HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 24, 2012, 04:22 AM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
If the R5 (US) can be used as a satellite it should work with Powerbox. At present Powerbox will only mention EU spec equipment as that is all that is out there. Email to them should get a good answer. Jeti has a few users on the mainland in big jets etc.

The RSat2 outputs sequential PPM. The R5 must do the same.

No doubt EU receivers will change to match US ones. ie full range; R5 as satellite etc. Will make things easier.

I didn't use a Powerbox. Jeti Enlink offers better redundancy, receivers already do the servo matching and the EPC receivers allow for higher input currents. I do use the Powerbox Gemini as PSU however.

Not as tidy as the RRS and satellites however.

Dave
wildpalms is offline Find More Posts by wildpalms
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:39 AM
RC Bum 4 Hire
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined May 2004
1,155 Posts
From Powerbox-Systems "yes- the SRS will only work with RSat or RSAT2." I guess its a good thing I wasn't ready to buy an SRS unit today anyways and can afford to wait to see how the compatibility issues progress. Much thanks for all the reply's on this topic I enjoyed chatting with you guys about it.

On the programing topic, can anyone share anything about setting up VPP models on the dc-16? specifically on the subject of accessing the pitch curves for setting up multiple flight modes(EG: normal, motor spools up as it increases pitch and an idle up mode for vpp flying) Can it be done from the "airplane" menu or do you need to set up the model as a heli? like most of us currently do on JR and Futaba systems to gain access to those flight modes and pitch curves options.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Edit/add, it'd also be nice to hear an update about the shipping date for those of us that have pre-paid for our dc-16's thanks!
ChrisBowker is offline Find More Posts by ChrisBowker
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by ChrisBowker; Nov 24, 2012 at 12:02 PM.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:12 PM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
VPP very easy. I will dig out details later this evening. Basically simple function curves.

I use Mamo VPP/Axi 2203/VPP

Dave
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:23 AM
Joined May 2010
1,803 Posts
We are moving to new line of Jeti receivers. All of them will be full range, telemetry capable except R4/R4i.

New R5/R5i (short antenna) have same protocols as RSat 2, they can be used same way.

We are thinking about importing Enlink, would be somebody interested?
You can connect 2x receiver inputs for dual redundancy or connect completely different radios systems

Zb/Esprit Model

Esprit Model is online now Find More Posts by Esprit Model
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Esprit Model; Nov 25, 2012 at 10:31 AM.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 01:43 PM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
VPP setup.

Every function has a function curve. In fact it can have as many function curves as it does flight modes.

I created two functions and assigned each to a servo (actually an output channel). One function called 'engine' & one called 'pitch'. Both functions are controlled by the physical stick that doesn't return (throttle stick to everyone else but in Jeti world they are just proportional controls that can be anything you want). Created three flights modes & assigned to a three position switch.

Simply setup each pitch and throttle curve for each of the flight modes as you see fit.

If you think it all sounds very basic and very simple then I wrote it right as setting up VPP on the DC-16 really is very very easy.

Function curves have up to 9 points but even better is that the points are settable in both axes IE adjust the X position as well as the Y

Dave
Old Nov 25, 2012, 02:03 PM
Joined Feb 2004
544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model View Post
We are moving to new line of Jeti receivers. All of them will be full range, telemetry capable except R4/R4i.

New R5/R5i (short antenna) have same protocols as RSat 2, they can be used same way.

We are thinking about importing Enlink, would be somebody interested?
You can connect 2x receiver inputs for dual redundancy or connect completely different radios systems

Zb/Esprit Model
Looks interesting. More info please. Do you need one for each servo? Which is the slave input? Any more info on the Jeti powerbox?
Wetafly is offline Find More Posts by Wetafly
Old Nov 25, 2012, 05:16 PM
Joined Mar 2008
134 Posts
Can you see the mAh consumption on the DS-16 screen while flying if you have a Mezon ESC, or do I need a ProfiBox for that?

Can an alarm be set for a given mAh threshold on the TX itself when using a Mezon ESC?
jotto is online now Find More Posts by jotto
Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:19 AM
Russian Federation, Moscow, g. Moskva
Joined Sep 2009
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotto View Post
...Can an alarm be set for a given mAh threshold on the TX itself when using a Mezon ESC?...
This function on my Tx+Esc Mezon doesn't work correctly, for details see my (and FeffeSvl) previous posts.

P.S. Support of Esprit doesn't respond to my letter about a week...
OldManY is offline Find More Posts by OldManY
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:21 PM
RC Bum 4 Hire
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined May 2004
1,155 Posts
Hey Dave, Thanks for that little run down on your VPP programming, It does sound fairly straight forward, I look forward to playing with all the options on the DC-16. I'm also running on a 2203/mm vpp system.

Chirs
ChrisBowker is offline Find More Posts by ChrisBowker
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Gen2 Bowker CF hardware
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:51 PM
Joined May 2010
1,803 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotto View Post
Can you see the mAh consumption on the DS-16 screen while flying if you have a Mezon ESC, or do I need a ProfiBox for that?

Can an alarm be set for a given mAh threshold on the TX itself when using a Mezon ESC?
Simply said yes and yes. You will see all data on the Radio screen. You can also setup independent alarms for any of the data from the data stream.You do not even have to have Mezon ESC, simple MUI EX Current sensor will do the job just fine.

Zb/Esprit Model

Site Sponsor
Last edited by Esprit Model; Nov 26, 2012 at 12:58 PM.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:59 PM
Joined May 2010
1,803 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManY View Post
This function on my Tx+Esc Mezon doesn't work correctly, for details see my (and FeffeSvl) previous posts.

P.S. Support of Esprit doesn't respond to my letter about a week...
We contacted you wilth Mezon software update.
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 26, 2012, 01:35 PM
Sweden, Sundsvall
Joined Aug 2011
65 Posts
Quote:
We contacted you wilth Mezon software update.
Please contact me too regarding this software update, thank's. You should have an email from me since last week.

Edit. now when I think back there was something odd with emails from Esprit already when I ordered, did not get any confirmations or such. So perhaps you replied to me also but it got stuck in a ISP filter this time too. Use PM here just to be safe.
FeffeSvl is offline Find More Posts by FeffeSvl
Last edited by FeffeSvl; Nov 26, 2012 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Add
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:15 PM
Joined Mar 2008
134 Posts
Quote:
Simply said yes and yes. You will see all data on the Radio screen. You can also setup independent alarms for any of the data from the data stream.You do not even have to have Mezon ESC, simple MUI EX Current sensor will do the job just fine.
Thanks, it's good to have it confirmed! I was just a bit worried when I read FeffeSvl and OldManY's posts.

FeffeSvl&OldManY: keep us posted and good luck!
jotto is online now Find More Posts by jotto
Old Nov 26, 2012, 04:18 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2004
433 Posts
What the heck. I pre-ordered the DC-16. At $200 off plus a Rx, it didn't make sense to wait.

According to Esprit website, I got the last one in stock. Yay for me.
drice is offline Find More Posts by drice
Old Nov 26, 2012, 04:27 PM
Fort Worth Texas
Joined Feb 2010
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drice View Post
What the heck. I pre-ordered the DC-16. At $200 off plus a Rx, it didn't make sense to wait.

According to Esprit website, I got the last one in stock. Yay for me.
Yep resistance for me was also futile. LOL . . . . I pre-ordered a DS-16. I think this radio may be a winner and at $289 off what the heck. ! ! !
John1955 is offline Find More Posts by John1955