HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:42 PM
Russian Federation, Moscow, g. Moskva
Joined Sep 2009
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model View Post
That's fine, but is the ESC working? Can you programm ESC via DC-16, do you see programming options? Is motor spinning?

Zb/Esprit Model
Unfortunately the ESC doesn't work, the motor doesn't spinning. But, I can see programming options via DC-16 and I can change them.
OldManY is offline Find More Posts by OldManY
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2012, 04:29 AM
Switzerland
Joined Nov 2004
25 Posts
Logical switch function with telemetry data?

Hi

I am very interested in the new DS-16.
Here in the specifications and features i can read:
Quote:
Fully integrated logical switch functions. If you need to drop bombs only if your throttle is at 50% and bay doors are open, with this system you can. Your programming/mixing options are virtually unlimited.
Now my question: can i also program logical functions in combination with specific telemetry data?

Let explain what i'm looking for:
I fly gliders. For that i would like to programm a logical function which starts automatically a flash light (mounted on the ground side of my 5m glider) when the glider reaches a height of 500m. I know that i can programm an alarm (on transmitter side) when the vario gets the 500m. But can i use these telemetry data in combination with the logical functions too?

kind regards,
Robert
rdeutsch is offline Find More Posts by rdeutsch
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:51 AM
Joined May 2010
1,673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManY View Post
Unfortunately the ESC doesn't work, the motor doesn't spinning. But, I can see programming options via DC-16 and I can change them.
If there is no battery and motor connected to ESC there are no Data. You can still program ESC because it gets power from receiver battery pack.
But No main Power = No Data.

Zb/Esprit Model
Esprit Model is offline Find More Posts by Esprit Model
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:57 AM
Joined May 2010
1,673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdeutsch View Post
Hi

I am very interested in the new DS-16.
Here in the specifications and features i can read:

Now my question: can i also program logical functions in combination with specific telemetry data?

Let explain what i'm looking for:
I fly gliders. For that i would like to programm a logical function which starts automatically a flash light (mounted on the ground side of my 5m glider) when the glider reaches a height of 500m. I know that i can programm an alarm (on transmitter side) when the vario gets the 500m. But can i use these telemetry data in combination with the logical functions too?

kind regards,
Robert
Not yet, we are still only scratching possibilities of telemetry. It’s software, anything is possible, but you can have significant problem if you loose downlink. There must be some failsafe rules that nobody thought of yet.

Zb/Esprit Model
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:47 PM
Joined Sep 2009
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model View Post
If there is no battery and motor connected to ESC there are no Data. You can still program ESC because it gets power from receiver battery pack.
But No main Power = No Data.

Zb/Esprit Model
You write obvious things. Thanks, but I know, how the ESC works.

I asked about User Manual - no words. Why?

I think this ESC is faulty
Resolve this problem I suggest continue in PM.
Last edited by OldManY; Nov 19, 2012 at 12:53 PM.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:40 PM
Joined May 2010
1,673 Posts
Quote:
You write obvious things. Thanks, but I know, how the ESC works.

I think this ESC is faulty
Resolve this problem I suggest continue in PM.
No PM, use support@espritmodel.com
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 19, 2012, 02:54 PM
Sweden, Sundsvall
Joined Aug 2011
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeffeSvl View Post
Esprit model, have you gotten the sensor to show up also with the BEC-equipped Mezons?
Update: The controller has FW1.22 and ID 39201:21916.

Today I tried to connect an ExpanderEX between the Rsat2 and the Mezon to see if it made any difference. The Expander showed up in the Jetibox as expected and the Mezon also came up under one of the four ports, but still no EX telemetry (it was a longshot anyway).

Here is a thread with a few pics of my installation: www.helisweden.se/showthread.php?t=4146

Esprit model, please let me know if the EX telemetry works for you on a Mezon 130 w. BEC.
FeffeSvl is offline Find More Posts by FeffeSvl
Old Nov 19, 2012, 03:46 PM
RC Bum 4 Hire
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined May 2004
1,150 Posts
Any idea when the US orders will start shipping?

