HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 02, 2012, 02:20 PM
Joined Jul 2010
22 Posts
Maybe one of you guys can answer my question for me. I just got a Devo 10 for a edf jet project im working on, turned on the radio, connected my battery to my esc and the light on my rx1002 devo reciever is blinking red. Push the throttle up, no responce. I have tried binding the reciever and transmitter, but i have no clue if im doing it right. Can anyone give me some ideas what i might be doing wrong or need to do?
wranglerguy77 is offline Find More Posts by wranglerguy77
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2012, 02:24 PM
Joined May 2011
654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglerguy77 View Post
Maybe one of you guys can answer my question for me. I just got a Devo 10 for a edf jet project im working on, turned on the radio, connected my battery to my esc and the light on my rx1002 devo reciever is blinking red. Push the throttle up, no responce. I have tried binding the reciever and transmitter, but i have no clue if im doing it right. Can anyone give me some ideas what i might be doing wrong or need to do?
Turn on the tx, and within 10 seconds (between the two beeps) connect the battery.
After the second beep it won't bind...

If it doesn't help, you should try to clear the fixed id from the receiver with the bind plug, which is rather an unbind plug...
FDR_ is offline Find More Posts by FDR_
Old Aug 02, 2012, 06:50 PM
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,332 Posts
You can also turn on your RX first and then your TX. This will confirm if you need to use your unbind plug.
Be aware that I have also encountered differences between the docs and the placing of the unbind plug and even the unbind plug configuration.
You need to short the signal (normally of ELEV) to either ground or +5V. You may have to test all combinations of channel and GND/+V before you finally get the slow 'unbound' flashing.

Clearing a fixed ID on a Walkera Rx (0 min 37 sec)

Binding a Walkera TX to RX (0 min 27 sec)
thwaitm is online now Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Aug 03, 2012, 07:46 AM
Joined Jul 2010
22 Posts
Ok I will give that a try guys, thanxs. If I get a chance ill video how im doing it yal can see if im doing it right. Its got me frustrated lol. This is my first high tech transmitter and this has halt me on anymore progress on my jet, i need to get all my servos neutraled out before I stick them in.
Old Aug 03, 2012, 08:52 PM
China, Guangdong
Joined Oct 2011
755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfiend View Post
Banggood..if something looks too good to be true, it often is... more fool me!
Best price,best customer service.The New walkera 7E upgrades from walkera 7,the price drops a lot compared with walkera series TX.
Aaron qin is offline Find More Posts by Aaron qin
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 03, 2012, 09:00 PM
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron qin View Post
Best price,best customer service.The New walkera 7E upgrades from walkera 7,the price drops a lot compared with walkera series TX.
The 7E is not so much an upgrade from the 7 as an alternative. The 10 is an upgrade from the 7.
The 7E is a low cost, brother of the LCD screened 6. Even the main board inside is a 6F 2.0 version.

Great for smaller hands and menu is way better than the 7 but the 7 actually has more functionality and more switches.
Old Aug 04, 2012, 07:44 AM
Joined Jul 2010
22 Posts
Thwaitm and FDR_ thanxs guys, last night I got the binding to finally work! Now i can proceed with my building!!
Old Aug 04, 2012, 12:51 PM
Joined Jun 2008
466 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, I must admit, I went to live chat and the operator sorted me out, got the stuff in stock sent out immediately, and the transmitter was to be in stock in 5 days, and that's now showing as shipped...haven't got anything yet though....
fishfiend is offline Find More Posts by fishfiend
Old Aug 05, 2012, 11:03 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDR_ View Post
Cool, thanks!

So the mcu and the spi flash is known, but interestingly they used some cheepo looking tx module in it!
All the previous DEVO's used the replacable WK-21201 RF module... (except the 2402D)
Hrm, does this mean that changing modules will be out of the question for the 7E? Or still doable with soldering?

After having a quick look at the pictures id say this would be very hard.
Darn, should have gone for a devo 10 instead. Bought the Devo 7E hoping id be able to still use it if i decided to go for larger helis. Seems that will only happen if i stick to walkera now. The smaller size of the 7e was perfect for me.
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Aug 06, 2012, 01:51 AM
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
Hrm, does this mean that changing modules will be out of the question for the 7E? Or still doable with soldering?

