HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 19, 2013, 01:26 PM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwy View Post
All Jeti receivers (and sensors for that matter) are user firmware upgradable. That's one of the advantages of Jeti.

It's not a question if it can be done, it's only a question if Esprit/Jeti wants to make this firmware available.
I am sure you know at least other company having receivers upgradable, with published firmwares, not secret, and one of the first offering PPM
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2013, 02:11 PM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatoa View Post
I am sure you know at least other company having receivers upgradable, with published firmwares, not secret, and one of the first offering PPM
Jeti have user upgradeable published firmware and I've been using PPM on it for the past three years.

It is just this new release of firmware for US receivers that is not public yet. Almost every manufacturer will hopefully test new firmware before it goes public, so I don't see anything different here.
wildpalms is offline Find More Posts by wildpalms
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:49 AM
Joined Mar 2008
132 Posts
My Jeti Mezon ESCs came with german manuals. My German is a bit rusty - are there English manuals available anywhere?
jotto is offline Find More Posts by jotto
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:17 PM
United States, OH, Cuyahoga Falls
Joined Apr 2006
223 Posts
I would like to be able to measure the level of fuel in my tank. Is there any plans from Jeti to come up with a sensor to measure the level of glow fuel like Hired does?

Thanks,

Le fou
le fou is offline Find More Posts by le fou
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:30 PM
Team JetiUSA
Santa Clara, CA
Joined Nov 2008
986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by le fou View Post
I would like to be able to measure the level of fuel in my tank. Is there any plans from Jeti to come up with a sensor to measure the level of glow fuel like Hired does?

Thanks,

Le fou
If you use a fuel pump there's a great document on the jetimodel.com website that documents using a current sensor to monitor fuel usage.
pvogel is online now Find More Posts by pvogel
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:50 PM
United States, OH, Cuyahoga Falls
Joined Apr 2006
223 Posts
I have seen it but I am using glow fuel engines so I am not using a fuel pump...

Le four
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvogel View Post
If you use a fuel pump there's a great document on the jetimodel.com website that documents using a current sensor to monitor fuel usage.
le fou is offline Find More Posts by le fou
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:27 AM
Airborne whenever I can.
Canada, AB, Edson
Joined Dec 2006
512 Posts
Quote:

Thanks,

Le fou
You can try this.
Sensor MUI as a fuel gauge, explanation at Jeti website under Product category:
Duplex 2.4Ghz >> Practical Exhibition.

Pat
PAT-T is offline Find More Posts by PAT-T
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:49 AM
Airborne whenever I can.
Canada, AB, Edson
Joined Dec 2006
512 Posts
This is the article.
PAT-T is offline Find More Posts by PAT-T
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:59 AM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
As already stated you don't have an electric pump on a glow engine to monitor.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:38 AM
Joined May 2010
1,598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotto View Post
My Jeti Mezon ESCs came with german manuals. My German is a bit rusty - are there English manuals available anywhere?
We are in process of translating manual to English, later this week we will have pdf. on our web site.

Zb/Esprit Model
Esprit Model is offline Find More Posts by Esprit Model
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:40 AM
Joined May 2010
1,598 Posts
Quote:

Thanks,

Le fou
Not really, calibration is problematic. I have tested Hitec sensors and they are not very accurate as well.

Zb/Esprit Model
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:14 AM
Joined May 2010
1,598 Posts
As of January 21, 2013 at 12:30PM EST the Federal Communication Commission and Industry Canada, Granted Equipment Authorization (FCC), and Certificate of Acceptance (IC) to Jeti USA (Esprit Model Inc.) for Duplex R18 and R14 2.4Ghz Receivers.

Esprit Model/Jeti USA Team

Site Sponsor
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:08 PM
Joined May 2008
204 Posts
Zb, another suggestion for the Jeti guys: Is it possible to disable the trim buttons? With an FBL controller on a heli you don't want to use any trim other than the subtrim needed during setup to center the channels. On my DX8 I was able to set the trim step to 0 to disable the trims to prevent accidentally bumping one and inducing some trim into the FBL controller. On the DC16 I can only reduce the trim step to 1% so I can't totally disable them.

Maybe there's another way to disable the trims that I haven't found yet, but if there currently isn't a way to disable the trims it would be nice in the next TX firmware update if there was a way to either set the trim steps to 0% or to have the option of disabling them completely.

Put the first 11 flights on my Goblin this weekend with the newly installed DC16 and R9... very impressed. The programming features are comprehensive (even though you barely scratch the surface of the TX programming capabilities with a FBL helicopter), the alarms/telemetry/timer voice callouts are great, and the gimbals are amazingly smooth when flying.

Looking forward to picking up a Mezon 130 ESC to simplify the wiring on my heli which I'm currently flying with a YGE 160HV, MUI200 sensor, and a Hercules G2 Mini BEC. For the near term I'm going to pair the Mezon 130 BEC with a Scorpion backup guard; since I'll have the Mezon BEC set to 6V and the Scorpion outputs 5V when active if I set the RX voltage telemetry alarm in the DC16 to <5.5V I'll immediately get a warning on the TX if the Mezon BEC has failed and the Scorpion backup guard has taken over. I'm interested to see what Jeti's backup module will be like.
Kiba is offline Find More Posts by Kiba
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:21 PM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiba View Post
Zb, another suggestion for the Jeti guys: Is it possible to disable the trim buttons? With an FBL controller on a heli you don't want to use any trim other than the subtrim needed during setup to center the channels. On my DX8 I was able to set the trim step to 0 to disable the trims to prevent accidentally bumping one and inducing some trim into the FBL controller. On the DC16 I can only reduce the trim step to 1% so I can't totally disable them.

Maybe there's another way to disable the trims that I haven't found yet, but if there currently isn't a way to disable the trims it would be nice in the next TX firmware update if there was a way to either set the trim steps to 0% or to have the option of disabling them completely.
Right next to where you changed the trim step are two numbers - & + rate. The trim step is the % of the trim rate that one button pushes produces. 1% and you can press the button 100 times for full trim. 10% and you can press it 10 times for full trim.

The two rate numbers control the actual range of the trim. Try setting them both to 0% and see what happens.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:43 PM
Joined May 2008
204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpalms View Post
Right next to where you changed the trim step are two numbers - & + rate. The trim step is the % of the trim rate that one button pushes produces. 1% and you can press the button 100 times for full trim. 10% and you can press it 10 times for full trim.

The two rate numbers control the actual range of the trim. Try setting them both to 0% and see what happens.
Good point. Thinking back to Friday when I was setting the TX up I did notice that even with the rate all the way down to 0% the trim buttons still work (and show they are moving on the trim window that pops up) but I didn't actually open the TX output monitor window to see if the actual output percentage on that channel changed.

I'll check that when I get home tonight.
Kiba is offline Find More Posts by Kiba