Old Jul 16, 2012, 11:06 PM
Koo
A semi-advanced FPV newbie
United States, OH, Oxford
Joined Mar 2012
1,147 Posts
Discussion
My homemade mic messing up with my 9x??

So after realizing that having a mic on my fpv system would be a really nice addition, I decided to take a mic from my old headphones and wire it with help of my father. Well the sound sucked but I thought I could have an idea of my speed based on the wind. As it happened, on my flights with this setup, my 9x receiver was just below the mic. The first with I flew with this setup, I blamed my poopy flying on the wind and didn't think anything of the mic.

The signal on my fpv gear was completely fine, the transmitter is on the opposite end of the plane.
Today, I had 2 flights and both ended up in crashes.
On the first one, my elevator went crazy and my motor stopped spinning after some point. My battery was less than half full so I thought changing it would fix the issue.
Second flight was even worse, the engine was completely cut after I got 50 meters away where I was, went down but the only thing that was broken was my nose.
Another thing I noticed: After walking towards the plane, the esc was doing the beeping kind of noise that it does after there is no signal from tx. It was doing this when I was less than 20 meters away.

The question is, should I throw my mic to trash and order a decent one from ebay or somewhere or should I place it on a better position and maybe put a condenser on it? There is a lot of background noise from it.
Koo is offline Find More Posts by Koo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 17, 2012, 05:05 PM
Koo
Joined Mar 2012
1,147 Posts
Guys I am still confused. Can a mic interfere with your radio signals?
Old Jul 18, 2012, 09:11 PM
Koo
Joined Mar 2012
1,147 Posts
Ugh, if anyone could help me I'd really appreciate it