After having a quick look at the pictures id say this would be very hard.
Darn, should have gone for a devo 10 instead. Bought the Devo 7E hoping id be able to still use it if i decided to go for larger helis. Seems that will only happen if i stick to walkera now. The smaller size of the 7e was perfect for me.
It's still a full 7 channel TX though you sacrifice the ability to throttle hold for gear control or stunt mode for gyro control but I think you could easily fly a well set up V450 with this TX. The range is fine for way more than 100m by which time your 450 is a pretty small speck! If you change the antenna for a larger gain version (see the Devo TX Hacking thread or the Devo 6 thread for a how-to) you'll have all the power you need.

If you really need more then the Devo 10 is a marvellous step up. I really like the 10. I like my 8 too because things are quick to get too but in bright sun the 10 has the clearest display, even after my friend FDR_ made an improved display library!
Old Aug 13, 2012, 06:44 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,248 Posts
So, ill be picking up my devo 7e toady. Anyone got som recommended settings for a minicp?
Old Aug 13, 2012, 07:57 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,248 Posts
Quote:
No packaging what so ever besides a thin plastic bag?

Damaged insulation ot the battery tray.
My Spare minicp tail has a bent tailfin, the canopy is squashed.

Edit: Update, managed to get the controller to boot up but everything is in chinese. And the manual disc is scrached so it cant open the pdf, can anyone upload it to a filehost/online viewer?

Update 2: seems i jumped the gun on the tx, it seems to be ok. managed to get it to bind to my mcp and change language to english.
Not going to fly with it tough till iv tested the tx in a sim.

Update 3: seems i jumped the gun because i was scared with the state the boxes arrived. The Devo 7E works just fine. However im going to have to do something abit more permanent then soem tape on the exposed power wire.

As for the bent tail support and the partially squashed canopy ill just ingore them, to mutch of a pita to rma them.
Last edited by Xermalk; Sep 12, 2012 at 12:37 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 02:25 PM
Joined Jun 2008
466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
Wth banggood, No packaging what so ever besides a thin plastic bag?

Damaged insulation ot the battery tray, Chineses error message + beepin g when i power on the tx.
My Spare minicp tail has a bent tailfin, the canopy is crushed.

Now my new Minicp is grounded until this gets sorted.

Edit: Update, managed to get the controller to boot up but everything is in chinese. And the manual disc is scrached so it cant open the pdf, can anyone upload it to a filehost/online viewer?

Update 2: seems i jumped the gun on the tx, it seems to be ok. managed to get it to bind to my mcp and change language to english.
Not going to fly with it tough till iv tested the tx in a sim.

Update 3: seems i jumped the gun because i was scared with the state the boxes arrived. The Devo 7E works just fine. However im going to have to do something abit more permanent then soem tape on the exposed power wire.

As for the bent tail support and the partially squashed canopy ill just ingore them, to mutch of a pita to rma them.
Bah! just got mine from banggood, white box, two cables a bit bashed like yours but working fine in the sim,although I can't seem to get idle up switch..Hmm how did you change the language i'm having trouble.........

Oh yeah no disc in mine either...heyho ..!
fishfiend is offline Find More Posts by fishfiend
Last edited by fishfiend; Aug 15, 2012 at 02:32 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 06:35 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfiend View Post
Bah! just got mine from banggood, white box, two cables a bit bashed like yours but working fine in the sim,although I can't seem to get idle up switch..Hmm how did you change the language i'm having trouble.........

Oh yeah no disc in mine either...heyho ..!
Ent -> third menu item - > first menu item and you have language settings.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 10:55 PM
Canada, ON, Muskoka
Joined Jul 2011
654 Posts
Just got my Devo 7e / v120do2s v2 combo and I'm not at all happy with the Devo 7e. The collective stick is so stiff that it binds when you move it left to right. The cyclic stick is fine. I have contacted the vendor I got it from, hope something can be done. Trying to fly with the rudder sticking like this is nearly impossible. You can actually feel it binding when you try to give rudder. Here's a picture of the stick stuck in the corner. All I had to do was move it there and it stayed on it's own. Not a good start to my Walkera experience. Anyone else have a problem like this with their Devo radio?

Glen

Name: 7e (Medium).jpg
Views: 288
Size: 119.6 KB
Description:
Muskoka1 is offline Find More Posts by Muskoka1