HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 18, 2012, 05:45 AM
Supersonic Engineering
GordonTarling's Avatar
UK, Greater London, Uxbridge
Joined Mar 2001
3,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpalms View Post
Be nice if the official Jeti representative answered some of these questions rather than posting more telemetry marketing videos :-)
They've got nothing else to do except make videos until all the approvals are finished.
GordonTarling is offline Find More Posts by GordonTarling
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2012, 06:53 AM
Registered User
Boston, MA
Joined Jul 2004
44 Posts


Thanks very much guys, I appreciate the responses from across the pond!

Freddy
macchi is offline Find More Posts by macchi
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2012, 02:03 PM
Registered User
Joined May 2010
1,803 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonTarling View Post
They've got nothing else to do except make videos until all the approvals are finished.

Might sounds like a surprise for you but 95% of population lives outside of US.


We are actively working with Jeti developing new products. We have new R5 receiver coming that will be 5 channel/Satellite Rx.
Also Mezon ESCs are in production as well as new PowerBox and much is more coming.

Zb/Esprit Model
Esprit Model is online now Find More Posts by Esprit Model
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Esprit Model; Oct 19, 2012 at 11:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2012, 02:33 PM
Registered User
OldManY's Avatar
Russian Federation, Moscow, g. Moskva
Joined Sep 2009
47 Posts
Can I setup my ESC Jeti Spin 99 Opto via JetiBox emulator in my DC-16? When I connect ESC to receiver (in the telemetry IN through a wire for programming ESC), I see it in the menu, but settings and navigation not availablly...
OldManY is offline Find More Posts by OldManY
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:22 PM
Lou
Well, that should buff out.
United States, VA, Waynesboro
Joined Dec 2005
5,754 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model View Post
We are actively working with Jeti, developing new products. We have new R5 receiver coming that will be 5 channel/Satellite Rx.

Zb/Esprit Model
Would this new receiver be a full range receiver? I have a greater use for 4 and 5 channel full range receivers for gliders.

The fact that nothing below 9 channels is full range, have kept me from pre-ordering the DC-16.

thanks
Lou is offline Find More Posts by Lou
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:15 PM
Melbourne, FL
Joined Dec 2004
1,046 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obake View Post
Would this new receiver be a full range receiver? I have a greater use for 4 and 5 channel full range receivers for gliders.

The fact that nothing below 9 channels is full range, have kept me from pre-ordering the DC-16.

thanks
The first batch of receivers to be FCC approved will be the R11, R9, R7, R6 Lite, and R6 indoor. All of these with the exception of the R6 indoor are full range receivers. As ZB noted above, we have the R5 as well as the R14 and R18 coming too so there should be a receiver available for any application.

A quick note regarding the overall FCC certification project. The radios will be approved. We are working as hard as we can and we are very close.

Danny
Esprit Model
F1 Rocket is online now Find More Posts by F1 Rocket
Site Sponsor
Last edited by F1 Rocket; Oct 19, 2012 at 11:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:18 PM
Lou
Well, that should buff out.
United States, VA, Waynesboro
Joined Dec 2005
5,754 Posts
Thank you Danny, that is what I was more or less hoping to hear. I can go with a 7 channel in most cases. Will 5 channel full range be in a future offering?

What are the approximate distances for each range?

Are the trays to be available at the same time as the TX? I will buy the full package.
Lou is offline Find More Posts by Lou
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 20, 2012, 01:15 AM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1 Rocket View Post
The first batch of receivers to be FCC approved will be the R11, R9, R7, R6 Lite, and R6 indoor. All of these with the exception of the R6 indoor are full range receivers. As ZB noted above, we have the R5 as well as the R14 and R18 coming too so there should be a receiver available for any application.

A quick note regarding the overall FCC certification project. The radios will be approved. We are working as hard as we can and we are very close.

Danny
Esprit Model
I stand corrected for my earlier post. Another case of Jeti documentation being plain wrong :-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sensitivity_(electronics)

Dave
wildpalms is offline Find More Posts by wildpalms
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2012, 09:16 AM
Registered User
Geoff_S's Avatar
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Feb 2002
1,144 Posts
Dave, I'm a bit confused by your last post. What info was wrong ?

