HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 10, 2013, 05:37 PM
New York
Joined Feb 2002
3,056 Posts
Grumania G-Trim Installation Work-Around: Couldn't get the white protective covers off the supplied foam dots no matter how hard I tried. Tried placing a small dab of PFM glue (same as Goop) on the 4 trim buttons and glued the G-Trim knobs in place. This glue is a bit rubbery and has some give to it. Works perfectly.

Steve
SteveR is offline Find More Posts by SteveR
to remove ads between posts
Old May 10, 2013, 06:52 PM
Joined Jun 2012
8 Posts
In case anyone fancies a weekend programming session. Not an official version, but should hold you out until it's released from Jeti at least.

A searchable DS-16 Manual:
http://www.filedropper.com/ds-16hd

Enjoy and happy flying!

rancid
rancidlemon is offline Find More Posts by rancidlemon
Old May 10, 2013, 07:01 PM
NJ
Joined Jan 2000
475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rancidlemon View Post
Re 5.:
Also, I feel it's necessary for us to have hourly updates on customs/delivery status. I cannot think of anything more important right now.
Great idea... Esprit did you get the radios from customs today as indicated in your earlier post? Are you working tomorrow to ship them out?
JDPG2 is offline Find More Posts by JDPG2
Old May 10, 2013, 07:33 PM
New York
Joined Feb 2002
3,056 Posts
OK...I've got a real brain stumper of a problem. I changed out a few of the switches on my DC-16, typically a 2-position switch for a 3-position, also a spring loaded for a non-spring loaded. I disconnected the battery before doing so.

Now when I move the aileron stick, the elevator servos move as well as the aileron servos. It's as though the same servos has been assigned to 2 different controls. I've checked all the settings. Everything appears to be normal. I cannot figure out what is causing this problem.

HELP!

Steve
Last edited by SteveR; May 10, 2013 at 07:42 PM.
Old May 10, 2013, 08:40 PM
Michael
United States, ME, Wells
Joined May 2008
1,075 Posts
Debugging Suggestions

Steve,
I changed a bunch of switches, added a stick momentary and a stick rotary knob - no interactions similar to what you describe. I also removed the battery, per the instructions.

I assume that you configured the switches so that the software knows what switch type is assigned to a particular switch.

After that, to help identify the problem, I would check the function assignment to see what is assigned to what. Then, the servo assignment menu to see if, somehow, the elevator servos are assigned to the same channel as the ailerons. Finally, I would look for a mix that might be enabled by one of the affected switches.

I'm just guessing, but that's the start of the debugging process that I would follow if I was faced with the same situation.

Michael
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
OK...I've got a real brain stumper of a problem. I changed out a few of the switches on my DC-16, typically a 2-position switch for a 3-position, also a spring loaded for a non-spring loaded. I disconnected the battery before doing so.

Now when I move the aileron stick, the elevator servos move as well as the aileron servos. It's as though the same servos has been assigned to 2 different controls. I've checked all the settings. Everything appears to be normal. I cannot figure out what is causing this problem.

HELP!

Steve
Snowflake6515 is online now Find More Posts by Snowflake6515
Old May 10, 2013, 10:10 PM
New York
Joined Feb 2002
3,056 Posts
Thanks Snowflake, found the problem!

Steve
Old May 11, 2013, 03:04 AM
Hampshire, U.K.
Joined Jun 2008
1,881 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Snowflake, found the problem!
Was it really too embarrassing to share?
Trevorh is offline Find More Posts by Trevorh
Old May 11, 2013, 07:03 AM
New York
Joined Feb 2002
3,056 Posts
Almost! 'Twas a case of dumb thumbs. Somehow I changed the tail configuration to Alivators which mixes ailerons and elevators. Don't ask me how I managed to do it!
Old May 11, 2013, 07:16 AM
NJ
Joined Jan 2000
475 Posts
Quote:
Almost! 'Twas a case of dumb thumbs. Somehow I changed the tail configuration to Alivators which mixes ailerons and elevators. Don't ask me how I managed to do it!
Your secret is safe with us . I imagine we all will have some teething pains with the new radio. Such flexibility will undoubtedly lead to some unique programming tweaks.
JDPG2 is offline Find More Posts by JDPG2
Old May 11, 2013, 05:02 PM
pwy
Sydney, Australia
Joined Sep 2007
116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model View Post
Looks like we are working this Saturday, the Jeti shipment will be released this afternoon. We will do final updates, quality checks and packing of all orders tomorrow.

Zb/Esprit Model
NO shipping notification
Did this happen?
pwy is offline Find More Posts by pwy
Old May 12, 2013, 02:00 AM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
Just got back from a holiday on the Greek island of Corfu at the RC Hotel. Took my DC-16 with me. Quite a bit of interest in the radio, especially all the audio from the telemetry

Programmed up my most complex model to date whilst over there a Martin Muller Magnum Reloaded:
Magnum Corfu (3 min 42 sec)
wildpalms is offline Find More Posts by wildpalms
Old May 12, 2013, 03:42 AM
Hampshire, U.K.
Joined Jun 2008
1,881 Posts
Very nice - how early in the morning did you have to get up to have the pool to yourselves?

Glad you were able to master the programming challenge!
Trevorh is offline Find More Posts by Trevorh
Old May 12, 2013, 06:58 AM
Bristol, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Apr 2004
47 Posts
Current sensor on RX battery?

Hi There

Is anyone using the Jeti MUI sensor (current) to measure the capacity used / available in receiver batteries?

I understand a number of people have got the sensor set up on their flight batteries but is anyone using them on their receiver battery?

Thanks in advance

Keith
groom_k is offline Find More Posts by groom_k
Old May 12, 2013, 08:45 AM
ltc
AMA 97737
United States, MA, Mendon
Joined Mar 2010
2,410 Posts
I believe the smallest MUI is scaled for 0-30A, 0-60V, and operates down to 3.5 VDC
http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-tele...t-voltage.aspx

I don't know what size or chemistry your Rx battery is, but there may be an issue rearding resolution of the measurement.
Depending on the number of bits used in the ADC (cant find it at the moment) your resolution will be:
10 bits: 29mA / 59mV
12 bits: 7.3mA / 14mV
16 bits: 0.45mA / 0.92mV

So, depending on how accurately you want to measure Rx battery capacity, it will work in the same manner as measuring a flight battery capacity.

Another alternative is to just measure Rx pack voltage or fly with redundant/ switched backupnRx batteries.
ltc is online now Find More Posts by ltc
Old May 12, 2013, 09:52 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1,056 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpalms View Post
Just got back from a holiday on the Greek island of Corfu at the RC Hotel. Took my DC-16 with me. Quite a bit of interest in the radio, especially all the audio from the telemetry

Programmed up my most complex model to date whilst over there a Martin Muller Magnum Reloaded: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=56XemmLV7YI
That looks like great fun. Nice vacation indeed
Puttputtmaru is offline Find More Posts by Puttputtmaru