HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 01, 2012, 08:24 AM
Registered User
United States, IN, Westfield
Joined Sep 2007
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model View Post
This information is 30 minutes old.
There might not be anything on FCC web site yet.


As of 5:30PM of EST the Jeti Duplex DC-16 radio is FCC and IC Canada Authorized. After spending hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars we finally can say that we are in the Jeti business.

As we promised, all orders will be processed and shipped early next week.

Zb/Esprit Model

http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-cz.aspx



http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-dupl...telemetry.aspx
My company, www.circlecityhelis.com is working closely with Esprit supporting the helicopter market. Please visit the site for ordering information. Feel free to contact me via PM or the contact page of the site if you have questions or just want information.

Lou
lperagallo is offline Find More Posts by lperagallo
Last edited by lperagallo; Dec 03, 2012 at 01:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2012, 12:56 PM
Registered User
uwe neesen's Avatar
Germany, BY
Joined Jan 2005
38 Posts
Today i switched on my DC-16 and the snow is falling in the display! Realy, no joke

uwe neesen is offline Find More Posts by uwe neesen
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2012, 01:22 PM
Registered User
New York
Joined Feb 2002
2,965 Posts
Uwe...that's the undocumented local weather forecasting feature!
SteveR is offline Find More Posts by SteveR
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2012, 02:19 PM
Registered User
uwe neesen's Avatar
Germany, BY
Joined Jan 2005
38 Posts


send from my dc-16 via tapatalk
uwe neesen is offline Find More Posts by uwe neesen
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2012, 07:08 PM
Registered User
United States, CO, Delta
Joined Oct 2005
495 Posts
uwe,steve!! You guy's are Funny/Komish!! Paul
paul dufek is offline Find More Posts by paul dufek
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2012, 09:08 PM
Registered User
Joined May 2004
530 Posts
Does Jeti have any history with transmitters? The DC-16 is something that I am definitely interested in, but I'm not an early adopter. Those of you that are buying now, are you basing your decision on the quality of other Jeti products? If not, what gives you the warm and fuzzy about buying the first transmitter that Jeti has ever made?
Sit-N-Fly is offline Find More Posts by Sit-N-Fly
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2012, 09:30 PM
Registered User
New York
Joined Feb 2002
2,965 Posts
Jeti has significant history in Europe with 2.4 conversions (TX modules and receivers).

I had an opportunity to spend a fair amount of time evaluating the DC-16 transmitter software as I was transitioning from the Profi 4000 to a contemporary 2.4 system. In many respects the DC-16 is a modern version of the 4000: true open programming, the ability to name every servo input, any RX port can be used for any servo function, elegantly simple and powerful programming with next to nothing pre-determined by a guy you never met, the ability to adjust mixes in flight and state of the art features like Hall effect modules replacing traditional TX pots.

I bought the Futaba 18-MZ and really tried to like it, same with the Graupner MC-32. Neither comes close to the DC-16.

If programming is not an issue or if you are comfortable going along with lots of pre-programmed mixes, etc., just about any radio will do the job. But if you enjoy the benefits of true open programming and the other features the DC-16 offers, it's a tough act to follwo.

My 2 cents,

Steve
SteveR is offline Find More Posts by SteveR
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 02, 2012, 12:21 AM
Airborne whenever I can.
PAT-T's Avatar
Canada, AB, Edson
Joined Dec 2006
493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model View Post
This information is 30 minutes old.
There might not be anything on FCC web site yet.


As of 5:30PM of EST the Jeti Duplex DC-16 radio is FCC and IC Canada Authorized. After spending hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars we finally can say that we are in the Jeti business.

As we promised, all orders will be processed and shipped early next week.

Zb/Esprit Model

http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-cz.aspx



http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-dupl...telemetry.aspx
Great news. CONGRATULATIONS.

Thanks for getting Jeti available on this continent.

PAT
PAT-T is offline Find More Posts by PAT-T
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:32 AM
Registered User
Joined May 2004
530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
Jeti has significant history in Europe with 2.4 conversions (TX modules and receivers).

