit Model

Jeti Duplex Synthesized Voice "Time & Telemetry" (14 min 22 sec)
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 17, 2012, 01:33 PM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonTarling View Post
macchi - only those receivers designated as 'indoor' have reduced range - all the rest are full range AFAIK. I fly a 4 channel on my aerial photography model and have had that WAY up high, with no problems at all. I'd have no hesitation in flying a 60 sized model with an R5 or R6.
Be nice if the official Jeti representative answered some of these questions rather than posting more telemetry marketing videos :-)

I believe the receiver sensitivity will relate to range. In which case the R8 and above are full range. The R6 less and the R4, R5 & R7 less so.

Not to say that the lower range ones are still not a pretty good range.

The receiver manual gives power outputs and receiver sensitives for all the receivers.

A .60 sized model pretty small and close in comparison to say aero towing a half scale glider almost out of sight so full range a relative question.

Dave
wildpalms is offline Find More Posts by wildpalms