HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 19, 2012, 04:49 AM
One cell short of a Pack
Good ole Smithsburg, MD
Joined Mar 2007
1,905 Posts
Peter, thanks for the link. I should have specified that I was wondering if there was a printed booklet in English like the German one I received with the radio. I was hoping that the inclusive German one was a mistake and that I could get an English language booklet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstoehr1964 View Post
Hi Steve,

You'll find an English manual at: http://www.jetimodel.com/index.php?p...ds&category=73

Best regards
Peter
steve1814 is online now Find More Posts by steve1814
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 19, 2012, 04:57 AM
UK
Joined Nov 2002
1,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritan View Post
If all the switches are gonna be used for channels - where are the switches for Dual rate, trainer, throttle Hold etc ?
On my typical model the ailerons, flaps, elevators, rudder/nosewheel each use 2 channels so there goes 8 channels, afterburner rings taken from throttle means throttle uses 2 or 3 channels, so 10 or 11 channels just for the two sticks and one flap switch.

It’s not impossible but it would be a very strange model needing a large number of channels that required a dedicated switch for each individual channel.
HarryC is offline Find More Posts by HarryC
Last edited by HarryC; Dec 19, 2012 at 05:48 AM.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 05:26 AM
One cell short of a Pack
Good ole Smithsburg, MD
Joined Mar 2007
1,905 Posts
PC Software

I was also wondering if there will be PC Software written that would allow programming the DC-16 from the Computer. It would definitely speed up the process. I hand noted in one of the various threads on the transmitter that someone was working on it and even had some screenshots, but I haven't seen anything since.

Cheers,
Steve
steve1814 is online now Find More Posts by steve1814
Old Dec 19, 2012, 05:32 AM
Addicted
Stockholm, Sweden
Joined May 2010
189 Posts
Quote:
No, I didnt count the sticks of neither the DS16 or my XG8 so they are equal.

And this is a thumbs-on-sticks-Tx so no switches on the sticks ........

If all the switches are gonna be used for channels - where are the switches for Dual rate, trainer, throttle Hold etc ?

It seems that JETI has all forgotten about this but it cant be, I really dont hope so beacuse I have been waiting for this radio for more than a year now.

Parakos, have you preordered from HAB? I bought my XG8 from them and planned to buy the DS16 also, great guys.
Ahh, a fellow swede .

As stating this as a "thumbs-on-stick" tx is wrong, at least for me as I'm a "pincher" But you are perhaps talking about yourself as a "thumbs-on" flyer and stick switches won't be an option for you? I might have missed it but I would be very surprised if Jeti used different gimbals for the DS which would not support stick switches.

I assure you, the number of switches etc. on the DS will be plenty (as already a few has pointed out), and as I stated before more switches and there won't be much room left to hold it .

Yes I have preordered min also from HAB, great guys!

/Johan
Parakos is offline Find More Posts by Parakos
Last edited by Parakos; Dec 19, 2012 at 08:09 AM.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 07:59 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryC View Post
On my typical model the ailerons, flaps, elevators, rudder/nosewheel each use 2 channels so there goes 8 channels, afterburner rings taken from throttle means throttle uses 2 or 3 channels, so 10 or 11 channels just for the two sticks and one flap switch.

It’s not impossible but it would be a very strange model needing a large number of channels that required a dedicated switch for each individual channel.
Thanks Harry and Feffe,
well I have been faithful to JR for about 30 years now so I want to be absolutly sure if I change to JETI.

I do AP with multikopter (along with fixed wing & heli flying) and have some very special functions to control thats why I am asking. I use many mixes to be able to control all this in AP and I run out of channels thats why.

I will have to take a very close look into what the DS-16 offer and go from there.

Thanks,
tritan
tritan is offline Find More Posts by tritan
Old Dec 19, 2012, 08:03 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parakos View Post
Ahh, a fellow swede .

As stating this as a "thumbs-on-stick" tx is wrong, at least for me as I'm "pincher" But you are perhaps talking about yourself as a "thumbs-on" flyer and stick switches won't be an option for you? I might have missed it but I would be very surprised if Jeti used different gimbals for the DS which would not support stick switches.

I assure you, the number of switches etc. on the DS will be plenty (as already a few has pointed out), and as I stated before more switches and there won't be much room left to hold it .

Yes I have preordered min also from HAB, great guys!

