HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jul 23, 2012, 12:48 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flycracker View Post
Very well written and your experience well documented.

Too often people in this hobby are willing to give an on line shop way too much
leeway when there are problems.
Ie: purchase a PNP plane and then start replacing weak or defective parts, doing mods to make it flyable. Happens too often.

It appears that Cermark is having problems that they are not able to correct. The RC hobby business is highly competitive and will eliminate those who can't keep up and provide good product and top service.

It's too bad that Steve doesn't come on here and defend his actions. I doubt any of us here want him to lose his business.
Rich

People in this hobby, and I think people in general, are for the most part understanding and sometimes patient, and even forgiving when transactions both online and otherwise don't go perfectly. There isn't a company out there that has a 100% customer satisfaction rating. The fact is however that some people are better off dealing with brick and mortar stores. And even then...ever try to make a return to Target or Best Buy lately? They can be pretty nasty right to your face.

As for PNP planes being mod'd after purchase, check through the threads on any plane here, again, there are very few of them out there that don't get changed or modified or for that matter have parts that wear out and break down.

As for the company having problems that they can't correct, that seems like a pretty big leap to make no? As for a rep not being in this thread, I'm guessing they are not in every thread that pops up.

Guess my feeling is that one bump in the road wouldn't stop me from dealing with a company with a pretty good track record of products and service.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 23, 2012, 01:57 PM
Rich
flycracker's Avatar
USA, SC, Lexington
Joined Sep 2001
1,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
People in this hobby, and I think people in general, are for the most part understanding and sometimes patient, and even forgiving when transactions both online and otherwise don't go perfectly. There isn't a company out there that has a 100% customer satisfaction rating. The fact is however that some people are better off dealing with brick and mortar stores. And even then...ever try to make a return to Target or Best Buy lately? They can be pretty nasty right to your face.

As for PNP planes being mod'd after purchase, check through the threads on any plane here, again, there are very few of them out there that don't get changed or modified or for that matter have parts that wear out and break down.

As for the company having problems that they can't correct, that seems like a pretty big leap to make no? As for a rep not being in this thread, I'm guessing they are not in every thread that pops up.

Guess my feeling is that one bump in the road wouldn't stop me from dealing with a company with a pretty good track record of products and service.
I cant argue with your response. I may have been a bit hard on Cermark.


I have been buying on line for many years and have been very fortunate in my dealings. There have been no problems that weren't promptly handled and in many cases the shop went beyond what would be expected.

My Fly Eagle is all ready, looks good, all proper to the eye. Balanced at 75 mm. Test glide from a 10 ft embankment resulted in an immediate very short flight at a 30 degree angle(down). No damage, just a problem to be solved. Another member had same thing. Very nose heavy, added quarters to tail, shimmed the wing saddle. Perhaps there is an incidence problem?? You have been around for awhile. Got any words of encouragement? Can't change the stab, that's for sure.
Rich

Rich
flycracker is offline Find More Posts by flycracker
Last edited by flycracker; Jul 23, 2012 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Info
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 03:17 PM
Rangers Lead the Way
Joined Mar 2010
2,203 Posts
No, you weren't. This company has moved to dishonest business practices. After phone conversation with Alex where he said ship it in and we'll replace, I returned a defective Neo 10. That was 4 months ago. Multiple phone calls later including getting Alex on the phone again, promising it would be in the mail that day, zip. They were a good company 2 years ago, but I would not do business with them today, which is too bad considering they have decent products.

Steve - I don't know what's happening at your company, but the wheels have come off.
TTRotary is online now Find More Posts by TTRotary
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2012, 10:20 AM
RISC - SCRCC - AMA member
bluzjamer's Avatar
United States, RI, Warwick
Joined Apr 2010
151 Posts
I was thinking about buying one of these but now won't due to what what was said here.
No need for a company that won't stand behind it's product. You should have used AmEx.
they would have taken it right off your bill.
bluzjamer is offline Find More Posts by bluzjamer
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2012, 11:31 AM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluzjamer View Post
I was thinking about buying one of these but now won't due to what what was said here.
No need for a company that won't stand behind it's product. You should have used AmEx.
they would have taken it right off your bill.
You make a purchase decision based on what one person says versus a company that has been doing business how long? Interesting.