Chris
ChrisBowker is offline Find More Posts by ChrisBowker
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Gen2 Bowker CF hardware
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:22 PM
United States, OH, Cuyahoga Falls
Joined Apr 2006
224 Posts
Yes, same question. They debited my credit card of the full 1090$ but no news about shipment. I hope they start shipping soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBowker View Post
Any idea when the US orders will start shipping?

Chris
le fou is online now Find More Posts by le fou
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:01 AM
Joined Sep 2009
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeffeSvl View Post
...Here is a thread with a few pics of my installation: www.helisweden.se/showthread.php?t=4146...
Very interesting, but I can not see the photos, registration required.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:58 AM
Sweden, Sundsvall
Joined Aug 2011
65 Posts
Quote:
Very interesting, but I can not see the photos, registration required.
My bad, forgot about that.

here are the pics.
FeffeSvl is offline Find More Posts by FeffeSvl
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:46 AM
Joined Sep 2009
47 Posts
Looks grate!
About Manual for Mezon I received the answer from Jeti support: "Manual for Mezon controllers will be available in a month."

P.S. Оn the battery calculation of cycles? For this task I use app for iPhone - rcFlightBook.
Last edited by OldManY; Nov 20, 2012 at 09:52 AM.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:59 AM
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Jun 2011
107 Posts
I kinda had my mind on a Graupner radio, but now I'm blown away by the features of the Jeti Duplex DC/DS-16's. So I'm new to researching this system. I have some very basic questions...

Regarding the DS-16, does the throttle have the ratcheting feel? For my planes I like that. I don't fly heli's which like smooth throttle.

Graupner claims 3 km range on their new internal antenna system, are there any range specs for the Jeti system? Of course I understand that since the antenna has not been totally finalized on the DS-16, the data would only be speculation.

Lastly and most importantly, in very basic terms, is this system safe? This will be my entry into 2.4. I'm still using 72mhz! In my 21 years of flying, I have never ever lost a plane due to radio problems. I have only used JR, and Futaba. I have a Futaba 10c, and it is flawless in its operation. I have had bumps of interference, but never a crash. I have heard of some 2.4 systems locking out and other types of claims that end up crashing planes. I don't know if any of it is true. Futaba's fasst seems very well liked by it's users, I just want telemetry, and in that regard, they are letting me down. So, once again is this system safe? Feel free for as many of you out there with any experience to chime in.
roofus4 is offline Find More Posts by roofus4
Last edited by roofus4; Nov 20, 2012 at 11:38 AM.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:39 PM
Supersonic Engineering
UK, Greater London, Uxbridge
Joined Mar 2001
3,116 Posts
roofus - you can adjust the feel of the throttle to suit, from a very firm ratchet to a very smooth feel - easy!
I've never seen any distance figures for claimed range, but it's always been sufficient for me! When my big tug is specked out at distance, I occasionally get a low signal warning, but that's really only the telemetry signal getting weak - it keeps on working though!
I've been using Jeti Duplex pretty much since it first came out (4 years?) and in all that time, I've only had one problem whereby a receiver would lose bind intermittently. I have it in all sorts of models, from small helis to LARGE scale planks and it just works. Now that I have the DC-16 transmitter, I couldn't be happier!
GordonTarling is offline Find More Posts by GordonTarling
Last edited by GordonTarling; Nov 20, 2012 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Added info
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:51 PM
Joined Jan 2009
177 Posts
Hi,

the range of Jeti Duplex is not better or worser than other 2,4 GHz systems; all systems are working nearly the same way.I had never problems with 2,4 Duplex during the last 4 years.

Also my two new DC-16 TX´s are working without any probem and the quality is the best I have even seen. Take a look inside ....

Regards

Test
Test is offline Find More Posts by Test