HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 10, 2012, 05:49 AM
UK
Joined Nov 2002
1,652 Posts
On my Multiplex 4000 I have a couple of pushbuttons which I find very useful. Jeti seems only to have switches, one of which is spring loaded so it's sort of like a button. Can it take push buttons or do only specially shaped Jeti switch mounts fit?
Mpx 4000 has software called momentary switch which makes a pushbutton emulate a latching button, e.g. push once it stays ON, push again it stays OFF rather than hold button down for ON, will the Jeti allow that with the spring loaded switch?
I will probably prefer the DS16 shape to the DC16, shop websites at the moment show it is expected to cost over £380 more, can anyone tell me what it does for so much more price, or is the specification and the price just speculation at the moment?
ta
Harry
HarryC is offline Find More Posts by HarryC
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2012, 05:58 AM
Germany (Black Forest, Alps, Vosges)
Joined Dec 2009
60 Posts
Hello Harry

You can use the stickbutton as a pushbutton or as a switch. It´s easy to switch in the software.

Greets Christian
christianka6cr is offline Find More Posts by christianka6cr
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:39 AM
RC Bum 4 Hire
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined May 2004
1,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryC View Post
On my Multiplex 4000 I have a couple of pushbuttons which I find very useful. Jeti seems only to have switches, one of which is spring loaded so it's sort of like a button. Can it take push buttons or do only specially shaped Jeti switch mounts fit?
Mpx 4000 has software called momentary switch which makes a pushbutton emulate a latching button, e.g. push once it stays ON, push again it stays OFF rather than hold button down for ON, will the Jeti allow that with the spring loaded switch?
I will probably prefer the DS16 shape to the DC16, shop websites at the moment show it is expected to cost over £380 more, can anyone tell me what it does for so much more price, or is the specification and the price just speculation at the moment?
ta
Harry
Hey Harry, If you look back a couple pages this topic was discussed a little, The DS radio has a built in accelerometer and gyro that the DC doesnt, which means you can do this with a DS:

DS-16 with quadrocopter (0 min 36 sec)

Chris
ChrisBowker is offline Find More Posts by ChrisBowker
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Gen2 Bowker CF hardware
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:13 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,472 Posts
Nice,
now I can move the multi with the sticks and gimbal by moving Tx ....

Perfect, won't need a 2nd guy.
tritan is offline Find More Posts by tritan
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:50 AM
UK
Joined Nov 2002
1,652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBowker View Post
Hey Harry, If you look back a couple pages this topic was discussed a little, The DS radio has a built in accelerometer and gyro that the DC doesnt, which means you can do this with a DS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1riLE...feature=relmfu

Chris
Thanks, I hope they get around to making a cheaper version without those.
HarryC is offline Find More Posts by HarryC
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:39 PM
Joined May 2010
1,628 Posts
This information is 30 minutes old.

As of 1:30PM of EST the Jeti Duplex R11, R9, R7, R6 and R6i receivers are FCC and IC Canada Authorized. After spending hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars we finally can say that we are in the Jeti business.

All receivers will be shipped in next two days by USPS Priority Mail, you might expect them soon. As I mentioned we are planning on contacting all people with different choices and have them swap receivers for FCC approved ones.

At this time there is no switchable PPM Out software yet, if you are interested in update please contact us next week for more information.

Zb/Esprit Model

Esprit Model is offline Find More Posts by Esprit Model
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 10, 2012, 04:25 PM
Joined Dec 2012
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryC View Post
ta
Harry
I know Puffin are still listing the DC 16s for £800, but almost all the euro dealers have hiked the price at least 150 euros since the first run of stock sold.

So by the time the DS 16s ship in Feb (Esprit seems to be the only dealer anywhere claiming an earlier delivery date) the DS will be just £200 more.

Still a steep increase over the DC16 for just a small difference.
DA 200 is offline Find More Posts by DA 200
Old Dec 10, 2012, 06:58 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2004
433 Posts
That is a lot of money for a $1 accelerometer chip.
Glad I'm not buying that one.
drice is offline Find More Posts by drice
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:19 AM
Joined May 2008
204 Posts
My DC-16 arrived today. Hopefully the PPM receiver firmware comes out shortly-- I'd love to have my R9s by this weekend so I can install them and fly! If the receivers came with the TX I'd probably take tomorrow off work so I could set up one of my helis and go flying.

First impressions:

The DC is larger than I thought but with the tray and Jeti 4-point harness it's extremely comfortable-- with the harness you don't even notice the weight. I'm very glad I changed my order from a neckstrap to the harness, the TX has enough heft that it would take a toll on the neck after a while. It takes a couple more seconds to slip the harness on and "clip in" but it's far more comfortable than a neckstrap.

The optional tray has two tabs that pinch and hold the TX so it doesn't slide around or fall out. I may still add a couple velcro patches on the bottom "just in case" to further secure the TX to the tray. Also, if you do buy the optional tray it comes with the folding brackets so you don't need to buy a set of those separately.

