HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 07, 2012, 05:43 AM
Switzerland
Joined Sep 2007
21 Posts
Hi Zb/Esprit Model ,

please can you post here the software to make an "Out House" upgrade of a R9 to make it capable for PPM-Out?
Thanks in advance!
Ruedi
ruedil is offline Find More Posts by ruedil
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2012, 06:00 AM
United Kingdom, England, Lancs
Joined Apr 2005
563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model View Post
We sell our ProfiBox without the receiver. No need to spend more money.

The US version of the profibox is also FCC certified. We disabled the RF module, no need to act as RF module for the radio, this configuration is obsolete.

Zb/Esprit Model
The ProfiBox with RF capability is NOT obsolete. It can be used to upgrade a Tx using the PPM out. Attach it to the top your Tx and you can use Jeti system with telemetry. A cheaper way to go without buying a Jeti Tx (or a stop gap until you are ready to buy one).

I appreciate that the FCC process is complicated (and / or expensive). You are selling a crippled jetibox with no RF? What a waste of money for US customers. Buy from electricwingman or Puffin Models (UK) and you get the working Jetibox Profi and an Rsat Rx with it too!

Anybody who wants to upgrade their existing Tx would need to buy the plug that clips into the bottom of the Jetibox profi. This has three trailing wires, +V, -V, PPM to wire into your Tx. It is not supplied with the Jetibox and has to be ordered separately.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ght=jetibox+9c
VinceHaworth is offline Find More Posts by VinceHaworth
Last edited by VinceHaworth; Dec 07, 2012 at 06:06 AM.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 07:25 AM
Supersonic Engineering
UK, Greater London, Uxbridge
Joined Mar 2001
3,103 Posts
+1 for what Vince just said - a Profibox without the RF module seems a waste of money to me - what a strange decision to make.
GordonTarling is offline Find More Posts by GordonTarling
Old Dec 07, 2012, 09:48 AM
RC Bum 4 Hire
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined May 2004
1,143 Posts
Any news about the RX's shipping this week?
ChrisBowker is offline Find More Posts by ChrisBowker
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Painted Bowker Yak 55 for sale
Old Dec 07, 2012, 10:20 AM
Joined May 2010
1,615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAT-T View Post
Main reason I ordered the Profibox + Rsat2, was to program the sensors, AND have the ability to use the telemetry with other radio equipment also.
Any suggestions for another solution?

Regards,

PAT
You are Ok, we will substitute Rsat2 with new R5 when available.

Zb/Esprit Model
Esprit Model is offline Find More Posts by Esprit Model
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 07, 2012, 10:45 AM
Joined May 2010
1,615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonTarling View Post
+1 for what Vince just said - a Profibox without the RF module seems a waste of money to me - what a strange decision to make.
That might be true, but sales number just does NOT support it. There has been clear movement for years to move from Modules to native Radios (Built in Module). But we will appreciate your support, you are welcome to start donation for FCC payment.

It might be strange for you, but you have to understand you are in CE country, the Jeti modules has been on your market for years. We never had any of the Jeti 2.4GHz in US.

What a Strong words “Waste of Money” the ProfiBox with radio is good for parallel telemetry, you do NOT need the RF module for receiving and storing data.

Zb/Esprit Model

My new toys:
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Esprit Model; Dec 07, 2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 10:54 AM
Joined May 2010
1,615 Posts
Our new add for RC Sport Flyer 12/2012

Site Sponsor
Last edited by Esprit Model; Dec 07, 2012 at 11:01 AM.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:32 AM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,262 Posts
Hey, looking forward to this ultimate transmitter!

Paid for my order over a month ago, to be shipped to Canada. Was the shipment delayed during the FCC proceedings?
BCSaltchucker is online now Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:46 AM
United Kingdom, England, Lancs
Joined Apr 2005
563 Posts
And ... another good reason to have an RF enabled Jetibox - you can configure the Rx and any attached sensors wirelessly. It is a great feature, very handy tool to have. No need to open up your model and then attach lead between Rx and jetibox.
It the future, modern electronics!

There are lots of people out there with non Jeti Txs, a jetibox with RF makes it an economical upgrade path.
VinceHaworth is offline Find More Posts by VinceHaworth
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:04 PM
Joined May 2010
1,615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceHaworth View Post
And ... another good reason to have an RF enabled Jetibox - you can configure the Rx and any attached sensors wirelessly. It is a great feature, very handy tool to have. No need to open up your model and then attach lead between Rx and jetibox.
You do it much faster with Jeti DC/DS Radio, it will emulate ProfiBox. Also all Mezon ESCs are wirelessly programmable.

Zb
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:12 PM
Joined May 2010
1,615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker View Post
Hey, looking forward to this ultimate transmitter!

Paid for my order over a month ago, to be shipped to Canada. Was the shipment delayed during the FCC proceedings?
Ok, let’s make it clear. DC-16 radio is FCC and IC certified. But FCC (US) and IC (Canada) are 2 different things. With FCC we can ship before certification is published on they website.

With Canada IC we CANNOT, I had to sign “Memorandum of Understanding” Section 6.5.1 “Certified equipment shall not be distributed, leased……………. before the details of the certification have been added to the REL”

We have been asking them daily why the holdup.

Zb/Esprit Model
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 07, 2012, 01:02 PM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,262 Posts
OK, as long as it is pending and will come within a month or two. cheers
BCSaltchucker is online now Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
Old Dec 07, 2012, 05:44 PM
Airborne whenever I can.
Canada, AB, Edson
Joined Dec 2006
536 Posts
Quote:
Our new add for RC Sport Flyer 12/2012

Looks great to me, by the way, all your efforts are very much appreciated.
More people should be aware of that.

Thank you 1000+times

Regards,

PAT
PAT-T is online now Find More Posts by PAT-T
Old Dec 07, 2012, 10:51 PM
"Fly"Fisherman
Guntersville, AL
Joined Jun 2004
695 Posts
Nice toys, ZB.
Is that a LET ASH 31 on the right?

Quote:
That might be true, but sales number just does NOT support it. There has been clear movement for years to move from Modules to native Radios (Built in Module). But we will appreciate your support, you are welcome to start donation for FCC payment.

It might be strange for you, but you have to understand you are in CE country, the Jeti modules has been on your market for years. We never had any of the Jeti 2.4GHz in US.

What a Strong words “Waste of Money” the ProfiBox with radio is good for parallel telemetry, you do NOT need the RF module for receiving and storing data.

Zb/Esprit Model

My new toys:
Asher Carmichael is offline Find More Posts by Asher Carmichael
Old Dec 08, 2012, 01:15 AM
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Jun 2011
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAT-T View Post
Looks great to me, by the way, all your efforts are very much appreciated.
More people should be aware of that.

Thank you 1000+times

Regards,

PAT
Yes, thanks from me as well. Seems like a lot of hoops to jump through. I hope it pays off for you guys. Maybe even change the US transmitter landscape.
roofus4 is offline Find More Posts by roofus4