SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 29, 2013, 01:39 PM
United States, MA, Plymouth
Joined Jan 2013
1,305 Posts
A question -

I keep leaving my TX on, as this is the first tx and helicopter combo I have where it's procedure to turn the TX on first, then the helicopter. When done flying, I keep unhooking the helicopter battery before turning off the TX, but then I keep forgetting to turn off the TX.

Is there some kind of an alarm feature or sleep function that can alert me if I've left the TX on and unbound?
Arr0wHead is offline Find More Posts by Arr0wHead
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:44 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,997 Posts
Not that I've found. The annoying this way that in the WK radios at least there was an LED to show that you've left the thing on instead of just a dark LCD screen with dark writing. Uses less battery maybe but for the sake of a couple of mAh I'd be happier with a LED there... user hack maybe?
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:58 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,249 Posts
With deviation you can set the LCD screen to be always on. Not sure if you can do that on the stock firmware.
Xermalk is offline Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:43 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
596 Posts
How far away is deviation for the 7e?
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:12 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,249 Posts
The alpha is already out, but you have to build it yourself. Iv been running it for the past weeks.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:13 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,691 Posts
Seen the builds shared by others on the devo7 development thread.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:45 PM
Caution: Noob in training
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Jun 2007
878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
happier with a LED there... user hack maybe?
The clear "V" could be lit up like the devo6, there is a black board behind it that could just have a single hole drilled and LED installed as the V is designed for a single LED in it's centre. LCD backlight LED seems to be pins 17 and 18 of the LCD so could tap power there, but the V would only light up when the backlight is on, so you'd have to change settings to be permanently on. Haven't looked for an existing "always on" power source yet.
RoGuE_StreaK is offline Find More Posts by RoGuE_StreaK
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:54 PM
Joined Jan 2013
1,305 Posts
When I got it, I just assumed it would light up when bound to something. I was bummed to find it didn't light up at all.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:14 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
The alpha is already out, but you have to build it yourself. Iv been running it for the past weeks.
Sorry but what you mean by build it?
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:37 AM
Joined May 2011
657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITS ME DAVID View Post
Sorry but what you mean by build it?
Compile from source code...
FDR_ is offline Find More Posts by FDR_
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:09 PM
Joined May 2010
26 Posts
I went back and forth for a while between going with an NCPX and a DX6i or a Super CP with Devo 7e, but eventually settled on the Super CP 7E combo due to it being around $100 cheaper. After reading everything I'm less interested than I initially was in making it Blade / HH DSM2/DSMX compatible, as it seems the deviation firmware for the 7E messes with the range of the heli.

If I'm only planning on using it for the Super CP and maybe a Master CP down the road a little, is the range going to be adequate? I like to fly outside although I only have experience with an MSR. Will a 7E provide enough range for a Master CP?
brad24 is offline Find More Posts by brad24
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:11 PM
Joined Jan 2013
1,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad24 View Post
as it seems the deviation firmware for the 7E messes with the range of the heli.
The issue with Deviation was fixed in one day.

The underlying problem is that the 7e has a limited range. Deviation doesn't make it any more limited.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:18 PM
Joined May 2010
26 Posts
gotcha, well then let me revert to the 2nd part of my post, the actual question hahaah

If I'm only planning on using it for the Super CP and maybe a Master CP down the road a little, is the range going to be adequate? I like to fly outside although I only have experience with an MSR. Will a 7E provide enough range for a fast moving Master CP?

Edit: I know the Master CP is bundled with the 7E in RTF form but with all the range discussion on the 7E I'm wondering if thats just a cheap cop out on Walkera's part
brad24 is offline Find More Posts by brad24
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:31 PM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arr0wHead View Post
A question - Is there some kind of an alarm feature or sleep function that can alert me if I've left the TX on and unbound?
Yes there is...

ENT
MODEL MENU
ENT
SENSOR SETTING
ENT
Sensor Staus - Active
No signal Warning - Active

This way when you unplug the battery on your model the Tx will lose it's signal and the alarm will sound. I have it set for the same reason, forgetting to turn off the Tx.
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:32 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad24 View Post
gotcha, well then let me revert to the 2nd part of my post, the actual question hahaah

If I'm only planning on using it for the Super CP and maybe a Master CP down the road a little, is the range going to be adequate? I like to fly outside although I only have experience with an MSR. Will a 7E provide enough range for a fast moving Master CP?

Edit: I know the Master CP is bundled with the 7E in RTF form but with all the range discussion on the 7E I'm wondering if thats just a cheap cop out on Walkera's part
If you do get a 7E for a Master, be carfull when doing Fast Forward Flight. You can actually fly out of range with the devo 7E.

For the master i would recommend the 7 or better the 10.