You might want to go back and look at the original post. OP called the company and they said they would give him a replacement. . Doesn't that pretty much say it all about how they deal with customers? From that point on the facts are kinda fuzzy. It's not clear that the company ever received the servo back, and the OP decided against the most proactive way of resolving this, which would have been to call the company back.

Any credit card would have put a chargeback on the purchase but in this scenario the vendor would probably get their payment. FYI I love Amex, they are probably the best card to deal with.

Also FWIW I have no affiliation with Cermark, I've flown some of their planes and like em, but don't own any. Just think it's fair to have perspective and full context when someone comes and badmouths a vendor. I would like to see the vendor respond too, but don't know that it's practical to respond to every complaint online.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 26, 2012, 02:08 PM
Rangers Lead the Way
Joined Mar 2010
2,203 Posts
Porcia, please stop plugging for them. Yes, they were a good company in the past, but not anymore. I don't know what is going on there, but things have changed. This is sad because I remember having conversations with Steve and him being a good guy. That is over now. And, telling people you will replace and not delivering, means you are lying and not in fact replacing. It is a consistent problem with Cermark for about 9 months now, and there are other threads to this effect.

It makes no sense for you to attempt damage control when you have no direct experience with the issues. We have, and we're telling the truth. The company is totally effed up and that is how it is. Case closed, with all due respect, of course.
TTRotary is online now Find More Posts by TTRotary
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2012, 03:20 PM
Rich
flycracker's Avatar
USA, SC, Lexington
Joined Sep 2001
1,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
You make a purchase decision based on what one person says versus a company that has been doing business how long? Interesting.

You might want to go back and look at the original post. OP called the company and they said they would give him a replacement. . Doesn't that pretty much say it all about how they deal with customers? From that point on the facts are kinda fuzzy. It's not clear that the company ever received the servo back, and the OP decided against the most proactive way of resolving this, which would have been to call the company back.

Any credit card would have put a chargeback on the purchase but in this scenario the vendor would probably get their payment. FYI I love Amex, they are probably the best card to deal with.

Also FWIW I have no affiliation with Cermark, I've flown some of their planes and like em, but don't own any. Just think it's fair to have perspective and full context when someone comes and badmouths a vendor. I would like to see the vendor respond too, but don't know that it's practical to respond to every complaint online.
Really don't understand your persistent defense of Cermark. You may not be aware of the problems described in the other thread.
In any event I am out of here.
flycracker is offline Find More Posts by flycracker
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2012, 03:37 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Reading is fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTRotary View Post
Porcia, please stop plugging for them. Yes, they were a good company in the past, but not anymore. I don't know what is going on there, but things have changed. This is sad because I remember having conversations with Steve and him being a good guy. That is over now. And, telling people you will replace and not delivering, means you are lying and not in fact replacing. It is a consistent problem with Cermark for about 9 months now, and there are other threads to this effect.

It makes no sense for you to attempt damage control when you have no direct experience with the issues. We have, and we're telling the truth. The company is totally effed up and that is how it is. Case closed, with all due respect, of course.
All due respect indeed.

Rather than accuse me of "plugging for them" spend some time going back and reading my posts.

Comprehension might be a valid concern here, so I'll note (again) I don't own their products, I haven't purchased anything from them, and I have never had dealings with them. Hope that clears things up.

Haven't done damage control either. When people keep noting how this company wouldn't back their products up, I just have to note that the OP said the company would back their products up. That was in his earlier post right? There is nothing here to show that they got anything returned to them. The OP admits he didn't follow up by phone.

That others would have their own issues with Cermark is not surprising in the least. If you have the data, I'd love for you to show me an online retailer, in ANY field, that has a 100% satisfaction rating. The rep for Cermark has been quite candid actually that they had some service issues over the past few months. Do you see that in other vendor threads? And maybe, just maybe, given the overall volume of there business versus the number of service issues that crop up, they are on par with any other vendor out there?

It's surprising to me that a person would take ONE other person's negative experience and decide not to use that company. That's baffling to me. Again, use any comparison out there, If I posted a thread that I had a not so great (and as of yet unfinished) transaction with Kia cars, how odd would it be for another person to say, well that does it, I won't buy that car. How about they try the car themselves?

