Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:37 PM
Airborne whenever I can.
Canada, AB, Edson
Joined Dec 2006
522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonTarling View Post
Coming soon?
Interesting. Where did you get those? Or home made??
PAT-T is offline Find More Posts by PAT-T
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:39 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Oct 2011
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiba View Post
I switched from a YGE 160HV + WR G2 BEC + MUI200 to a Mezon 130.

It really cleaned up the amount of wiring at the front of my Goblin and being able to program all the Mezon parameters right from the TX is a bonus!

I've got about 10 flights on it so far and will probably put another 8-10 on it tomorrow, really liking the Mezon so far. Spoolup is very smooth and free of an initial kick like YGE, BEC is stout, and the governor seems to be right up there with if not a little better than the YGE internal governor. It feels a lot like a Jive in flight-- and that's an accomplishment!

Depending on what motor you use the Mezon 130 might be a little on edge for a Mikado 700; the Mezon's default current limiting is set to 170A. Next step higher is "disabled"; I've talked to people currently logging 200-210A peaks through the Mezon 130 with current limiting disabled and so far no ill effects. I've only hit 158A peak so far with an Align 750MX on my Goblin.
Man that sounds awesome. It is strange that the default limiting is set to 170A. On Esprit's website it shows max amperage of a 143A. I don't doubt what you say but it seems the info on their website is a little off. in most cases consumer experience always paints a better picture. Then again Esprit /Jeti probably give a conservative figure so we don't make it go "poof".

with Logo 700 being a bit heavier than the Goblin I just don't think I can risk using the 130. If all goes to plan I hope to use the Xera 4530-500brushless motor. I am glad your's is working out for you.

Are you flying by timer, by mah consumed or both?
pcskyhi is offline Find More Posts by pcskyhi
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:27 AM
Joined May 2008
204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcskyhi View Post
Man that sounds awesome. It is strange that the default limiting is set to 170A. On Esprit's website it shows max amperage of a 143A. I don't doubt what you say but it seems the info on their website is a little off. in most cases consumer experience always paints a better picture. Then again Esprit /Jeti probably give a conservative figure so we don't make it go "poof".

with Logo 700 being a bit heavier than the Goblin I just don't think I can risk using the 130. If all goes to plan I hope to use the Xera 4530-500brushless motor. I am glad your's is working out for you.

Are you flying by timer, by mah consumed or both?
I have an alarm on my timer at 5:30, a mah alarm at 3500 mah, and I have the Mezon programmed to slow down throttle at 3.1V/cell or 4500mah as a "last resort." Depending on how hard I fly I get the mah alarm right about the same time as the timer, usually within about +/- 20 seconds.

I've heard rumors that the Mezon can actually take 250A peaks safely (about 2X the rated continuous current, much like a Jive) but of course that hasn't been confirmed by Jeti. I can say with 100% certainty that they're set for 170A current limit out of the box and the next step higher is "disabled." I also know two people have been running/testing them with the limiting disabled and logging peaks up around 200-210A with no shutdowns or other problems.

They're also set for 100C thermal shutdown out of the box, that can be adjusted up too. One of the guys that's been doing testing for Jeti here in the US suggested I bump the thermal point to 150C... that's a little too high for my taste!

Another neat piece of info, since the Jeti EX telemetry protocols are open source I have a friend who is working on an interface between the data out port on the FADEC for the Wren MW44 turbine and the Jeti. This way you would be able to have an telemetry & alarms on the TX for turbine temperature, RPM, flameout, fuel consumption (based on fuel pump duty cycle), etc. Neat stuff.
Kiba is offline Find More Posts by Kiba
Last edited by Kiba; Feb 03, 2013 at 01:43 AM.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:39 AM
Joined Feb 2006
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model View Post
Couple pictures of things to come.

Zb/Esprit Model
Can I ask what the android phone is displaying. Is it a program that lets you see the data coming from a DC16.

David.
f3fisa is online now Find More Posts by f3fisa
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:36 AM
Sweden, Sundsvall
Joined Aug 2011
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by f3fisa View Post
Can I ask what the android phone is displaying. Is it a program that lets you see the data coming from a DC16.

