HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:28 PM
Czech Republic
Joined May 2010
78 Posts
Audio-over-Bluetooth capability might be reached only with an external self-powered adapter that connects to integrated audio jack. However, it should be possible to transmit telemetry data to your Android mobile app via Bluetooth and then let the speech flow to your wireless earphones :-)
MafRaf is offline Find More Posts by MafRaf
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:46 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,404 Posts
Not sur if you are saying that officially.
The part I didn't get is the two versions of the bluetooth modules. One is for the TX. The other?
If the TX type, sends out standard 802.11 formates, then anything should be able to listen in and pick up either audio out of raw data streams. Then multiple devices can listen, and if your phone runs out of juice, or ear bud, they don't have to piggy back on each other.

But you're right, if they are not broadcasting bluetooth in 802.11 then you'd need a device/android to act as a gateway.
That's why I'm curious how they set this up exactly.
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:37 PM
Czech Republic
Joined May 2010
78 Posts
Don't you see the smile? Probably you mean protocol 802.15.1... The device is a dedicated module with serial BT profile and low data rate. The Android gateway will be probably necessary.
One version is for Tx modules like TU or TG, the other one is for transmitters DS/DC.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 02:52 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2004
433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edkirk View Post
A little note on the negative side, I purchased the double end neck strap (Deluxe) and find the 2 clips to be very low quality. One end is allmost impossible to open. Yesterday I was walking with my quad in my hands and the radio suspended around my neck and one of the clips managed to unlatch and droped the radio to the ground. No damage! I am going to replace the clips with something of better quality, a fabric outlet store nearby has a big selection to choose from. Please check the clips on the straps. The two neck strap brackets protected the front of the radio when it hit the ground.

Thanks, Ed
I agree with you Ed. I bought the 4-point shoulder harness and tray for my DC-16, and the clips can't cost more than a nickle USD. For a harness that costs $56, I would expect fur lining and a hand massage.

It may not have come with a massage, but the rest of the harness is fine, and it's comfortable, if waaaayyy over priced, but those clips are junk.

As soon as I connected them to the tray, I dis-connected them and they are on the "replace before use" list. There is no way I would trust those clips to hold my sandwich, much less my Tx.

That's a hint to Jeti.
drice is offline Find More Posts by drice
Old Feb 14, 2013, 04:35 PM
Team JetiUSA
Santa Clara, CA
Joined Nov 2008
1,003 Posts
I think Jeti should resell the Revoc harness (also made in CZ if I recall)

Peter+
pvogel is offline Find More Posts by pvogel
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:41 PM
Airborne whenever I can.
Canada, AB, Edson
Joined Dec 2006
547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drice View Post
I agree with you Ed. I bought the 4-point shoulder harness and tray for my DC-16, and the clips can't cost more than a nickle USD. For a harness that costs $56, I would expect fur lining and a hand massage.

It may not have come with a massage, but the rest of the harness is fine, and it's comfortable, if waaaayyy over priced, but those clips are junk.

As soon as I connected them to the tray, I dis-connected them and they are on the "replace before use" list. There is no way I would trust those clips to hold my sandwich, much less my Tx.

That's a hint to Jeti.
My 4-point harness is just fine, clips work fine too. Do not see any problem with them. Unless you want bigger ones, no need to change mine.
PAT-T is offline Find More Posts by PAT-T
Old Feb 15, 2013, 12:44 AM
pwy
Sydney, Australia
Joined Sep 2007
116 Posts
Latest news from Germany is that delivery of DS-16 has slipped again. Shipping date is now mid April
What about the US versions ZB?
pwy is offline Find More Posts by pwy
Old Feb 15, 2013, 02:44 AM
United Kingdom, England, Lancs
Joined Apr 2005
563 Posts
I thought that might happen. The DC-16 was also delayed several times.
Jeti is a small company compared to Futaba and Spektrum.
VinceHaworth is offline Find More Posts by VinceHaworth
Old Feb 16, 2013, 01:31 AM
Joined Dec 2010
501 Posts
Anyone know if the new potentiometer stick will be able to be assigned as rudder control? Say aileron elevator and rudder on one stick.
redridinghood is offline Find More Posts by redridinghood
Old Feb 16, 2013, 01:44 AM
Airborne whenever I can.
Canada, AB, Edson
Joined Dec 2006
547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redridinghood View Post
Anyone know if the new potentiometer stick will be able to be assigned as rudder control? Say aileron elevator and rudder on one stick.
You can assign it for sure to anything you want, but your rudder will not center like with a stick.
PAT-T is offline Find More Posts by PAT-T
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:01 AM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
They maybe ought to make two devices although I'm not sure how much of a market exists. The radio doesn't really lend itself to the cuddle box single stick format.

