HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 20, 2012, 02:33 PM
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Jun 2011
96 Posts
Thanks for the info, guys. There are very few people here in the States that use anything other than JR, Futaba, Airtronics, or Hitec. So for me to go to Jeti, a company I didn't even know about till about 2 months ago, makes me a little nervous. Is this system popular in Europe? Do you guys know others in your area that use Jeti, that also report good results?

Part of the reason I am so adamant about this, is because the features set and the design of the DS-16 is out of this word! It is amazing and very exciting. Therefore, I tend to start to wonder if there is something about this radio that is too good to be true. Looking through this forum, I haven't found much this radio can't do! So I will admit I'm skeptical. Especially when we fly our very time consuming and expensive planes with these radios. They literally need to be flawless. Anything short of that and it isn't worth it. Some of my planes are over 10 yrs old and I have grown very fond of them. They get only the best quality stuff. I hope this radio fits that bill. More input is welcome.
roofus4 is offline Find More Posts by roofus4
Last edited by roofus4; Nov 20, 2012 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Grammar
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2012, 03:16 PM
Sweden, Sundsvall
Joined Aug 2011
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roofus4 View Post
Is this system popular in Europe? Do you guys know others in your area that use Jeti, that also report good results?
I am also new to Jeti but I know a few turbine guys myself who have used the Jeti 2.4 transmitter modules and recivers for years and really like it. The dealer I recently bought my first jet from fly it himself and on his recommendation I got the DC16 for that plane. At $18k+ built ready-to-fly the Tomahawk Designs Futura is alot of cash but the Jeti system has worked flawlessly.

I only have had time for six flights on the plane until now but the results are good so far the Jeti products do have an outstanding quality feel and the transmission technology has been on the market for quite some time and seem proven to work by now.

Futura 2,5m premiär Sundsvall (8 min 12 sec)
FeffeSvl is offline Find More Posts by FeffeSvl
Old Nov 20, 2012, 03:48 PM
Joined May 2010
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBowker View Post
Any idea when the US orders will start shipping?

Chris

Unfortunately at this moment all I can say is that we are very, very, very close. For past 2 weeks we have been submitting revisions of the final report almost on the daily basis. All can be done Tomorrow, Friday or early next week. At this moment we are 99.95% there. FCC compliant receivers and radios are here. Tomorrow we would like to start fixing and pre-packing all orders.

It seems like soap opera. We have never dealt with such a detailed people. Every number, coma, space or letter has to be accounted for. Fortunately after this; next batch of R18/14/5 and new DS-16 will be just the breeze.

Zb/Esprit Model
Esprit Model is offline Find More Posts by Esprit Model
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 20, 2012, 04:51 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2004
431 Posts
I have to go through FCC, CE, Industry Canada, etc, certification from time to time in my business as well.

There are few things in life more frustrating than getting those final certs.
drice is offline Find More Posts by drice
Old Nov 20, 2012, 04:57 PM
Michael
United States, ME, Wells
Joined May 2008
1,054 Posts
Commas In Place

Yes,
But, don't you have to admit that you feel so much safer knowing that all the commas are in place? (Said, tongue planted firmly in cheek.) :-)

I have had to deal several times with the FAA - yet another government agency - 'nuff said.

Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by drice View Post
I have to go through FCC, CE, Industry Canada, etc, certification from time to time in my business as well.

There are few things in life more frustrating than getting those final certs.
Snowflake6515 is offline Find More Posts by Snowflake6515
Old Nov 21, 2012, 02:51 AM
Hampshire, U.K.
Joined Jun 2008
1,850 Posts
Roofus, I switched to the Jeti system back in 2009, with a conversion of my elderly Multiplex 3030. It has been rock solid and I have really enjoyed the glitch-free flying that comes with 2.4GHz operation. I now feel that my trusty 3030 probably represents the weakest link in the system so I am on the waiting list for the DS-16. . . .
Trevorh is online now Find More Posts by Trevorh
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:49 AM
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Jun 2011
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevorh View Post
Roofus, I switched to the Jeti system back in 2009, with a conversion of my elderly Multiplex 3030. It has been rock solid and I have really enjoyed the glitch-free flying that comes with 2.4GHz operation. I now feel that my trusty 3030 probably represents the weakest link in the system so I am on the waiting list for the DS-16. . . .
Awesome, thanks for the report. That is great to hear. I am starting to become more comfortable with the idea of getting the DS-16.

I really like the big screen above the sticks. So many telemetry systems have the display below the sticks and thus below the neck strap. On my current Futaba, I have a hard enough time just looking at radio voltage while I'm flying, let alone telemetry.
roofus4 is offline Find More Posts by roofus4
Last edited by roofus4; Nov 21, 2012 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:04 AM
Switzerland
Joined Nov 2004
25 Posts
@roofus4

I agree with you: when using telemetry the display on top of the transmitter is a must have.
rdeutsch is online now Find More Posts by rdeutsch
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:35 AM
RC Bum 4 Hire
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined May 2004
1,143 Posts
Can anyone comment on using the Jeti Voltage Regulator MAX BEC 2 in gas planes? how does it do with the vibration?

Also, can anyone share their setup for powering the Duplex system in a 100-170cc IMAC/3D plane? EG: switches, regulators? RX batt's, powerbox? ect.