David.
I think there might be a clue on the pics in this link
http://www.edf-jets.de/news/201-jeti...arenmesse.html

A lot of great things can be done with a BT adapter, but I wonder how the data is relayed over from the DC/DS to the adapter?
I guess it is either listening in on the traffic wirelessly like the JetiBox profi (and need separate power source), or perhaps fed from the DC/DS dual RF unit.
FeffeSvl is offline Find More Posts by FeffeSvl
Old Feb 03, 2013, 05:38 AM
Supersonic Engineering
UK, Greater London, Uxbridge
Joined Mar 2001
3,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAT-T View Post
Interesting. Where did you get those? Or home made??
Pat - When I received my DC-16, the switch at that position was bent - when Jeti sent a replacement, I modified the original switch board to take that locking switch - it's a bit of a bodge, but it does work fine. I use it as the motor safety switch on all my models.
GordonTarling is offline Find More Posts by GordonTarling
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:15 PM
Airborne whenever I can.
Canada, AB, Edson
Joined Dec 2006
522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonTarling View Post
Pat - When I received my DC-16, the switch at that position was bent - when Jeti sent a replacement, I modified the original switch board to take that locking switch - it's a bit of a bodge, but it does work fine. I use it as the motor safety switch on all my models.
Thanks, that is exactly i would like to use it for. Hopefully Jeti will offer that switch in the future, as my hand are getting to chaky to solder small stuff like that.
Needed some time to get those stick switches in my TX without destroying something.

Regards,

Pat
PAT-T is offline Find More Posts by PAT-T
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:20 PM
Joined May 2010
1,605 Posts
I think we can expect very exiting 2013. Tons of new exiting toys are coming our way. We can expect wireless Bluetooth Module, Carbon Version of the Radios, Wireless ON/OFF Rx Switch and much more.

Team JetiUSA
Zb/Esprit Model

1) Wireless Bluetooth Module for Android System
2) Jeti Telemetry App for Android
3) Jeti Telemetry PC Monitoring Software
4) Jeti Central Box 200, Power Distribution Unit
5) Revolutionary Receiver Wireless Switch
6/7) New Carbon Fiber Limited Edition Radios
8) Safety Locking Switch
9) Rotary Stick Control Knob
Esprit Model is offline Find More Posts by Esprit Model
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:26 PM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
Receiver wireless switch? I can hazard a guess but please explain.

I won't ask for dates as they usually erratic. I'm still looking forward to the new decent tray which they said would be available November :-)
wildpalms is offline Find More Posts by wildpalms
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:42 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,261 Posts
All I can say, its nice to see a radio and RC manufacturer that's just getting it all right! They must be listening to the market and sensibly using the tools and technology that so readily available and so clumsily deployed by other competitors.

Very nice.

It would be nice if an android app could actually replace the Profi with the ability to program as well as passively receive data.

Actaully suggestion: the Android app. There are a number of apps that allow the cameras to be active displaying the background camera view, with the data overlay. Its concievable to have the camera recording while having the telem data read out overlay so that the flight and data is recorded in parallel. So along with the data, you can see what the model was doing to relate to the data.
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Maxthrottle; Feb 05, 2013 at 12:48 PM.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:02 PM
Sweden, Sundsvall
Joined Aug 2011
65 Posts
+1

There are more pics here, among other things we get a few more screen shots of the android app. And yes, it looks like it will be able to emulate the jetibox as well!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

I found it here, in case the link above don't work: http://www.jetiforum.de/index.php/pl...3?limitstart=0 (see last post on that page)
FeffeSvl is offline Find More Posts by FeffeSvl
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:46 AM
Joined May 2010
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpalms View Post
It’s basically receiver with extremely short range and very low power consumption. Jeti is estimating range around 5m (15’), I like this idea combined with Tx Locking Switch. Still it’s TWO Step process, you flip the Tx Switch and you have to push confirmation button on the radio.

Zb/Esprit Model
Esprit Model is offline Find More Posts by Esprit Model
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:50 PM
Team JetiUSA
Santa Clara, CA
Joined Nov 2008
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpalms View Post

I won't ask for dates as they usually erratic. I'm still looking forward to the new decent tray which they said would be available November :-)
What new tray? You have me curious...

Thanks,
Peter+
pvogel is online now Find More Posts by pvogel
Old Feb 06, 2013, 01:21 PM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
Look carefully in some of the recent photos and you'll see a slightly different tray. Available in blue and black.

It doesn't have that step the faux carbon one has. I'm used to a tray where the wrist supports are same height as the TX.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 01:23 PM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
If you look at the photo above of the carbon line DC-16 you can see it is in a black tray. Different to the current faux carbon one.