HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:15 PM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,292 Posts
Xermalk, that error message is a throttle stick position warning, you should be able to get rid of the message by returning the throttle stick to 0.
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:38 PM
Joined May 2011
656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskoka1 View Post
Just got my Devo 7e / v120do2s v2 combo and I'm not at all happy with the Devo 7e. The collective stick is so stiff that it binds when you move it left to right. The cyclic stick is fine. I have contacted the vendor I got it from, hope something can be done. Trying to fly with the rudder sticking like this is nearly impossible. You can actually feel it binding when you try to give rudder. Here's a picture of the stick stuck in the corner. All I had to do was move it there and it stayed on it's own. Not a good start to my Walkera experience. Anyone else have a problem like this with their Devo radio?

Glen

Attachment 5085998
You can adjust the tension. Open it up and loosen the screw...

(Actually the DEVO 8 has holes on the back to the screws, so you don't even have to open it, but I don't know the 7E...)
FDR_ is offline Find More Posts by FDR_
Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:12 AM
Joined Jun 2008
472 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
Ent -> third menu item - > first menu item and you have language settings.
You're a star many thanks, now i can have a play around until my rx comes..
fishfiend is offline Find More Posts by fishfiend
Old Aug 16, 2012, 07:18 AM
Canada, ON, Muskoka
Joined Jul 2011
667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDR_ View Post
You can adjust the tension. Open it up and loosen the screw...

(Actually the DEVO 8 has holes on the back to the screws, so you don't even have to open it, but I don't know the 7E...)
I've already adjusted the tension of the up and down movement of the stick (ratchet), this thing is binding left to right, the rudder channel, not pitch/throttle. There's no adjustment for left to right that I can see, other than the return spring, that's not adjustable that I can see. It's binding plastic to plastic, just poor quality fit by the looks of it. The cyclic stick right to left movement is very smooth.
Muskoka1 is offline Find More Posts by Muskoka1
Old Aug 16, 2012, 08:02 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,971 Posts
Mine was fine. Both sticks were very smooth. If you can't see how to fix it then I'd suggest trying to get a replacement.
thwaitm is online now Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Aug 16, 2012, 08:21 AM
Canada, ON, Muskoka
Joined Jul 2011
667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
Mine was fine. Both sticks were very smooth. If you can't see how to fix it then I'd suggest trying to get a replacement.
Why should I have to fix anything, it's brand new. Here's another picture at mid stick, might show what it's doing a little better, push the stick left or right and it stays there, doesn't return to center.

My vendor has suggested I return the unit, great, how much is that going to cost. I've already had a look inside to adjust the tension of the stick (throttle), but I might see if I can get the stick apart and see where it's binding. Considering the combo price of this thing was probably only $50, it's probably not worth paying the shipping to return it. Has anyone had one of these sticks apart?

Name: IMG_0565 (Medium).JPG
Views: 133
Size: 106.9 KB
Description:
Old Aug 16, 2012, 05:10 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskoka1 View Post
Why should I have to fix anything, it's brand new. Here's another picture at mid stick, might show what it's doing a little better, push the stick left or right and it stays there, doesn't return to center.

My vendor has suggested I return the unit, great, how much is that going to cost. I've already had a look inside to adjust the tension of the stick (throttle), but I might see if I can get the stick apart and see where it's binding. Considering the combo price of this thing was probably only $50, it's probably not worth paying the shipping to return it. Has anyone had one of these sticks apart?

Attachment 5086484
Is it actually stiff when you move it or does it move freely but just stays where you put it?
If it's free, then check the spring attachments. Maybe one is off or the cam is somehow disengaged...
Mine's ~9000km away so I can't check it at the moment.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 08:01 PM
Canada, ON, Muskoka
Joined Jul 2011
667 Posts
It's stiff when you move it, like two faces are rubbing against each other. I looked inside again and the springs are all fine, it's clean, nothings stuck in there. I can move it to all 4 corners and not every time but probably eight out of ten I can let go of the stick and it will stay right there in the corner. It also does the same at mid stick left and right. I have made a proposal to the vendor I got it from. I'm asking to upgrade to the Devo 10 and pay the difference, sounds fair enough. They can send this defective unit back for a refund, it's not my problem, the radio is defective.

It's a shame because the cyclic stick is very smooth, and I like the size. Already have a Dx8, but wanted to enjoy some of these Walkera micros. Can only wait and see what the vendor says.

Glen
Old Aug 17, 2012, 03:01 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,879 Posts
Sounds like the fit is just slightly to large on the stick grip. No clue if one can disassemble the stick, but if you could some sandpaper should solve the issue.
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Aug 17, 2012, 08:03 AM
Canada, ON, Muskoka
Joined Jul 2011
667 Posts
I took a good look at it from the inside, didn't really feel like taking it apart. I also figured I may be able to take some really fine sandpaper to it, not worth the hassle.

Anyways, my vendor has informed me that they will do a swap for a Devo 10, I pay the price difference. I asked them to try it out before shipping, don't want to have to do this again. Will see how it goes.

Glen
Old Aug 17, 2012, 05:01 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,971 Posts
Good luck. D10 is nice.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 05:02 PM
Ready to fly a real Heli now!
Joined Aug 2011
64 Posts
Quote:
The Devo7E is best for children and ladies who might have trouble to reach around the larger Tx or if you travel with your flying things and need a compact Tx.
Thanks for considering us ladies in this review. I'm reading about this one and another radio (Futaba) to upgrade from my Blade 120 SR RTF stock model. Also want something I can use with a flight sim.
TM70s is offline Find More Posts by TM70s
Old Sep 14, 2012, 07:38 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABlue View Post
Thanks for considering us ladies in this review. I'm reading about this one and another radio (Futaba) to upgrade from my Blade 120 SR RTF stock model. Also want something I can use with a flight sim.
It's a shame that it doesn't have all the functions and features of the 10 but just in a smaller box but if you can live with just one stunt mode and THHOLD without gear/mix etc settings its not a bad unit at all. The menus on the 7 and 10 are clear and easily read whether at the field or infront of the PC.

Good luck with your choice!

(If you're a little tech savy then there might also be a Deviation firmware for the 7e and 10 some time in the future. This will make the 7e and 10 directly compatible with 3rd party receivers)
Old Sep 14, 2012, 08:07 PM
Ready to fly a real Heli now!
Joined Aug 2011
64 Posts
Quote:
It's a shame that it doesn't have all the functions and features of the 10 but just in a smaller box but if you can live with just one stunt mode and THHOLD without gear/mix etc settings its not a bad unit at all. The menus on the 7 and 10 are clear and easily read whether at the field or infront of the PC.

Good luck with your choice!

(If you're a little tech savy then there might also be a Deviation firmware for the 7e and 10 some time in the future. This will make the 7e and 10 directly compatible with 3rd party receivers)
Thanks a bunch! I'm a little tech savvy but not yet ready for stunt mode. Still in my early learning stages.

What am I missing not having the THHOLD "gear/mix" option?

Will the 7e bind easily with my 120 SR?
TM70s is offline Find More Posts by TM70s
Old Sep 14, 2012, 08:18 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABlue View Post
Thanks a bunch! I'm a little tech savvy but not yet ready for stunt mode. Still in my early learning stages.

What am I missing not having the THHOLD "gear/mix" option?

Will the 7e bind easily with my 120 SR?
You're not missing much with no gear switch, but without a mix switch you can't alter the gyro setting without entering into the menu system. It's not so important most of the time.

It won't, as is, bind with your 120SR. It's for Walkera receivers only...
The Deviation firmware will allow that but it is only available for the 6, 8 and 12 systems at this time.