Old Aug 21, 2013, 11:37 PM
Team JetiUSA
Santa Clara, CA
Joined Nov 2008
1,017 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davemilw07 View Post
Zb,

All of us are 'chomping at the bit' right now...............
'CHAMPING at the bit' but yeah, I resemble that remark!!

Peter+
pvogel is offline Find More Posts by pvogel
Old Aug 22, 2013, 01:42 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Oct 2004
261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola. View Post
I dont get it.

If i make 2 mixes like you wrote back in this thread, where the curve is set flat on opposite sides in the two mixes, then the master % on the mix adjusts downward aileron travel (at both rudder directions), and the other mix adjusts upward aileron travel (at both rudder directions).

Or is it me that has sniffed to much CA tonight repairing balsa wings, putting in wrong settings?

Both s1 and s2 is set at 100%, mix 1 is left side curve flat (1-1 curve), mix 2 curve is set flat on right side. All other settings not touched. Where am i going wrong?

Sorry, I answered this on the other forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpalms
I sat down and tried the asymmetric rudder aileron mix this morning.

I get it working if I construct two mixers. One controlling S1 and one controlling S2. The flattened curve for one of them will be left of centre and the other right of centre. Otherwise they are identical.

This solution is very similar to the mixer architecture of the Multiplex 4000 etc which has long been the bench mark for functionality especially in the area of mixing.
End of Quote

The plot thickens. I swear I had it working using the method described by wildpalms on a test model setup this morning. When I went to put in my real model I couldn't make it work. I checked and checked between the test model and the real model and could not see a difference in the programming but the results were not the same.
I finally started to think about it. The first mixer was controlling S1 properly so I concentrated on the second mixer. I reasoned that I wanted it to work just like mixer 1, that is moving S2 (instead of S1) with left rudder and no movement with right rudder. So I figured I wanted the right side of the curve to be flat in both mixers and the left side to be sloped in opposite directions. It works.
I'm not going to say this is the end of this thread as it is not a great way to do this. If you want to change the amount of the mix and have symmetrical throw, you have to adjust both mixers the right amount.
I don't know how the Multiplex mixers worked but the Futaba mixers were very straightforward. Jeti should take a look at them.

Jim O
JOddino is offline Find More Posts by JOddino
Old Aug 22, 2013, 05:02 AM
Grow old disgracefully!
Luton, UK
Joined May 2006
1,212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downwind3Zero View Post
I knew someone was going to ask that! Answer: you need handrests for the DC-16 just as much as for the DS-16 .........
I don't use handrests with my DC16 - works just fine.
But the are enough options for everyone to do what they are comfortable with.

Dick
dickw is offline Find More Posts by dickw
Last edited by dickw; Aug 22, 2013 at 07:47 AM.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 07:21 AM
Joined Jul 2007
2,086 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvogel View Post
'CHAMPING at the bit' but yeah, I resemble that remark!!

Peter+
http://grammarist.com/usage/champing...ng-at-the-bit/
davemilw07 is offline Find More Posts by davemilw07
Old Aug 22, 2013, 08:27 AM
ltc
AMA 97737
United States, MA, Mendon
Joined Mar 2010
2,656 Posts
Centralbox preorder is in process, only 22 pre-order slots left as of this morning

http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-cent...ic-switch.aspx
ltc is online now Find More Posts by ltc
Old Aug 22, 2013, 08:30 AM
ltc
AMA 97737
United States, MA, Mendon
Joined Mar 2010
2,656 Posts
Interesting new addition to the Jeti lineup...battery/ESC capacitors.
Nice mechanical design.

http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-high...-63v-300a.aspx
ltc is online now Find More Posts by ltc
Old Aug 22, 2013, 08:51 AM
Little Rock, AR
Joined Apr 2004
864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickw View Post
I don't use handrests with my DC16 - works just fine.
But the are enough options for everyone to do what they are comfortable with.

Dick
What's with the shield? Drooling problem?
Sillyness is offline Find More Posts by Sillyness
Old Aug 22, 2013, 09:22 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1,086 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltc View Post
Centralbox preorder is in process, only 22 pre-order slots left as of this morning

I hate when they do that. Is there a possibility to combine the pre-order with more stuff at the time it arrives? I am sure the R3 is right around the corner too.
Puttputtmaru is online now Find More Posts by Puttputtmaru
Old Aug 22, 2013, 09:37 AM
Grow old disgracefully!
Luton, UK
Joined May 2006
1,212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyness View Post
What's with the shield? Drooling problem?

It was when I first got the DC16, but now I use it for flying in rain.

Dick
dickw is offline Find More Posts by dickw
Old Aug 22, 2013, 04:00 PM
Joined Feb 2004
543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltc View Post

I hope they are getting plenty of Rsat's with that shipment.
Wetafly is offline Find More Posts by Wetafly
Old Aug 22, 2013, 04:17 PM
Joined Feb 2011
235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputtmaru View Post
I hate when they do that. Is there a possibility to combine the pre-order with more stuff at the time it arrives? I am sure the R3 is right around the corner too.
They will contact us for more money when the cb200 arrives, so we most likely will be able to add whatever we want

Ive paid the $50 preorder amount, but im not sure if i got any discount or benefit of any way by preordering. I just wanted to be sure to get som of the first ones, so i can get my 104" in the air with the jeti as soon as possible
Ola. is offline Find More Posts by Ola.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 11:23 PM
Joined Feb 2012
317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model View Post
In next few weeks, Jeti has decided to include more new features. We will be able to display Signal strength, Lock system/models against accidental changes, New Helicopter Wizard, Wireless RC Switch….

Zb/Esprit Model
Can you elaborate on the 'display signal strength' comment? The radio already shows antenna strength. What else is this referring to?
Seasick78 is offline Find More Posts by Seasick78
Old Aug 23, 2013, 12:19 AM
Melbourne, FL
Joined Dec 2004
1,044 Posts
Jeti are working on a different method of displaying the signal strength that is easier for the user to interpret. Nothing set in stone yet and it may very well end up looking very similar to what is currently displayed.

Danny
F1 Rocket is offline Find More Posts by F1 Rocket
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 23, 2013, 03:57 AM
Hampshire, U.K.
Joined Jun 2008
1,923 Posts
Danny, is the auto switch detect bug in the DS16 fixed in the coming release? I have been having problems with spurious 'the control layout has changed' messages, sometimes resulting in the switches and sticks on the left side of the Tx becoming inoperative. Going through and manually setting all the switches to the appropriate type seems to clear it for a while so I think a configuration file of some sort is getting corrupted and am hoping this is all part of the same bug that prevents the DS-16 from automatically detecting when the switches have really been changed.

Trevor
Trevorh is online now Find More Posts by Trevorh