Old Dec 26, 2012, 03:54 PM
United States, OH, Cuyahoga Falls
Joined Apr 2006
224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManY View Post
SM-Modellbau

You can receive up to 12! parameters.
Any english version available? Can you tell me what paramaters you get?

Thanks,

Le fou
le fou is offline Find More Posts by le fou
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2012, 04:11 PM
pwy
Sydney, Australia
Joined Sep 2007
116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by le fou View Post
Any english version available? Can you tell me what paramaters you get?

Thanks,

Le fou
No english version available but this is what you get

You get in one single sensor:
  • Voltage (up to 60V)
  • Amps (up to 140A)
  • Power (Watts)
  • RPM (from brushless motors)
  • Battery Capacity used
  • Height (barometric pressure sensor)
  • Vario

All works perfectly with the Jeti TX and because it is only one sensor you do not need a telemetry expander either.

Outside the EU (without Vat) you get the UniSens-E for 55.38 EUR (approx. USD70), a real bargain!
pwy is offline Find More Posts by pwy
Old Dec 26, 2012, 04:16 PM
United States, CA, Vista
Joined Dec 2010
317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritan View Post
Nice looking Scarab - which servos are you using for the gimbal?
They were Hitec but I don't remember which ones, good quality digital. I have done a lot of experimenting with direct dirve camera gimbals and haven't found a servo that doesn't have some sort of issue, vibration or jitter.

On this Scarab I was testing vibration dampers on all motor mounts and the camera mount using a arrow shaft glued inside the 12mm boom with acquarium silicone. I gave the design to Quinton and he uses it on his camera gimbal with vibration dampening. I also designed the rotating boom he uses on his Triopter, Avatar and camera gimgal.

This is a video of another gimgal I made using medium sized Futaba brushless servos, these have been the smoothest of all the servos I have tried. My next project is to try one of the dedicated gimbal control boards that have come on the market recently.

Thanks, Ed

Gyro Stablized GoPro Quadcopter Camera Rig by Radiant Images (0 min 46 sec)
Edkirk is offline Find More Posts by Edkirk
Old Dec 26, 2012, 04:16 PM
One cell short of a Pack
Good ole Smithsburg, MD
Joined Mar 2007
1,910 Posts
Yeah, Been trying to order one-they don't have the US listed as a shipping address. I sent an email about having them send me an invoice via PayPal but haven't heard anything back yet...

Cheers,
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwy View Post
No english version available but this is what you get

• Voltage (up to 60V)
  • Amps (up to 140A)
  • Power (Watts)
  • Battery Capacity used
  • Vario

All works perfectly with the Jeti TX and because it is only one sensor you do not need a telemetry expander either.

Outside the EU (without Vat) you get the UniSens-E for 55.38 EUR (approx. USD70), a real bargain!
steve1814 is offline Find More Posts by steve1814
Old Dec 26, 2012, 04:40 PM
pwy
Sydney, Australia
Joined Sep 2007
116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1814 View Post
Yeah, Been trying to order one-they don't have the US listed as a shipping address. I sent an email about having them send me an invoice via PayPal but haven't heard anything back yet...

Cheers,
Steve
They are closed for Xmas break. Re-open on 6th.

My order (to Australia) required an email as well. Their online ordering system has it's limitations but this was resolved with an email within 24h.
Btw shipping to Australia was 10 Euro, that's at the very low end for shipping halfway around the globe!
Old Dec 26, 2012, 06:56 PM
Michael
United States, ME, Wells
Joined May 2008
1,188 Posts
Ordering For Delivery to the USA

I am still waiting for delivery, so I cannot confirm that this approach works.

When I sent an email about USA not being listed, they replied back that I should do two things: (1) select Schweitz (Switzerland) for the shipping "country" portion of the address (but, fill in all other parts of the address as intended) and (2) in the "note" field, simply plug-in "Ship to USA".

I did that and received an email confirming the order was received and also received a message indicating shipping to USA. I guess it has to go to Switzerland, then a slow boat (wait, isn't Switzerland land-locked?)... :-) The PayPal amount charged seemed correct.

If there is a problem, I'll let folks know, but so far it has gone smoothly and a couple of weeks is not unreasonable for a foreign product shipped by their postal service.

Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1814 View Post

Cheers,
Steve
Snowflake6515 is online now Find More Posts by Snowflake6515
Old Dec 26, 2012, 08:45 PM
pwy
Sydney, Australia
Joined Sep 2007
116 Posts
They ask you to select Switzerland because the shipping costs are the same as to US.

You can check the order status on their web site.

On the new page in the right column under the heading "Meine Bestellungen" (my orders) you should see all your orders listed.
Look at "Bestellstatus" (order state): "Offen" = open, "Versendet" = shipped.

There are no tracking numbers.

Hope that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake6515 View Post
I am still waiting for delivery, so I cannot confirm that this approach works.

