|Jul 17, 2012, 10:25 AM|
1992 Toyota Camry XLE (JT Vin = Japan) Major Maintenance
Hello Good People!
After a very long stay at the Paint & Body Shop, I was forced to perform some Major Maintenance on my 1992 Toyota Camry XLE with arppoximately 410,000 miles. Of course it has been maintained on a cyclic manner and not that I done something after this mileage
For additional Information to my quest in enhancing the appearance of my car:
The first thing to purchase was a brand new battery as the one I had on it was a 2007 Optima Battery (RED CASE) and the prices have gone through the roof on these gel batteries. I got this one instead and has the same 3 year replacement warranty as the Gel battery at 1/2 the cost.
A little insurance Policy:
After almost 410,000 miles that internals of the 2.2Liter Gasoline Engine (Non-California) looks great!
The reason for the Valve Cover missing is because the need to replace the Valve Cover Gasket as it was slightly leaking from the rear "or" Right side of the Engine (due to the lean of the Engine).
COMPLETE TUNE-UP was Performed: (Spark Plug Removal):
Installing a new Valve Cover Gasket:
Replacing the Positive Crankcase Valve (PVC):
NEW PVC VALVE!
NEW PVC GROMMET INSERT:
The method I use to make things easier to install tight fitting parts!
Removing Air Filter Housing (Both Pieces - Bottom and Upper):
Removing CAP & ROTOR (Recall this is a 1992 vintage vehicle):
Since I did not like the looks of the REPLACEMENT PARTS for the Distributor CAP & ROTOR and the Old parts were not that old nor worn, I decided to hold off and re-used these parts until I can order from the Dealer and get the actual TOYOTA Distributor Cap 7 Rotor parts. All I did was to lightly sand and clean these parts and they came out good as new.
NGK Spark Plug Wires are the recommended type for this car:
Showing off the new Spark Plug Wires and new PVC Valve with new Hose!
Performed a little Body Work as well because a good friend gave me as a present one Middle Rear Light Panel (1992 & 1993 models only) as the original one had lots of cracks and water was already finding its way inside so, the following picture shows the new one (TOP) and the Old (Bottom):
Transferring over the lights to the newer one:
Showing the Trunk Lid detail without the Middle Light Fixture:
Notice that I took no chances on the new Paint job and placed a beach towel to protect the paint on the bumper! The following picture shows the final installation of the Middle Light Lens Fixture.