SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 19, 2012, 04:00 AM
Joined May 2011
657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWShelton View Post
I have small hands. I'm all for easier programming! I already have a DX8 and a FS9x so the firmware would not be that advantageous. Now for the stupid question (I'm a noob) Whats a plus pot? If you were going to buy a small Walkera heli that comes with a 7E which one would you buy?
I mean the 7 has 3 more switches, the flight mode switch is 3 state intead of 2, and it has a knob (potentiometer) for AUX2...

I would definitely get the Ladybird if you don't have one, but it is rare with the 7E:
http://9imod.com/index.php?main_page...oducts_id=1834
http://www.rc711.com/shop/walkera-de...65_122_292_295
FDR_ is online now Find More Posts by FDR_
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:58 AM
Joined Sep 2012
37 Posts
It all depends on what do you want and what heli you will use.
In my case, I bought a MiniCP, so I needed a radio with telemetry; the cheapest is Devo7E.
The small size is no problem, is about the same size of my WL radio or Nine Eagles, so that's good.
The switches are pretty enough for MiniCP, 2 flights modes; normal and stunt are fine. May be a dual rate switch would be necessary, but you can set another memory slot for lower rate. I have set 2 exact the same profiles, one with agressive 100% rate and +10 EXP and the other with nice 70% rate and +40 EXP. Just select the one I'm going to fly and that's it.
The hold switch on the left for shutting off the motor is very useful.
The interface is the same as Devo10, with curve graphs, so is very very useful.
The biggest advantage of the 7E over the 7 is the screen. Any noob can program it and also understand what are you programing.

Devo 7 has more switches, but I'm sure you won't use them (the Gear, the Mix and the pots).

I think Devo 7E has all that you need for MiniCP and also for V120D02S, which I'm planning to buy soon...
dariobrit is online now Find More Posts by dariobrit
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:06 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,190 Posts
Id say the 7e is fine for anything up to the size of the master cp. Though if you intend to do advanced 3d a step up to the 10 would be better.
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Oct 28, 2012, 08:28 PM
United Kingdom, England, Sheffield
Joined Jun 2012
1,619 Posts
Could anyone help tell me if this is a big or i'm doing something wrong please. I made short vid but basically dual rates via FMOD work for elevator and rudder but not for Aileron.

Totally perplexed, manual does not mention anything that I can see, google holds no fruit.

Devo7E dual rates bug ? (0 min 44 sec)

Thanks very muchly

EDIT

New model entry works fine so must have been a setting I missed. No worries works fine at least.
microrcfiend is offline Find More Posts by microrcfiend
Last edited by microrcfiend; Oct 28, 2012 at 10:49 PM.
Old Nov 02, 2012, 06:05 PM
Joined Sep 2012
37 Posts
Is it normal that the cells (ni-mh) run out very fast? I'm using Sony cycleenergy 2100 (the white ones) and they're dead after 3 hours. I leave it turned on but I fly every 15 min...

Have anyone tried those lipo for DEVO6? they say to work fine, but I'm afraid about the voltage; those lipos are 2 cells 7,4v and the sticker in DEVO7E says "4 cells 1,5v" (4,8v).
dariobrit is online now Find More Posts by dariobrit
Old Nov 02, 2012, 08:06 PM
Austria
Joined Sep 2008
218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by microrcfiend View Post
Could anyone help tell me if this is a big or i'm doing something wrong please. I made short vid but basically dual rates via FMOD work for elevator and rudder but not for Aileron.
The same problem here. In my case none of the three(ELE, AIL, RUD) work. I think that this is a bug and unfortunately there are no updates for the Devo 7E in Walkera's website.

Does anybody know how to use the Device Output menu?
helicopter_new is offline Find More Posts by helicopter_new
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:02 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,301 Posts
anyone had signal loss issues with devo7e?

my master cp lost signal today after only 40 paces

light on rx is solid but fixed id wont work

tried many times
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:12 AM
Joined Sep 2009
11 Posts
I have same problem... signal lost with my Devo 7E and V120D02S up to 25 meters....

Anyone knows signal power of this TX??

Maybe 500 meters??

Because mine only 25 meters.......
planatlas is offline Find More Posts by planatlas
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:57 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by planatlas View Post
I have same problem... signal lost with my Devo 7E and V120D02S up to 25 meters....

Anyone knows signal power of this TX??

Maybe 500 meters??

Because mine only 25 meters.......
~10mW so it should be good for at least a couple of hundred metres. You should lose sight of a V120 before you lose signal.
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:09 AM
Joined Sep 2009
11 Posts
How is possible?
planatlas is offline Find More Posts by planatlas
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:30 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by planatlas View Post
How is possible?
You need to check the aerial on the RX I guess. make sure it's not grounded or touching anything, preferably as straight as possible and not hidden behind electronic or carbon fibre items.
Make sure you use fresh/fully charged batteries... keep away from metal or sources of potential interference/shielding (buildings, pylons, trees, etc...)... check all your connections to the RX as well - make sure they are tight.

Do you have another model to check the D7e range with? If it really is the TX then maybe you can get it replaced under warranty.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 05:34 AM
yud
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2012
57 Posts
I bought this cable to get some practice with my 7E and sims:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/280727339...84.m1439.l2649

(the page says it's compatible with Walkera)

I'm getting really erratic behaviour in different sims. Some controls don't work.

Is this cable not suitable for me? Do I have a faulty cable? or am I doing something wrong, such as missing settings on the 7E?

I'm a newby so any advice will be appreciated.
yud is offline Find More Posts by yud
Old Dec 18, 2012, 07:51 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,997 Posts
What sim are you using?
Old Dec 18, 2012, 08:42 AM
yud
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2012
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
What sim are you using?
I tried FMS, HeliSim RC and RealFlight G4
yud is offline Find More Posts by yud
Old Dec 18, 2012, 09:25 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,997 Posts
When you calibrate your TX can you see 7 channels operating?

What isn't working, can you give us more details?