Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:09 PM
Germany (Black Forest, Alps, Vosges)
Joined Dec 2009
60 Posts
Hello

I've been using the system since November 2008 without the slightest problem. First in my MPX EVO12, than in an Turnigy 9X for small modells, in my old MPX mc2020 just for (retro-) fun and since half a year i am a very happy DC16-user.

Greets Christian
christianka6cr is offline Find More Posts by christianka6cr
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:46 PM
RC Bum 4 Hire
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined May 2004
1,143 Posts
Hey Rod,
Off topic question, are you in NewZealand? If so can I apprentice under you on how to build full composite planes? lol.

Thanks for the info on the switch, a wolverine would do the trick, and I know gas guys have used them for years now. But! at aprox 3 amps per servo(I usually figure 3.5 to be safe) thats only 5 servo's. I like to run 2 per aileron, 1 per elevator half and 1-2 on the rudder for a 40%er, Thats around a possible peak load of 24 amps(from 8 servo's) I can make the argument that guys have run 15 amp systems on gas planes for years...but I can also make the argument a lot easier that I don't fly like guys have for years and if my RX can handle 40 amp's peak then I should be giving it 40 amps peak(or at least as much as the plane will pull when every control surface servo is stalled)

I know some(a lot) of people will say that is a little(A LOT) overkill and you'll never stall every servo at the same time. But on a giant scale 3D model you plan to push the limits of what you can and can't do, it only makes sense to plan for the worst.

Chris
ChrisBowker is offline Find More Posts by ChrisBowker
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Painted Bowker Yak 55 for sale
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:54 PM
RC Bum 4 Hire
Joined May 2004
1,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by udogigahertz View Post
New system? The Jeti-system is not new, it is on the market around the world (exclusively USA and North America) since few years now, it was one of the very first systems after Spektrum, Futaba and XPS. It is only "new" for you Americans ..... so lay back and have fun with it.

Udo

I know the Duplex system has been around for awhile now(I'd never buy the first run of any new radio system) I only ment that its a new system to me and I don't know all the in's and out's yet...Hence the questions.

Chris
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2012, 06:07 PM
Joined Feb 2004
529 Posts
Hi Chris
Yes New Zealand, hence Esprit could sell me a DC16 :-) Here is a peek at my latest project, Extra 300 pattern.

Yes I would like a bit more head room with the current. However I am keen to see some real figures from the telemetry. I don't fly 3D only IMAC (advanced), however we have seen quite a few wing failures lately due to the full power snaps.

Rod
Wetafly is offline Find More Posts by Wetafly
Old Nov 21, 2012, 06:32 PM
RC Bum 4 Hire
Joined May 2004
1,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetafly View Post
Hi Chris
Yes New Zealand, hence Esprit could sell me a DC16 :-) Here is a peek at my latest project, Extra 300 pattern.

Yes I would like a bit more head room with the current. However I am keen to see some real figures from the telemetry. I don't fly 3D only IMAC (advanced), however we have seen quite a few wing failures lately due to the full power snaps.

Rod
That was my exact train of thought...I'm a big fan of your slick 360 thread over on FG, I also have a lot of respect for your craftsmanship! amazing work!!! thanks for the pic of the 300! BTW in trade for an apprenticeship Visa I'll bring my CNC router along lol.

Chris
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:28 PM
Airborne whenever I can.
Canada, AB, Edson
Joined Dec 2006
518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model View Post
Unfortunately at this moment all I can say is that we are very, very, very close. For past 2 weeks we have been submitting revisions of the final report almost on the daily basis. All can be done Tomorrow, Friday or early next week. At this moment we are 99.95% there. FCC compliant receivers and radios are here. Tomorrow we would like to start fixing and pre-packing all orders.

It seems like soap opera. We have never dealt with such a detailed people. Every number, coma, space or letter has to be accounted for. Fortunately after this; next batch of R18/14/5 and new DS-16 will be just the breeze.

Zb/Esprit Model
Can you give notice if the vario and other sensors will be available at the time of shipping? Like to get that together with the DC-16.

PAT
PAT-T is offline Find More Posts by PAT-T
Old Nov 22, 2012, 03:19 AM
Joined Jan 2009
175 Posts
Hallo Roofus4,

in Europe the Jeti Duplex 2,4 Ghz is very popular; it was one of the first systems with telemetry, sensors etc. Lot of users flew it in their old Graupner, JR radios etc.

Now Jeti does their own radios like DC-16 or comming DS-16; very modern with hall sensors, really hight end quality and great software. Take a look inside the TX and take a TX in your hands. No plastic etc. You can feel the quality.

Top pilots like G. Bruckmann flys the Jeti system since years. First in the old MC-24, since one year the DC-16 TX. F3A DMFV German Champion also flies with the DC-16 and other great flyers also.

see here some videos:

Modell AVIATOR Hands-On-Video: Jeti DC-16, Teil III (3 min 22 sec)

DC-16 Transmitter Stick Switch Installation (4 min 39 sec)

Production JETI model DC-16.mpg (3 min 21 sec)

Regards

Test
Test is offline Find More Posts by Test
Old Nov 22, 2012, 08:37 AM
Joined May 2010
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAT-T View Post
Can you give notice if the vario and other sensors will be available at the time of shipping? Like to get that together with the DC-16.

