Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 27, 2012, 06:07 PM
Joined Mar 2009
349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryC View Post
Back to my question, does it record received data quality, what type of data and if so can it be overlaid/laid alongside GPS data for review later? Does the DC16 have data recording built into it?
Harry,

Download the programming guide and it will answer all your questions except the features yet to be released.
FliteMetal is offline Find More Posts by FliteMetal
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2012, 06:54 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Feb 2002
982 Posts
I don't think the manual is quite as definitive as you'd like, but it is a good starting point...

Page 57 of the current english manual PDF file (under the heading "Telemetry Recording") indicates that logging telemetry data to the internal SD card is a feature and can be turned on or off with a switch.

Page 71 indicate that information about the signal strength of each antenna can be displayed on the LCD screen. It is not clear, but I think this refers to the signal at the receiver.

However Alfasud's previous post indicates that the antenna data is NOT logged, but presumably this is an oversight that will be fixed at a later stage.

Getting the data into some program to display alongside GPS data is not mentioned at all. This might be a feature of the Jeti Flight Monitor program ??
http://www.jetimodel.com/index.php?page=product&id=236
Geoff_S is online now Find More Posts by Geoff_S
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:53 PM
I'm slow but I'm expensive
United States, GA, Snellville
Joined Nov 2003
572 Posts
Wieght

I assume the the weight of the tx has been discussed in thread somewhere. It looks that there a 20oz difference between my EVO and the Jetti. It would be way too heavy for DLG. Any chance of a molded or milled case out of plastic or composites?
Ken Lilja
Ken Lilja is offline Find More Posts by Ken Lilja
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:40 AM
Sweden, Sundsvall
Joined Aug 2011
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1 Rocket View Post
There is new firmware to take care of the problem you are having. I have tried contacting you via email but it seems you have not received it. Please send an email at: danny@espritmodel.com.

Danny
Danny, you have mail
FeffeSvl is offline Find More Posts by FeffeSvl
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:12 AM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Jul 2005
323 Posts
I know it is there but, I am not finding servo slow in the manual except as part of a test but not actual application. Using the "find" function from within the DC-18 PDF manual for the phrase "servo slow" results in just two hits and both are in the servo testing screen and not where you can apply the servo slow during flight control operation, say for example, for flaps. Help me please. Thanks

Howard

I think I found it -- in the Servo Setup menu at the very bottom is "Delay positive/negative".
Howard L is offline Find More Posts by Howard L
Last edited by Howard L; Nov 28, 2012 at 10:01 AM.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:50 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Feb 2002
982 Posts
Try searching for "speed" instead ?
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:01 AM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Jul 2005
323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_S View Post
Try searching for "speed" instead ?
It is in the Servo Setup menu - thanks.
Howard L is offline Find More Posts by Howard L
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:26 AM
Slovenia
Joined Jan 2009
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard L View Post
I know it is there but, I am not finding servo slow in the manual except as part of a test but not actual application. Using the "find" function from within the DC-18 PDF manual for the phrase "servo slow" results in just two hits and both are in the servo testing screen and not where you can apply the servo slow during flight control operation, say for example, for flaps. Help me please. Thanks

Howard

I think I found it -- in the Servo Setup menu at the very bottom is "Delay positive/negative".
It is also in "Fine Tuning ->Function Curves" and in "Free Mix Deployment Delay" depending what you want to do.
See here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...9#post23286126 post #279 and #280 and http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...693301&page=20 post #291
alfasud is offline Find More Posts by alfasud
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:59 AM
Joined May 2010
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roofus4 View Post
This question is for Esprit Model. What is the latest word on the antenna placement on the DS-16? Is there any concern that those of us who pre-ordered the DS-16 will get a first run radio, and that later ones will have improvements?

My understanding is that the DS-16 is the same radio as the DC-16 internally, with just a different case and layout. Except for the antenna. Is there going to be any performance difference between the 2 radios because the DS-16 has an internal antenna?
There is no first or second run, radio must be completely finished before FCC testing and production will begin.
The plastic cover is done, next week we will receive final production piece that will go to FCC and we will be allowed to make promotion video. After “Antennagate” we have decided to refine design and keep all antennas internal.

No differences at all. The DS radios will have extra accelerometers and gyro built in.

Zb/Esprit Model
Esprit Model is offline Find More Posts by Esprit Model
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:01 AM
Joined May 2010
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Lilja View Post
I assume the the weight of the tx has been discussed in thread somewhere. It looks that there a 20oz difference between my EVO and the Jetti. It would be way too heavy for DLG. Any chance of a molded or milled case out of plastic or composites?
Ken Lilja
Not at this time, after DS-16 is released we will continue with development.

Zb/Esprit Model
Esprit Model is offline Find More Posts by Esprit Model
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:04 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Feb 2002
982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model View Post
No differences at all. The DS radios will have extra accelerometers and gyro built
??? I haven't heard anything about gyros or accelerometers in either the DC or DS - can you share some more details ?
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:17 AM
Slovenia
Joined Jan 2009
62 Posts
DS-16 with quadrocopter (0 min 36 sec)
alfasud is offline Find More Posts by alfasud
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:22 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Feb 2002
982 Posts
Yeah I'd seen that on YouTube but figured it was a hack rather than a standard feature. Jeti really has been quite visionary with this radio...
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:23 PM
Fort Worth Texas
Joined Feb 2010
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model View Post
There is no first or second run, radio must be completely finished before FCC testing and production will begin.
The plastic cover is done, next week we will receive final production piece that will go to FCC and we will be allowed to make promotion video. After “Antennagate” we have decided to refine design and keep all antennas internal.

No differences at all. The DS radios will have extra accelerometers and gyro built in.

Zb/Esprit Model
So does this then mean that the DS-16 will have different software compared to the DC-16 if it has the extra hardware?
John1955 is offline Find More Posts by John1955
Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:17 PM
Joined May 2008
204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1955 View Post
So does this then mean that the DS-16 will have different software compared to the DC-16 if it has the extra hardware?
It will certainly need a few extra software features to provide options to mix the accelerometer inputs to channel outputs. I'm wondering if besides the already demonstrated accelerometer/gyro to channel output if Jeti will add "gesturing" acknowledgement/reset for things like timers, telemetry alarms, etc, with the DS-16.

I've been wondering why the DS-16 had a higher price than the DC-16; the added accelerometers and gyro over the DC-16 would be a valid reason. I can't really see a reason to add accelerometers or a gyro to the DC-16 as being a tray radio it hangs from a strap and doesn't lend itself to "gesturing" or tipping as the handheld DS-16 would.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed I'll have a DC-16 in my hands while I'm off work between 12/24 and 1/2 so I can have an entire week to swap out my Spektrum stuff and spend some time with it... come on FCC!
Kiba is offline Find More Posts by Kiba