Oh, and congrats to Esprit for finally posting some info to their vendor forum (but failing to mention that they have done so anywhere else, like this thread for example )
Geoff_S is offline Find More Posts by Geoff_S
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2012, 10:25 AM
Registered User
Joined May 2010
1,803 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obake View Post
Thank you Danny, that is what I was more or less hoping to hear. I can go with a 7 channel in most cases. Will 5 channel full range be in a future offering?

What are the approximate distances for each range?

Are the trays to be available at the same time as the TX? I will buy the full package.
We would like to correct something, Jeti does not have short and long range receivers.

All of them are FULL Range, the only difference is that some of them have short antennas for installation on small models.

The R5 will have long antennas. We will have R5 and R5i (Indoor, Full range/Short Antenna)

Zb/Esprit Model
Esprit Model is online now Find More Posts by Esprit Model
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Esprit Model; Oct 20, 2012 at 12:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2012, 11:38 AM
Lou
Well, that should buff out.
United States, VA, Waynesboro
Joined Dec 2005
5,754 Posts
Thank you ZB. The 'parkflyer', 'indoor' and 'full range' distances I had read on your web site and that led to my confusion and question. I am glad to hear that all receivers will be full range.
Lou is offline Find More Posts by Lou
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 20, 2012, 12:55 PM
Supersonic Engineering
GordonTarling's Avatar
UK, Greater London, Uxbridge
Joined Mar 2001
3,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model View Post
We would like to correct something, Jeti does not have short and long range receivers.

All of them are FULL Range, the only difference is that some of them have short antennas for installation on small models.
My post #133 refers.

I use the 6 channel in my gliders, also 8 channel - never had a range problem - ever.
GordonTarling is offline Find More Posts by GordonTarling
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2012, 01:01 PM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_S View Post
Dave, I'm a bit confused by your last post. What info was wrong ?
In my post I said they weren't all full range. This was based on Jeti documentation. For example I quote the figures for the R7 & R9

R7
Power output: 6dbm
Receiver sensitivity: -98dbm

R9
Power output: 20dbm
Receiver sensitivity: -106dbm

General laws of physics suggest that the R9 would have more range by quite some considerable amount over the R7. You should also lose telemetry earlier on the R7 as much lower power. Bottom section of this link is good reading: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sensitivity_(electronics)

All I meant in my post above was the receiver specs are wrong as Jeti USA say they are all full range: see post above. One receiver can't have longer range than the other and both be full range.

Personally I stick to receivers like the R6 in models like 48" MXS and receivers like the R8 & R9 in my F3A and 50cc models but I'm probably just wasting money.

I was once told that the only difference with the indoor receivers was the null part of the antenna length. as Esprit says above. The reduction in path diversity not being a problem indoors.

Dave
wildpalms is offline Find More Posts by wildpalms
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2012, 01:55 PM
Registered User
Boston, MA
Joined Jul 2004
44 Posts
The dbm values do suggest different ranges; in a brief search I was not able to find equivalent figures from Futaba, JR, etc... to compare. A case of Jeti publishing too much information for once?

Freddy
macchi is offline Find More Posts by macchi
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2012, 04:41 AM
Supersonic Engineering
GordonTarling's Avatar
UK, Greater London, Uxbridge
Joined Mar 2001
3,134 Posts
All that those dbm figures tell you is that one receiver is a bit more sensitive than another. What it doesn't tell you is what the range IS under specific conditions. e.g. if the -98dbm gave 2km range, the the -106dbm could probably give 4km range (guess!), but the average modeller will never usually know the difference unless he's flying out of sight.
GordonTarling is offline Find More Posts by GordonTarling
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Jeti 2.4GHZ system with telemetry, easy-to-use sensors, and audio alarm! Julez Radios 1846 May 27, 2014 09:47 AM
Help! Can I run a 2.4GHz Radio and a 2.4GHz FPV system? MaNDoWn FPV Talk 14 Feb 08, 2014 01:47 PM
Discussion Jeti Duplex DC-16 Radio & Profi Wireless Downlink. Monitor/Record A/V/mAh/Speed real Esprit Model Radios 16 Jun 16, 2012 09:11 AM
Help! Jeti Duplex / updating firmware to EX VinceHaworth Radios 1 Feb 07, 2012 06:04 AM
Question Official Jeti DUPLEX 2.4 Range? Jose E Bruzual Hobby Express (Formerly Hobby Lobby) 3 Jun 01, 2009 12:58 PM