PAT
All in stock, but we have only 3 radios left for old price.

Zb/Esprit Model
Esprit Model is online now Find More Posts by Esprit Model
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 22, 2012, 09:46 AM
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Jun 2011
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Test View Post
Hallo Roofus4,

in Europe the Jeti Duplex 2,4 Ghz is very popular; it was one of the first systems with telemetry, sensors etc. Lot of users flew it in their old Graupner, JR radios etc.

Now Jeti does their own radios like DC-16 or comming DS-16; very modern with hall sensors, really hight end quality and great software. Take a look inside the TX and take a TX in your hands. No plastic etc. You can feel the quality.

Top pilots like G. Bruckmann flys the Jeti system since years. First in the old MC-24, since one year the DC-16 TX. F3A DMFV German Champion also flies with the DC-16 and other great flyers also.

Test

Test, thanks so much for the info! very comforting to hear the great feed back about this system. I watched some youtube videos of G. Bruckmann. Very impressive. Now I can't wait to get a DS-16.

Another thing that I like about Jeti Duplex is that on the Esprit website a 9 channel Rx is $89. On Tower Hobbies a Futaba 8 Channel Rx with no telemetry is $140. Heck, the Jeti Duplex EX R14 (14 ch) is only $130!!

This won't change my mind either way, but Graupner radios can chain together multiple Rx's and actually expand the number of channels to a max of 32 channels. Can the Jeti do that? Not that I would ever need that many, but it is a cool feature.

For all the folks in the States, Happy Thanksgiving!!
roofus4 is offline Find More Posts by roofus4
Old Nov 22, 2012, 09:53 AM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
Graupner use their old historical channel counting scheme. 32 channels is the same as 16 for anyone else.

Can use Jeti receivers in the same way. The channels on the RX are outputs. Can assign any channel as the input. 2 x 6 channel receivers making 12.

Can also assign same input to multiple outputs. I use this for planes with dual elevator servos. Keeps TX programming simple for one thing.

Dave
wildpalms is offline Find More Posts by wildpalms
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:25 AM
Joined Jun 2011
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpalms View Post
Graupner use their old historical channel counting scheme. 32 channels is the same as 16 for anyone else.

Can use Jeti receivers in the same way. The channels on the RX are outputs. Can assign any channel as the input. 2 x 6 channel receivers making 12.

Can also assign same input to multiple outputs. I use this for planes with dual elevator servos. Keeps TX programming simple for one thing.

Dave
Thanks for the feedback, Dave. So the Graupner can't really do 32 channels?

Anyone know if there is a Jeti Duplex video on setting up a gear door sequence in the DC-16?
Last edited by roofus4; Nov 22, 2012 at 10:30 AM. Reason: format
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:38 AM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
Not made a video but I did do sequencing in a programming exercise I posted on one of the Jeti threads a couple of months ago.

Dave
wildpalms is offline Find More Posts by wildpalms
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:38 AM
Joined Jun 2011
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpalms View Post
Not made a video but I did do sequencing in a programming exercise I posted on one of the Jeti threads a couple of months ago.

Dave
Is the programing pretty logical? Can it be figured out without a manual?

In an unrelated question, how long will that 3200 mah battery last?

Also, I noticed that the satellite receiver is not certified in the States. Are the stand alone receivers just as good as say a futaba receiver that doesn't use a satellite system?
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:56 AM
RC Bum 4 Hire
Joined May 2004
1,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roofus4 View Post
Is the programing pretty logical? Can it be figured out without a manual?

In an unrelated question, how long will that 3200 mah battery last?

Also, I noticed that the satellite receiver is not certified in the States. Are the stand alone receivers just as good as say a futaba receiver that doesn't use a satellite system?
I could be mistaken, and it'd be nice if Esprit could confirm or deny this, But I think the rx's that are listed as "Note: This item is not for use in the US and Canada (Not FCC Certified)!!! " are just on the list for the second run through the FCC testing with the DS-16...I hope this is the situation...and the smaller rx's are just behind the DC-16 and larger rx's in the paper work.

Chris
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 22, 2012, 06:22 PM
Joined May 2008
204 Posts
roofus,

If you read back a page I already asked about RSAT2 issues here in North America; Esprit responded in post #271 and as of now the US will not be getting the full range RSAT2. A suitable equivalent is the R5-- it's the next smallest/lightest receiver and is also full range just like the RSAT2.

I was really hoping to use the RSAT2 on my helicopters as it would make for a smaller/cleaner install than the R5 and I also prefer the plastic case compared to the shrinkwrap case on the R5. All I need on my helis is a single PPM out to the FBL controller and a telemetry port so the RSAT2 is ideal for the job. Unfortunately as of right now they're not going to be tested/approved for the North American market.

I'm hoping sometime in the future the RSAT2 will be tested, approved, and available here as it is the smallest and cleanest option available for some applications. The R5 will be functionally equivalent but again, I'd prefer the smaller/lighter plastic cased RSAT2.
Kiba is offline Find More Posts by Kiba