HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 15, 2012, 05:36 AM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
Esprit - When you say soon to be discontinued, do you mean by you in the US or by Jeti elsewhere in the world.

I know you are based in the US and are interested in US consumers but gets confusing as Jeti available the world over and this is a popular forum internationally.
wildpalms is offline Find More Posts by wildpalms
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 15, 2012, 08:51 AM
Joined Mar 2008
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy42 View Post
No plotting/graphing required (although that would be cool), but it would be useful to be able to retrieve the last known position of a downed aircraft.
That would be great! If it's not possible, it should just be a matter of implementing this in the TX software. It's not very convenient to bring a laptop every time you want to go flying.
jotto is online now Find More Posts by jotto
Old Dec 15, 2012, 09:59 AM
Lou
United States, VA, Waynesboro
Joined Dec 2005
5,633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonTarling View Post
The wire that you're calling a 'red wire' in that photo is actually standard 3 core servo type - it's permanently attached to that Rx because it won't work without it.
Thank you Gordon, looks like I won't be able to use this 5 channel receiver then. I do not need the satellite feature.
Lou is offline Find More Posts by Lou
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 15, 2012, 10:01 AM
Lou
Joined Dec 2005
5,633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpalms View Post
Esprit said some time ago that that receiver (RSat 2) won't be available in the US. You will get standard receivers that also have the option of a single PPM sum output for use in applications that need it.
That is what I thought also, put ZB previous post states that 5 channel is in FCC process and is full channel/satellite receiver.

I will call Esprit again to verify just what they are selling and when. If no 5 channel, non satellite 'full range' receiver is available, then I have no choice but to cancel order.

I wish I had more experience with this product line so as to better understand JETI offerings.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Lou; Dec 15, 2012 at 10:24 AM.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 10:24 AM
Supersonic Engineering
UK, Greater London, Uxbridge
Joined Mar 2001
3,129 Posts
There seems to be developing a certain degree of confusion over what's available where and what will work with what. This thread was started by Esprit, so I guess we non-US citizens should largely ignore what's written here. Perhaps we need two separate threads - one for the USA only and another for the rest of the World.
GordonTarling is offline Find More Posts by GordonTarling
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:05 PM
Lou
Joined Dec 2005
5,633 Posts
Gordon, true there are some differences but without you European members helping us here, we would be lost on many of the common items for this radio.

Please stay.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:29 PM
Joined May 2010
1,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotto View Post
That would be great! If it's not possible, it should just be a matter of implementing this in the TX software. It's not very convenient to bring a laptop every time you want to go flying.
Please you have to understand this is radio, not FPV plotting & tracking system.
You lose downlink you lose data without turning ON data logging.
There is still possibility of retrieving data at home, but you guys already carry tons of stuff and many of you have computer on hand. On other hand how often you lose model?
Esprit Model is online now Find More Posts by Esprit Model
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:37 PM
Joined May 2010
1,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obake View Post
I will call Esprit again to verify just what they are selling and when. If no 5 channel, non satellite 'full range' receiver is available, then I have no choice but to cancel order
Please stop confusing things, Jeti Duplex R5 (Not on the web yet) is full range receiver that can be used as Axillary (Satellite) receiver as well.

You can connect it to any receiver that has SAT port (R18/14/11/9/7) or use it as FULL RANGE 5-channel receiver.

Zb/Esprit Model

It will look similar to this one:
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:41 PM
Joined May 2010
1,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpalms View Post
Esprit - When you say soon to be discontinued, do you mean by you in the US or by Jeti elsewhere in the world.
This means same for any dealer who decided to discontinue any of the Jeti products. Problem is that Jeti shows products on they web site that are no longer in production or has been substituted by better products.

Zb/Esprit Model
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Esprit Model; Dec 15, 2012 at 06:14 PM.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 01:58 PM
Supersonic Engineering
UK, Greater London, Uxbridge
Joined Mar 2001
3,129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obake View Post
Gordon, true there are some differences but without you European members helping us here, we would be lost on many of the common items for this radio.

Please stay.
Well, thanks, it's nice to know that somebody cares.
I only suggested the two threads because people are getting confused between what Esprit are doing for their US market and what's applicable to the rest of us. I'm happy to stay and help where I can.
GordonTarling is offline Find More Posts by GordonTarling
Old Dec 15, 2012, 05:12 PM
Joined Mar 2008
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model View Post
Please you have to understand this is radio, not FPV plotting & tracking system.
You lose downlink you lose data without turning ON data logging.
There is still possibility of retrieving data at home, but you guys already carry tons of stuff and many of you have computer on hand. On other hand how often you lose model?
On the other hand, displaying the last known position is just a matter of retaining a 20-byte string in memory. Hence, turning the radio into an FPV tracking system is just a matter of adding a few lines of code to the firmware, so why not do it? I bet it's useful to more customers than the accelerometer.

Actually I lost an FPV quad in the woods a couple of years ago. Never found it again...
Old Dec 15, 2012, 06:10 PM
Joined Mar 2008
134 Posts
The date for DS-16 on espritmodel is now "Late january"... sigh!
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:25 AM
Lou
Joined Dec 2005
5,633 Posts
No longer matters ....
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Lou; Dec 16, 2012 at 11:02 AM.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:32 AM
Lou
Joined Dec 2005
5,633 Posts
no longer matters ....
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Lou; Dec 16, 2012 at 02:04 PM.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 03:29 PM
USN (retired)
Idaho
Joined Jul 2007
218 Posts
Can the SD card be swapped out for a larger one?
flymustangs is online now Find More Posts by flymustangs