Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:45 PM
Team JetiUSA
Santa Clara, CA
Joined Nov 2008
1,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthrottle View Post
This is what was posted to FB
Who/what did you "like" to see that? I didn't see it from Esprit and I can't find a Jeti presence on FB...

Peter+
pvogel is offline Find More Posts by pvogel
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:49 PM
Michael
United States, ME, Wells
Joined May 2008
1,125 Posts
No Facebook?

As one of the last holdouts (no Facebook account), I appreciate folks re-posting info found on Facebook and other sites that not everyone accesses.

Thanks, very much appreciated.

Michael
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvogel View Post
Who/what did you "like" to see that? I didn't see it from Esprit and I can't find a Jeti presence on FB...

Peter+
Snowflake6515 is offline Find More Posts by Snowflake6515
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:03 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2004
433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake6515 View Post
As one of the last holdouts (no Facebook account), I appreciate folks re-posting info found on Facebook and other sites that not everyone accesses.
You and me both, brother.
drice is offline Find More Posts by drice
Old Feb 12, 2013, 04:08 PM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
Don't have to use Facebook to see public pages. It is just another website you can visit.

I originally googled 'jetimodel' & 'facebook' & came up with this link which I simply bookmarked: https://www.facebook.com/jetimodel

Another useful link that I and others have posted recently is: http://www.jetiforum.de/
wildpalms is offline Find More Posts by wildpalms
Old Feb 12, 2013, 05:01 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvogel View Post

Peter+
I don't think you even have to be a Facebook member to view certain profiles like Jeti.
Try this https://www.facebook.com/#!/jetimodel
All that is is Facebook is hosting the Jeti/facebook page. At one time it was AOL, now facebook and for most of us we're used to RCGroups.com. They are just hosts.

It should take you straight to the Jeti facebook page. You just can't make any comment unless you do have an member profile.

Oh should have read your post wildpalms. You already posted the link.
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Freewing 90mm F-16C
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:53 PM
Michael
United States, ME, Wells
Joined May 2008
1,125 Posts

Thanks to both posters. I bookmarked the link and am ignoring the request to "sign up". :-)

Michael
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthrottle View Post
I don't think you even have to be a Facebook member to view certain profiles like Jeti.
Try this https://www.facebook.com/#!/jetimodel
All that is is Facebook is hosting the Jeti/facebook page. At one time it was AOL, now facebook and for most of us we're used to RCGroups.com. They are just hosts.

It should take you straight to the Jeti facebook page. You just can't make any comment unless you do have an member profile.

Oh should have read your post wildpalms. You already posted the link.
Snowflake6515 is offline Find More Posts by Snowflake6515
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:18 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,479 Posts
Does the DS-16 has a "shaker" as the Futaba 14SG?
tritan is offline Find More Posts by tritan
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:58 AM
London, UK
Joined Jan 2009
581 Posts
Looking around the web, there are a few conflicting statements of the weight of the DS-16. I'd be very interested to know the size and weight from someone who has a DS-16, a tape measure, and a scale! Hint, hint @Zb/Esprit Model

Jony
JonyEpsilon is offline Find More Posts by JonyEpsilon
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:09 AM
Joined May 2010
1,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritan View Post
Does the DS-16 has a "shaker" as the Futaba 14SG?
No but it Talks, Sings, and has programmable alarms.

Zb/Esprit Model
Esprit Model is offline Find More Posts by Esprit Model
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:10 AM
Joined May 2010
1,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonyEpsilon View Post
Looking around the web, there are a few conflicting statements of the weight of the DS-16. I'd be very interested to know the size and weight from someone who has a DS-16, a tape measure, and a scale! Hint, hint @Zb/Esprit Model

Jony
Here you can see them side by side:
Esprit Model is offline Find More Posts by Esprit Model
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:23 AM
Czech Republic
Joined May 2010
78 Posts
Hi, ca 1.2kg and size 210x230mm, the main body is 40mm thick. Shaker is not included but it will recognize when you shake it to the left or right :-)
MafRaf is offline Find More Posts by MafRaf
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:26 AM
London, UK
Joined Jan 2009
581 Posts
Edit: MafRaf answered while I was typing! Thanks

Thanks, that's useful. :-) That doesn't show the dimension I'm most interested in though, which is the depth. Is it the same (40mm) as the DC-16?

Reason I ask, is that I mainly fly DLG, and the idea is that when you spin round, the model goes in the air and the transmitter stays in your hand, not the other way around! So it's important to be able to get a real good grip on it. Weight's important too - any chance of sticking it on the scales ?

Thanks,

Jony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model View Post
Here you can see them side by side:
JonyEpsilon is offline Find More Posts by JonyEpsilon
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:46 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,479 Posts
Quote:

Zb/Esprit Model
Good enuff for me - where do I pay?
tritan is offline Find More Posts by tritan
Old Feb 13, 2013, 12:23 PM
United States, CA, Vista
Joined Dec 2010
314 Posts
I have the DC-16 and very impressed with it. I had a chance to pick up and handle the DS-16 at the AMA show, there are rubber grips on the bottom of the DS-16 for your fingers to wrap around providing a positive grip and very comfortable. The bottom of the TX is not flat like the DC-16, I would like to get a pair of the grips to install on the bottom of my DC-16. I replaced the long stick ends with very short ones so I can use my thumbs like a standard radio.

At first the DS-16 feels top heavy and tippy with the display on top but the sensation went away after a few minutes of handling. I think the grips made the difference.

A little note on the negative side, I purchased the double end neck strap (Deluxe) and find the 2 clips to be very low quality. One end is allmost impossible to open. Yesterday I was walking with my quad in my hands and the radio suspended around my neck and one of the clips managed to unlatch and droped the radio to the ground. No damage! I am going to replace the clips with something of better quality, a fabric outlet store nearby has a big selection to choose from. Please check the clips on the straps. The two neck strap brackets protected the front of the radio when it hit the ground.

Thanks, Ed
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonyEpsilon View Post
Edit: MafRaf answered while I was typing! Thanks

Thanks, that's useful. :-) That doesn't show the dimension I'm most interested in though, which is the depth. Is it the same (40mm) as the DC-16?

Reason I ask, is that I mainly fly DLG, and the idea is that when you spin round, the model goes in the air and the transmitter stays in your hand, not the other way around! So it's important to be able to get a real good grip on it. Weight's important too - any chance of sticking it on the scales ?

Thanks,

Jony
Edkirk is offline Find More Posts by Edkirk
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:07 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,482 Posts
Quote:

Zb/Esprit Model
Actually with the Bluetooth TX module, does it carry audio out? Will it audio out hand shake with bluetooth ear buds etc? Thus remaining silent to others like a vibrate notice.
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Freewing 90mm F-16C