SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 17, 2012, 01:25 PM
Sweden, Sundsvall
Joined Aug 2011
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Carmichael View Post
Is the Jeti system bluetooth capable? I'm wondering if it will communicate to an external earbud for voice telemetry. If not, how about cable jack?
You could plug a BT module with headset profile in the existing headset cable jack. I have considered this myself but at the moment I use a corded headset since I don't want another piece of kit (BT headset) that need charging..
FeffeSvl is offline Find More Posts by FeffeSvl
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2012, 02:59 PM
Joined May 2010
1,694 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManY View Post
Unfortunately, I couldn't receive and display actual data from the sensors of ESC Mezon in the menu Sensors/Alarms, sensors display actual data only in the JetiBox Emulator menu. Possibly it correctly. However I expected to receive from telemetry other functionality and possibilities.

More questions than answers...
If you added Mezon to your existing program you have to refresh all sensors, click AUTO in “Sensors/Logging Setup” and let load up all data again.

Zb/Esprit Model
Esprit Model is online now Find More Posts by Esprit Model
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 17, 2012, 03:00 PM
Joined May 2010
1,694 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeffeSvl View Post
+1

I hooked my Mezon 130 up for the first time today and the telemetry is only visible in emulator screen on my DC16 with 1.06 FW and my Profibox. This is probably because there is no "profile" for the Mezon in the TX or PB yet, but it sure would be nice if an update was released soon ....

Is there a timetable for this?
If you added Mezon to your existing program you have to refresh all sensors, click AUTO in “Sensors/Logging Setup” and let load up all data again.

Zb/Esprit Model
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 17, 2012, 03:04 PM
Joined May 2010
1,694 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstoehr1964 View Post
Hi,

any news about the "Antennagate" crisis? Is there any change in the positioning of the "external" antenna?

Thanks
Peter
Yup we have fresh development. Jeti guys increased the size of the plastic cover on the top of the screen and want to get rid of any external antennas. New parts are manufactured and ready for next week testing.

Zb/Esprit Model
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:00 AM
Russian Federation, Moscow, g. Moskva
Joined Sep 2009
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model View Post

Zb/Esprit Model
You checked it in practice? I did it, but Mezon sensors didn't appear. In the same time Muli's sensors appeared directly, without problems.

What about manual?
OldManY is offline Find More Posts by OldManY
Old Nov 18, 2012, 04:20 AM
Slovenia
Joined Jan 2009
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryC View Post
Thanks alfa.
Next Q. On my mpx4000 I can delay a mix for example throttle to elevator trim mix alone can be slowed, without slowing the throttle or the elevator. Can the jeti do that?

Next Q. I have read the bits in the manual about logical switches but without a tx to play with it isn't clear. Can the jeti replicate this program from my 4000 - for the brake parachute, the switch to open the chute only works if the throttle is idle, and wheels are down and a further "arming" switch has been put to the on position.

Next Q. Can I disable servos such as wheel brake when the retract switch is up?
A1: Yes. see "Free Mix Deployment Delay" in manual
A2: Yes. Logic switches can be "daisy chained"
A3: Yes. Use Logic switches

For better understanding LS, see table in "Emulating a 3-Position Switch" in manual.
Control1 and Control2 can be any prop. control or any switch or any logic switch
alfasud is online now Find More Posts by alfasud
Old Nov 18, 2012, 04:41 AM
Joined Dec 2004
20 Posts
Hi,
Quote:
Yup we have fresh development. Jeti guys increased the size of the plastic cover on the top of the screen and want to get rid of any external antennas. New parts are manufactured and ready for next week testing.

Zb/Esprit Model
that sounds great!

Peter
pstoehr1964 is offline Find More Posts by pstoehr1964
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:36 AM
Joined Sep 2009
47 Posts
Quote:
I hooked my Mezon 130 up for the first time today and the telemetry is only visible in emulator screen on my DC16 with 1.06 FW and my Profibox...
Do You tried to launch the motor use Mezon?

When I connect a new Mezon instead Jeti SPIN - my motor doesn't work (no any sounds). All settings at them are similar. I tried different options, including 'Default setting'.

Version FW Mezon 1.22
Last edited by OldManY; Nov 18, 2012 at 07:04 AM.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:02 AM
Sweden, Sundsvall
Joined Aug 2011
65 Posts
Quote:
Do You tried to launch the motor use Mezon?
Yes, the motor ran fine (Scorpion 4020-1100 in a heli) on the bench without blades. But I set the motor parameters manually (10 poles, 8kHz & 5 degrees timing), did you try that (not these settings but the right ones for your motor)?
Last edited by FeffeSvl; Nov 18, 2012 at 09:15 AM.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:33 AM
Germany, HE, Frankfurt
Joined Nov 2012
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstoehr1964 View Post
Hi, that sounds great! Peter
Hi Peter. As far as I remember it was not a question of sound...
Thus, @Zb, any pictures of the new plastic cover already available?
MTee is offline Find More Posts by MTee
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:12 AM
Sweden, Sundsvall
Joined Aug 2011
65 Posts
Quote:

Zb/Esprit Model
Sorry, just tried klicking "AUTO" and "yes" to the question about resetting telemetry, but it did not make any difference. The Mezon is still not listed under telemetry (just the reciever come up, a Rsat2 in this case).
On my other setups (a couple of different planes) the sensors has been detected immediately when connected, both on the DC16 and the Jeti box profi, but not this time.

In the release notes for the JPB 1.17 FW, I remember seeing something about adding internal database support for the Mezon Opto line, could it be an issue with this (or Mezon with BEC) not being loaded i the Radio FW?

Update - I checked my JPB and it had 1.16 FW so I updated to 1.17, but still no Mezon. It does seem that the Mezon with BEC need to be added, this has more data being transmitted than the OPTO version so it would make sense.

Esprit model, have you gotten the sensor to show up also with the BEC-equipped Mezons?
Last edited by FeffeSvl; Nov 18, 2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:34 AM
Joined Sep 2009
47 Posts
Quote:
Yes, the motor ran fine (Scorpion 4020-1100 in a heli) on the bench without blades. But I set the motor parameters manually (10 poles, 8kHz & 5 degrees timing), did you try that (not these settings but the right ones for your motor)?
Yes, I set correct motor parameters (AXi 5328; 14 poles; 8kHz; 24 deg.timing), fix correct min/max points for Tx ch. THR, but my motor no run. No initialization at the moment of switching on, no special signal (beep).

I tried change motor and Tx/Rx (Futaba) - No changes.

My Mezon 130 with BEC-equipped. Sensors dont show..., but all actuals parameters i see on my JetiBox.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:37 AM
Czech Republic
Joined May 2010
78 Posts
I suppose that the Mezon is connected correctly to the receiver - black connector for PPM and the red connector into the EXT plug. I'look what version of software I have - the EX telemetry should work without any need for an update of transmitter/Profibox.
MafRaf is offline Find More Posts by MafRaf
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:58 PM
Joined Sep 2009
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MafRaf View Post
I suppose that the Mezon is connected correctly to the receiver - black connector for PPM and the red connector into the EXT plug.
Sure. When I move throtle stick, I see how value of a signal changes on display JetiBox.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 04:30 PM
Joined May 2010
1,694 Posts
Quote:
Sure. When I move throtle stick, I see how value of a signal changes on display JetiBox.
That's fine, but is the ESC working? Can you programm ESC via DC-16, do you see programming options? Is motor spinning?

Zb/Esprit Model
Site Sponsor