When I sent an email about USA not being listed, they replied back that I should do two things: (1) select Schweitz (Switzerland) for the shipping "country" portion of the address (but, fill in all other parts of the address as intended) and (2) in the "note" field, simply plug-in "Ship to USA".

I did that and received an email confirming the order was received and also received a message indicating shipping to USA. I guess it has to go to Switzerland, then a slow boat (wait, isn't Switzerland land-locked?)... :-) The PayPal amount charged seemed correct.

If there is a problem, I'll let folks know, but so far it has gone smoothly and a couple of weeks is not unreasonable for a foreign product shipped by their postal service.

Michael
Old Dec 27, 2012, 02:17 AM
Russian Federation, Moscow, g. Moskva
Joined Sep 2009
47 Posts
Quote:
  • Voltage (up to 60V)
  • Amps (up to 140A)
  • Power (Watts)
  • Battery Capacity used
  • Vario
Add

Capacity
OldManY is offline Find More Posts by OldManY
Old Dec 27, 2012, 02:52 AM
Germany (Black Forest, Alps, Vosges)
Joined Dec 2009
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManY View Post
Add

Capacity
...forward or backward.

Greets Christian
christianka6cr is offline Find More Posts by christianka6cr
Old Dec 27, 2012, 03:25 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,581 Posts
Quote:
They ask you to select Switzerland because the shipping costs are the same as to US.

You can check the order status on their web site.

On the new page in the right column under the heading "Meine Bestellungen" (my orders) you should see all your orders listed.
Look at "Bestellstatus" (order state): "Offen" = open, "Versendet" = shipped.

There are no tracking numbers.

Hope that helps.
Schweiz probably so you dont have to pay VAT.
tritan is offline Find More Posts by tritan
Old Dec 27, 2012, 09:51 AM
Long Island Republic, New York, United States
Joined Dec 2003
150 Posts
I am looking at this radio to replace my EVO12 and Profi 4000, but i also fly indoor and use those radios with a Spectrum module to fly some of my planes that are indoor bind and fly types. I see that the radio outputs PPM would it be possible to use this output to power the Spectrum module and send the PPM9 signal to it?
steve51 is offline Find More Posts by steve51
Old Dec 27, 2012, 10:30 AM
New York
Joined Feb 2002
3,111 Posts
Steve51, I was hoping to do something similar as I have a big bunch of Weatronic RXs plus the Weatronic 2.4 TX module. A friend who's very familiar with RC electronics tells me the PPM power output of the DC-16 is lower than that required to power the Weatronic TX module. That may or may not be the case for Spectrum...something to check out with Horizon.

Steve
SteveR is offline Find More Posts by SteveR
Old Dec 27, 2012, 02:49 PM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
Usually 5v logic devices are quite happy with 3v logic levels. They won't be happy with the lower supply voltage though.

http://www.fast-lad.co.uk/store/3-30...1-p-19656.html

Simple step up voltage supply can take the DC-16 power and up it.

If the module does need 5v logic levels then there are no end of simple circuits to do the trick as very common.
wildpalms is offline Find More Posts by wildpalms
Old Dec 27, 2012, 02:50 PM
United States, CA, Vista
Joined Dec 2010
317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edkirk View Post
I build and fly multicopters, I use 8 channel PPM output from receivers like the FrSKY TFR4 (Hobbyking) which has been flawless, no problems at all. Which leaves me somewhat insecure about changing systems. I have some questions about the Jeti receivers;

Which receivers are capable of 8 channel PPM like the DJI Naza uses (and other control boards that are PPM cabable)?

Is it possible to use 8 channel PPM and standard servo outputs? Example, I use the 8 channel PPM for the Naza and need a couple standard servo outputs for a camera gimbal or camera control not part of the Naza controller. With My Futaba T8FG transmitter I can bind two of the FrSKY receivers and use one for 8 channel PPM and the other for servo control.

If there are instructions or information for the Jeti receivers I have not found them as of yet so my questions may be unwarrented, please point me in the right direction.

Thans, Ed
I found and have been reading the instructions.

It looks like an awesome radio and have it pre-ordered, just trying to decide which receiver/receivers to use.

Thanks, Ed
Edkirk is offline Find More Posts by Edkirk
Last edited by Edkirk; Dec 27, 2012 at 05:43 PM.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 03:06 PM
Long Island Republic, New York, United States
Joined Dec 2003
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpalms View Post
Usually 5v logic devices are quite happy with 3v logic levels. They won't be happy with the lower supply voltage though.

http://www.fast-lad.co.uk/store/3-30...1-p-19656.html

Simple step up voltage supply can take the DC-16 power and up it.

If the module does need 5v logic levels then there are no end of simple circuits to do the trick as very common.
Based on this any module that will work with a PPM9 output should be able to be hooked up and made to work it the DS16 if the PPM out can be set to PPM9. Now to find out if that can be set.
steve51 is offline Find More Posts by steve51