Thanks in advance,
Chris
ChrisBowker is offline Find More Posts by ChrisBowker
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Painted Bowker Yak 55 for sale
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:49 AM
United States, CO, Delta
Joined Oct 2005
495 Posts
Gentlemen ,thank you for the input.All is well said,i am scratching my head on these Radio's as well.As Roofus stated we have a lot of money and time in these Model's.I think i will go for the DS16 as well,the features are just outstanding.I just want to see what the new Profi 16 look's like.Paul
paul dufek is offline Find More Posts by paul dufek
Old Nov 21, 2012, 02:09 PM
Joined Feb 2004
529 Posts
Quote:
Can anyone comment on using the Jeti Voltage Regulator MAX BEC 2 in gas planes? how does it do with the vibration?

Also, can anyone share their setup for powering the Duplex system in a 100-170cc IMAC/3D plane? EG: switches, regulators? RX batt's, powerbox? ect.

Thanks in advance,
Chris
Hi Chris
I have bought a DC16 for my 40% IMAC models. I fly exclusively tray so I am really pleased to get my first tray radio. I have a R9 and satellite receivers that will go in my current DLE 170 powered Slick 360, this has a Powerbox and HV servos. I have a R18/sat for my next model with DA200. This will not need a powerbox or regulator as it is a high power (40amp 8.4v) receiver so I will run it on unregulated 2cell LiPo. The telemetry will be an amp meter to find out how hard my servos are working as I haven't seen any info on this at all. I got an optical tach to find out in air rpm and temp sensors to get a good tune on all 4 cylinders of the 200. I really like the logical switches to unload the snaps and I got a stick top switch as it is right next to your finger. At the moment I am testing it in a foamy but will report back when I get it in the Slick. Oh and Gernot flys one too
Wetafly is offline Find More Posts by Wetafly
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:23 PM
RC Bum 4 Hire
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined May 2004
1,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetafly View Post
Hi Chris
I have bought a DC16 for my 40% IMAC models. I fly exclusively tray so I am really pleased to get my first tray radio. I have a R9 and satellite receivers that will go in my current DLE 170 powered Slick 360, this has a Powerbox and HV servos. I have a R18/sat for my next model with DA200. This will not need a powerbox or regulator as it is a high power (40amp 8.4v) receiver so I will run it on unregulated 2cell LiPo. The telemetry will be an amp meter to find out how hard my servos are working as I haven't seen any info on this at all. I got an optical tach to find out in air rpm and temp sensors to get a good tune on all 4 cylinders of the 200. I really like the logical switches to unload the snaps and I got a stick top switch as it is right next to your finger. At the moment I am testing it in a foamy but will report back when I get it in the Slick. Oh and Gernot flys one too
Thanks for your comment, That is along the same lines I was thinking but wanted some feedback to make sure I was on the right path...With a new system and models this large you can never be to careful. I think for now I will run r12's or better(which have the 20 amp nominal, 40 amp peak) in all my gassers with 2x rx packs and some kind of regulator system with batt share. Its my understanding that you can not plug 2x rx packs directly into a jeti rx and need to use a regulator/bec unit like the MAX BEC 2 that has a batt share function/option. Can you comment on what your using for your big slick?

It would be nice if Jeti made a regulator/BEC unit that supported the 20 amp nominal and 40 amp peak currents that their higher end RX's do(with that and a r12 or better you'd never need a power box for most every giant scale IMAC type bird)....Still I'm thinking about running 1x jeti max BEC(12 amp nominal/20amp peak) with 2x life packs on my 89" 60cc slick(even with all 5 control surface servo's stalled I should only be around 17 amps peak...

I've also ordered a dc-16, being a pincher Ive always wanted a tray style tx and the dc-16 hits all of my anorak buttons on the head...I've been annoying espirt models with emails ever since they announced they would be bringing them to the states. Ive used Jeti esc's off and on for years(they have been hard to get in my area and I like to support the local shop when I can) and never had anything but flawless performance from them. I can't wait get my 16!

Chris
ChrisBowker is offline Find More Posts by ChrisBowker
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Painted Bowker Yak 55 for sale
Old Nov 21, 2012, 04:25 PM
Joined Feb 2004
529 Posts
Hi Chris I have a Fromeco wolverine switch for the 200 model set up 2 into 1. At 15 amps per switch it will be the weak link. However the telemetry will tell me what sort of current draw I am getting in flight. For the Slick I will have to get another current/volt meter, one for each battery. I was mainly interested in the current of each individual servo as I am using one servo per surface including rudder. I also got the 125C temp sensors to see how warm the servos get.
Rod
Wetafly is offline Find More Posts by Wetafly
Old Nov 21, 2012, 04:51 PM
Deutschland, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Geilenkirchen
Joined Aug 2007
772 Posts
Quote:
With a new system and models this large you can never be to careful.
Chris
New system? The Jeti-system is not new, it is on the market around the world (exclusively USA and North America) since few years now, it was one of the very first systems after Spektrum, Futaba and XPS. It is only "new" for you Americans ..... so lay back and have fun with it.

Udo
udogigahertz is offline Find More Posts by udogigahertz
Old Nov 21, 2012, 04:59 PM
Slovenia
Joined Jan 2009
62 Posts
Hi

My I suggest this little gadeget http://www.sm-modellbau.de/shop/index.php?cPath=18
I got it last week and for now I used in my DG-300 glider just to test vario. But it is capable of many more. Here is a test http://www.elektromodellflug.de/unisens-e-von-sm.html
It can measure current, voltage, power, capacity, motor RPM and altitude. When you connect it to jeti receiver, you instantly have it on DC-16 sensor screen. It is also compatible with Hott and MPX telemetry protocol. This weekend I will mount it in my tug SwissTrainer and sons Trex-500 just to see how much current flows there.
alfasud is online now Find More Posts by alfasud