SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 16, 2012, 04:21 PM
United States, MA, Barre
Joined Jul 2010
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flymustangs View Post
Can the SD card be swapped out for a larger one?
I don't think it can be changed
brileavi is online now Find More Posts by brileavi
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2012, 04:51 PM
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Jun 2011
111 Posts
Quote:
I've been wondering the same thing...
roofus4 is offline Find More Posts by roofus4
Old Dec 16, 2012, 04:55 PM
United States, MA, Barre
Joined Jul 2010
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roofus4 View Post
I've been wondering the same thing...
I have not opened the DC-16 but from the pics looks like it is soldered to the board,
Old Dec 16, 2012, 05:13 PM
Joined May 2008
204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brileavi View Post
I have not opened the DC-16 but from the pics looks like it is soldered to the board,
The SD card on my DC-16 is a Micro SDHC card in a socket on the LH side of the RF deck and can be removed.

It's already 4GB, how big of an SD card do you really need in a TX?
Kiba is offline Find More Posts by Kiba
Old Dec 16, 2012, 05:33 PM
United States, MA, Barre
Joined Jul 2010
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiba View Post
The SD card on my DC-16 is a Micro SDHC card in a socket on the LH side of the RF deck and can be removed.

It's already 4GB, how big of an SD card do you really need in a TX?
Excellent news
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:32 AM
Joined Dec 2012
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotto View Post
The date for DS-16 on espritmodel is now "Late january"... sigh!
For the last couple of months every other dealer in the world as well as Jeti themselves has been stating early Feb as a delivery date for the DS 16. I wouldn't raise your hopes too high to be holding one in the month of January despite Esprit claims.

It is just Esprit Models who have claimed an earlier date. How they the they think they can have them before the manufacturer does I have no idea. The early Jan date, and now the late Jan date Esprit claims was just for getting some deposits in methinks. Understandable, though not really very professional.

And as always with Jeti, expect the delivery date to be an intended date and not a fixed in stone one.

Still, I am almost tempted to put down a deposit. It seems almost, but not quite, my ideal radio and the Esprit pre order price is a good deal.
DA 200 is offline Find More Posts by DA 200
Old Dec 17, 2012, 04:15 AM
Supersonic Engineering
UK, Greater London, Uxbridge
Joined Mar 2001
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Why would you want to? The system files use approx 15 mb and then each model approximately 15kb, so there's space on the card for more than just a few models!
GordonTarling is online now Find More Posts by GordonTarling
Old Dec 17, 2012, 04:32 AM
Germany (Black Forest, Alps, Vosges)
Joined Dec 2009
63 Posts
I came to the limits by a lot of music files. I changed to 8 GB, which is the maximum as Jeti said.

Greets Christian
christianka6cr is offline Find More Posts by christianka6cr
Old Dec 17, 2012, 07:57 AM
USN (retired)
Idaho
Joined Jul 2007
218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonTarling View Post
Why would you want to? The system files use approx 15 mb and then each model approximately 15kb, so there's space on the card for more than just a few models!
I think it would mostly be music files if I decide to go that route. I also saw the 8GB limit posted on the Jeti forums. It was attributed to Jeti, but no one could provide a source. I know at least one user on there said he was using a 16GB with no troubles.
flymustangs is online now Find More Posts by flymustangs
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:38 AM
Melbourne, FL
Joined Dec 2004
1,047 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DA 200 View Post
For the last couple of months every other dealer in the world as well as Jeti themselves has been stating early Feb as a delivery date for the DS 16. I wouldn't raise your hopes too high to be holding one in the month of January despite Esprit claims.

It is just Esprit Models who have claimed an earlier date. How they the they think they can have them before the manufacturer does I have no idea. The early Jan date, and now the late Jan date Esprit claims was just for getting some deposits in methinks. Understandable, though not really very professional.

And as always with Jeti, expect the delivery date to be an intended date and not a fixed in stone one.

Still, I am almost tempted to put down a deposit. It seems almost, but not quite, my ideal radio and the Esprit pre order price is a good deal.
We are working hard with Jeti to make the January date. We have daily calls with them and as of this morning they are planning for January. Our website will be updated if this changes but for now it is January

Danny
Esprit Model
Jeti USA
F1 Rocket is offline Find More Posts by F1 Rocket
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:34 AM
Czech Republic
Joined May 2010
78 Posts
In the current version there is a limit of 4GB. Please be careful if you use larger cards. This limitation will be removed in the upcoming version 1.07.
MafRaf is offline Find More Posts by MafRaf
Old Dec 17, 2012, 02:46 PM
Joined Jan 2009
178 Posts
Hi Martin,

thank´s for info

Regards

Test
Test is offline Find More Posts by Test
Old Dec 17, 2012, 07:02 PM
Oak Ridge, NC
Joined Jun 2006
1,432 Posts
Attached are some photos of the DS-16 that Danny had at the Orlando Heli Blowout. I much prefer this version over the tray, and you can tell a lot of thought has gone into it. For example, the switches above the gimbals are angled in such a way for a more natural sweeping motion of your finger instead of pulling it straight down. It has a great feel to it, and the programming options are mind boggling!

Note: From what I've been told, the production versions will not have the black antenna housing sticking out of the top of the case, all antennas will be internal.
CSpaced is offline Find More Posts by CSpaced
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 18, 2012, 01:38 AM
Joined Dec 2010
501 Posts
The switches and gimbals can turn to face any direction your hands prefer on both DC and DS radios. I prefer the less cluttered DC16.
Any news on the new PPM out firmware? Also any reason why if you setup a 2nd rx into clone mode you cannot revert it back without a Jeti box?
redridinghood is offline Find More Posts by redridinghood
Old Dec 18, 2012, 03:51 AM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redridinghood View Post
Also any reason why if you setup a 2nd rx into clone mode you cannot revert it back without a Jeti box?
When a receiver is in clone mode the link is not bidirectional. The transmitter will not receive data from the receiver and as a result doesn't even know it exists never mind program it.

The jetibox connects directly to the receiver using a cable. The transmitter jetibox emulation only uses the radio link.
wildpalms is offline Find More Posts by wildpalms