/Johan
Hej Johan,
yes, I am a thumbs guy - have always been although I have tried the other way also as I have flown real aircraft, gliders, Piper & Cessnas, ultralights and some in the Airforce etc etc where you hold the stick like the "pinch" way but unfortunatly in R/C it felt too uncomfortable so I continued the "thumbs" way.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:07 AM
Sweden, Sundsvall
Joined Aug 2011
65 Posts
Quote:
I do AP with multikopter (along with fixed wing & heli flying) and have some very special functions to control thats why I am asking. I use many mixes to be able to control all this in AP and I run out of channels thats why.
Hej igen Tritan
With AP, I almost forgot that you have two additional "switches" on the DS16 compared to the DC, the built-in gyro! This seem very handy for pan/tilt among other things, the feature can be configured to act as either two proportional channels or switches.

Changing tranny brands after 30 years will take some getting used to, but do your homework and it will be fine!
FeffeSvl is offline Find More Posts by FeffeSvl
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:16 AM
New York
Joined Feb 2002
3,057 Posts
I second FeffeSvl's comment about changing brands. I flew my DC-16 for the first time last weekend after a zillion years with my P4000s. I was pretty much lost. Nothing was where I expected to find it. I know the transition is not going to be easy. My only consolation is that for guys who want the flexibility of open programming, this is the best there is, at least based on my first hand research with Futaba and Graupner. I also think Jeti will listen and add new features.
SteveR is offline Find More Posts by SteveR
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:43 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeffeSvl View Post
Hej igen Tritan
With AP, I almost forgot that you have two additional "switches" on the DS16 compared to the DC, the built-in gyro! This seem very handy for pan/tilt among other things, the feature can be configured to act as either two proportional channels or switches.

Changing tranny brands after 30 years will take some getting used to, but do your homework and it will be fine!
Hej!

That feature is exactly why I am so interested - first time I found out about it , I immediatly had exactly that idea, to control the gimbal.

Besides being loyal to JR, I had for about a year a Graupner MX-24 with the JETI system to practice on so I have a little knowledge how it works but it is of course not then same as being their very own Tx, from JETI.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:03 PM
Sweden, Sundsvall
Joined Aug 2011
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeffeSvl View Post
+1

I hooked my Mezon 130 up for the first time today and the telemetry is only visible in emulator screen on my DC16 with 1.06 FW and my Profibox. This is probably because there is no "profile" for the Mezon in the TX or PB yet, but it sure would be nice if an update was released soon ....

Is there a timetable for this?
Just to let everyone know, I received a FW update from Jeti for my Mezon 130 today and now the EX telemetry from the controller is received and displayed by the DC16 and the JetiBox Profi.

Problem solved!
FeffeSvl is offline Find More Posts by FeffeSvl
Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:41 PM
Supersonic Engineering
UK, Greater London, Uxbridge
Joined Mar 2001
3,108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1814 View Post
Peter, thanks for the link. I should have specified that I was wondering if there was a printed booklet in English like the German one I received with the radio. I was hoping that the inclusive German one was a mistake and that I could get an English language booklet.
There is an English printed manual now available - I received mine last week.
GordonTarling is online now Find More Posts by GordonTarling
Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:50 PM
Joined May 2010
1,640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1814 View Post
Yes we just received 100x pieces. If somebody needs one, please email us at support@espritmodel.com

We also received new Full Range/Telemetry R5L, R5i (Short Antenna) and R6L receivers.

Zb/Esprit Model
Esprit Model is offline Find More Posts by Esprit Model
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 19, 2012, 01:12 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model View Post
Yes we just received 100x pieces. If somebody needs one, please email us at support@espritmodel.com

We also received new Full Range/Telemetry R5L, R5i (Short Antenna) and R6L receivers.

Zb/Esprit Model

Thats customer service ....
I wish I could buy from Esprit without paying our 25% VAT .....
Old Dec 19, 2012, 01:40 PM
Joined Mar 2008
134 Posts
Any ETA on the Jeti Mezon ESCs?
jotto is offline Find More Posts by jotto
Old Dec 19, 2012, 01:46 PM
United States, IN, Westfield
Joined Sep 2007
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model View Post

Zb/Esprit Model
Isn't the R5L and R5i only available for sale outside the US as it awaits FCC approval? Or is this a Christmas surprise?

The R6L is available and approved for use in the US, correct?

Lou
lperagallo is offline Find More Posts by lperagallo