Postman has just been with SM Modellbau UniSens-E sensor. Nice piece of kit. For electric gliders it is perfect; compact size for the array of sensors fitted. I don't speak German but site was easy to use and he took PayPal. Ordered last weekend and arrived this morning (just under a week).
wildpalms is offline Find More Posts by wildpalms
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:48 AM
Joined Jun 2005
155 Posts
Hi Jeti fans. I'am working on Jeti telemetry protocol so that my sensor board can send frendly data to my friend's DC-16.
Project is visible here :
GlideByWire
I have an Android application too, that work well with my FrSky setup and I'd like to know if it's possible to transmit the telemetry data out of the DC-16 so that I can plug a BT module like on my MPX-FrSky combo. Thx for your hints.
zenoid is offline Find More Posts by zenoid
Old Feb 16, 2013, 09:28 AM
Joined Jun 2009
89 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpalms View Post

Postman has just been with SM Modellbau UniSens-E sensor. Nice piece of kit. For electric gliders it is perfect; compact size for the array of sensors fitted. I don't speak German but site was easy to use and he took PayPal. Ordered last weekend and arrived this morning (just under a week).
I have had a Unisens in one of my Esoarers for a couple of months and am very pleased with it.It is light and compact and very good value given its functionality.It works seemlessly with my Jetibox Profi which operates in Tx mode in conjunction with a Futaba 8FG.
For those not already aware Dick Whitehead has produced an excellent English translation of the instructions at http://www.f5b.co.uk/CMS/UniLog_in_English
One feature I have found really useful is the battery capacity counter.The Unisens can be set to accumulate the capacity used from the flight battery on a series of flights-even if turned off between flights.This is very handy on an Esoaring glider where it quite easy in a competition to forget the number of launches only for the motor to quit at a critical time.
Painter S is offline Find More Posts by Painter S
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:47 AM
Czech Republic
Joined May 2010
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenoid View Post
Hi Jeti fans. I'am working on Jeti telemetry protocol so that my sensor board can send frendly data to my friend's DC-16.
Project is visible here :
GlideByWire
I have an Android application too, that work well with my FrSky setup and I'd like to know if it's possible to transmit the telemetry data out of the DC-16 so that I can plug a BT module like on my MPX-FrSky combo. Thx for your hints.
It should be possible later with an update
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:39 PM
United States, CA, Vista
Joined Dec 2010
314 Posts
This will sound strange if you don't fly multicopters, I want to have a self centering throttle instead of the standard friction setup. Some control boards like the DJI Naza and Wookong hold altitude when the throttle is at 1/2 position, up throttle and the craft goes up until throttle is back to 1/2, the opposite for down. I have a self centering stick assembly but haven't installed it in my DC-16. I have installed the self centering hardware in two Futaba T8FG transmitters and like the results, also a friend is flying the self centering throttle in multicopters and likes it in attitude or altitude hold mode.

I want to know if it is possible to program the left slider "P6" as a friction throttle and be able to switch back and forth to the stick throttle (self centering) "P4" using a two position switch. This allows me to switch between a friction throttle "P6" and self center throttle "P4". Of course if this is possible how is it done?

I am also considering a mechanical modification on my self centering stick assembly using a lever to move the self centering spring and arm out of contact with the stick so the same stick can be used for both modes.

Thanks, Ed
Edkirk is offline Find More Posts by Edkirk