I had an opportunity to spend a fair amount of time evaluating the DC-16 transmitter software as I was transitioning from the Profi 4000 to a contemporary 2.4 system. In many respects the DC-16 is a modern version of the 4000: true open programming, the ability to name every servo input, any RX port can be used for any servo function, elegantly simple and powerful programming with next to nothing pre-determined by a guy you never met, the ability to adjust mixes in flight and state of the art features like Hall effect modules replacing traditional TX pots.

I bought the Futaba 18-MZ and really tried to like it, same with the Graupner MC-32. Neither comes close to the DC-16.

If programming is not an issue or if you are comfortable going along with lots of pre-programmed mixes, etc., just about any radio will do the job. But if you enjoy the benefits of true open programming and the other features the DC-16 offers, it's a tough act to follwo.

My 2 cents,

Steve
I appreciate your 2 cents. I had a 3030 back in the day and very much agree with you about the benefits of the open programming. Once you got used to it, it just made more sense than any of the Asian radios. The problem with Multiplex is that it was a boutique radio in the states to start with. I had some problems with mine and had to send it to the only guy that serviced them in the US. He was great to work with but I always worried about him getting hit by a bus. Then Hitec took over and basically abandoned the Profi line. At least with the major brands, you have a few independent shops to back up the importers. Jeti may be the same type of situation. I hope Esprit can provide adequate support. That being said, I'm going to wait and see what the early adopters say and maybe look at one next year.
Sit-N-Fly is offline Find More Posts by Sit-N-Fly
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 02, 2012, 02:19 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2009
175 Posts
Hallo,

nice video; showing the quality again

Production sticks for DC-16 (0 min 53 sec)




regards

Test
Test is offline Find More Posts by Test
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 02, 2012, 03:23 PM
Registered User
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Jun 2011
78 Posts
So does the DS-16 have to go through the same FCC certification? Is it going to take months to approve, or is January a realistic time frame?
roofus4 is offline Find More Posts by roofus4
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 02, 2012, 07:25 PM
Registered User
Joined May 2010
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roofus4 View Post
So does the DS-16 have to go through the same FCC certification? Is it going to take months to approve, or is January a realistic time frame?
The DS-16 must go through same FCC certification, but it will be much less complicated, DS is like a clone of DC. Software and Hardware are settled, as well as all protocols. All is prepared, we are expecting to be done before Christmas.

Zb/Esprit Model
Esprit Model is offline Find More Posts by Esprit Model
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 02, 2012, 10:51 PM
Registered User
Boston, MA
Joined Jul 2004
44 Posts
Great news, are the receivers approved as well or are you still waiting on those?
macchi is offline Find More Posts by macchi
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 03, 2012, 03:44 AM
Registered User
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,014 Posts
Indeed... in the past attempt the receivers were those who failed, not transmitter...
Telemetry return stream spitting in bands around,
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 03, 2012, 05:45 PM
Registered User
Joined May 2004
530 Posts
The manual says that the battery is a Li-Ion 3.6V. Only one cell? Is the output power less for the Euro market?
Sit-N-Fly is offline Find More Posts by Sit-N-Fly
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Jeti 2.4GHZ system with telemetry, easy-to-use sensors, and audio alarm! Julez Radios 1836 Mar 09, 2014 07:51 PM
Help! Can I run a 2.4GHz Radio and a 2.4GHz FPV system? MaNDoWn FPV Talk 14 Feb 08, 2014 12:47 PM
Discussion Jeti Duplex DC-16 Radio & Profi Wireless Downlink. Monitor/Record A/V/mAh/Speed real Esprit Model Radios 16 Jun 16, 2012 08:11 AM
Help! Jeti Duplex / updating firmware to EX VinceHaworth Radios 1 Feb 07, 2012 05:04 AM
Question Official Jeti DUPLEX 2.4 Range? Jose E Bruzual Hobby Express (Formerly Hobby Lobby) 3 Jun 01, 2009 11:58 AM