Build quality and feel is fantastic, the gimbals are the smoothest I've ever felt and they have a very wide range of adjustability. Being able to rotate the gimbals is a nice touch, after trying it I found a very slight rotation seems to feel more natural for how I hold my arms/wrists/hands. I'll fine tune the gimbal rotations more after flying to see if I give unintended inputs.

Display is large and easy to read.

The speaker is loud enough that you should be able to hear alerts & beeps even at a noisy field. Some of my previous radios had feeble beepers that were easily missed if there was too much background noise. Assigning sounds to system events and alerts is easy as is adding custom sounds.

Switch layout is very good, I can reach almost all of them without having to move my hands from their resting spots on the tray. Switches SA and SJ which are the furthest from the gimbals in the upper corners of the TX are rotated slightly so the pull is in the natural direction of an outstretched finger.

The menu layouts are clear and intuitive. Without having receivers in-hand I haven't programmed any models yet but it looks like it will be an easy task. Plenty of programming options, mixes, and logical switches/conditions available.

Adding a the optional 3-position switch in the left stick and a momentary pushbutton switch in the right stick was quick & easy. You can set up the momentary pushbutton in the software to function as a momentary on/off switch or a "latching" switch that is push on, push again for off. While I had the back off to solder the switches in it was very obvious Jeti put a lot of though into the board layout; compared to other transmitters that I've had apart there are a minimum of jumper harnesses and the harnesses that are present have very short runs and have plenty of wire supports / organizers. Also, the rotary switch (which will probably take the brunt of the wear & tear in programming) isn't directly soldered to a board but is mounted on standoffs with interconnects. If the rotary selector were to ever wear out it could be easily replaced by the end user with only a couple of screws.

And now for suggestions:

Jeti should include the special socket or spanner for loosening and tightening the switch nuts if you choose to move the switches around. This saves from having to make your own tool or worse yet using the wrong tool for the job and damaging the nuts or slipping and scratching the face of the TX.

When the language is set to English, in several menus it says "Kanal" instead of "Channel"

That's it for now, I'm sure there will be plenty more to fiddle with once I have the receivers.
Kiba is offline Find More Posts by Kiba
Last edited by Kiba; Dec 11, 2012 at 02:40 AM.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:38 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Feb 2002
1,044 Posts
Excellent review Kiba !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiba View Post
...And now for suggestions:

Jeti should include the special socket or spanner for loosening and tightening the switch nuts if you choose to move the switches around. This saves from having to make your own tool or worse yet using the wrong tool for the job and damaging the nuts or slipping and scratching the face of the TX.
These are available - I had a feeling they were meant to be included in the tx set, but I guess I'm wrong.

DUPLEX 2,4EX Switch Nutspanner for Transmitter DC-16

http://www.hacker-motor-shop.com/e-v...&c=6135&p=6135
Geoff_S is offline Find More Posts by Geoff_S
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:55 AM
Joined May 2008
204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_S View Post
These are available - I had a feeling they were meant to be included in the tx set, but I guess I'm wrong.

http://www.hacker-motor-shop.com/e-v...&c=6135&p=6135
I had a hunch Jeti had such a spanner available and assumed one would be included with the TX. I just went downstairs and double-checked all the packaging and bags and didn't find one. Given how well thought out the rest of the TX is and how the movable switches are a key feature is I'm very surprised the switch spanner wasn't included. Perhaps it's an oversight for this initial US-market batch.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 02:01 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Feb 2002
1,044 Posts
It's not stored inside the actual tx housing by any chance ???
Geoff_S is offline Find More Posts by Geoff_S
Old Dec 11, 2012, 02:24 AM
Joined May 2008
204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_S View Post
It's not stored inside the actual tx housing by any chance ???
Didn't see one-- I've already been inside to install & solder the optional 3 position switch stick and momentary button stick.

Given that the movable switches are a standard feature the spanner wrench should be included with the TX so you can do the job properly. (Hint, hint!)
Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:10 AM
Addicted
Stockholm, Sweden
Joined May 2010
189 Posts
@Kiba: Thanks for the review!

I have a DS-16 on order and can't wait! My LHS says sometime in februari, hopefully it will arrive earlier...

Only downside of the Duplex system is the quite expensive receivers, I thought the MPX receivers were expensive
Parakos is offline Find More Posts by Parakos
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:58 AM
Joined May 2010
1,628 Posts
Final production version of the DS-16.

Looks like we have settled all the details. Final version of the Jeti Duplex DS-16 is even better than expected. For better reception we have decided to go with two RF modules and three antennas. One of the modules has 2x antennas, this way all broadcasting angles are covered. The LCD case is made of smooth black plastic. You can expect video very soon.

Zb/Esprit Model
Esprit Model is offline Find More Posts by Esprit Model
Site Sponsor