When people posts these threads, and then others respond in kind without anything to back them up, it only seems right to question what they are saying and try to present an alternative view. Like for instance someone said the following:

".....I don't know what is going on there, but things have changed. That is over now. And, telling people you will replace and not delivering, means you are lying and not in fact replacing....."

They gave no proof of this, and have no evidence that anyone involved was lying.

Bottom line, you don't have to be involved with a company to try to see both sides of the coin. If people want to have one position and refuse to entertain anything, what can you do right?

It is what it is.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 26, 2012, 03:41 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flycracker View Post
Really don't understand your persistent defense of Cermark. You may not be aware of the problems described in the other thread.
In any event I am out of here.
Here is what I recall of your last comments:

I cant argue with your response. I may have been a bit hard on Cermark.


Sorry to see you go.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 26, 2012, 05:12 PM
Rangers Lead the Way
Joined Mar 2010
2,203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
All due respect indeed.

Rather than accuse me of "plugging for them" spend some time going back and reading my posts.

Comprehension might be a valid concern here, so I'll note (again) I don't own their products, I haven't purchased anything from them, and I have never had dealings with them. Hope that clears things up.

Haven't done damage control either. When people keep noting how this company wouldn't back their products up, I just have to note that the OP said the company would back their products up. That was in his earlier post right? There is nothing here to show that they got anything returned to them. The OP admits he didn't follow up by phone.

That others would have their own issues with Cermark is not surprising in the least. If you have the data, I'd love for you to show me an online retailer, in ANY field, that has a 100% satisfaction rating. The rep for Cermark has been quite candid actually that they had some service issues over the past few months. Do you see that in other vendor threads? And maybe, just maybe, given the overall volume of there business versus the number of service issues that crop up, they are on par with any other vendor out there?

It's surprising to me that a person would take ONE other person's negative experience and decide not to use that company. That's baffling to me. Again, use any comparison out there, If I posted a thread that I had a not so great (and as of yet unfinished) transaction with Kia cars, how odd would it be for another person to say, well that does it, I won't buy that car. How about they try the car themselves?

When people posts these threads, and then others respond in kind without anything to back them up, it only seems right to question what they are saying and try to present an alternative view. Like for instance someone said the following:

".....I don't know what is going on there, but things have changed. That is over now. And, telling people you will replace and not delivering, means you are lying and not in fact replacing....."

They gave no proof of this, and have no evidence that anyone involved was lying.

Bottom line, you don't have to be involved with a company to try to see both sides of the coin. If people want to have one position and refuse to entertain anything, what can you do right?

It is what it is.
What is it about "promised to send me a replacement motor 3 times by phone but never did" that you do not get? This is MY experience. They are lucky I'm busy or I'd take them to small claims or stop by Signal Hill personally to collect my collateral.

You suggest others lack reading comprehension but you clearly are not too hot in that department yourself. And if you would bother to read, you'd see that there are no less than 3 other threads on same issue in the vendor section. Yet you persist in doubting...odd. We get you want vendors to have a fair hearing. These guys are the wrong application of that philosophy because they have been given mutliple chances to get it right and dont. Perhaps you should buy what's left of the business. You obviously care more about Cermark than its employees, who can't even be bothered to respond / monitor their own vendor section. That's a little wierd, don't you think?

In any case, enough time wasted - I'm also outta here.
TTRotary is online now Find More Posts by TTRotary
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2012, 08:21 AM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Hey, you got me....I can't argue with that keen insight and logic. You win. I'll go ahead and grab a torch and pitchfork and march with the others, is that better?
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 02, 2012, 09:06 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2012
11 Posts
Why is steve being that way?
moneytrain is offline Find More Posts by moneytrain
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 02, 2012, 10:21 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
I wonder the same. He has been on the threads before, and they are not exactly glowing at this point. Who knows.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 08, 2012, 06:40 PM
Have you seen my nut?
Lithonion's Avatar
Omaha, Nebraska
Joined Mar 2006
2,417 Posts
I think you can add me to the list. I placed an order the 28th of July and it has not shipped. No answer on emails or the phone either. But, they did not charge my card so I am not sweating it atm. I will try and keep you posted.
Lithonion is offline Find More Posts by Lithonion
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 09, 2012, 08:00 AM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
You would have thought their rep who was online yesterday, and has been on consistently over the past two months would have responded.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rant Bad Business Practices at HobbyPartz.com GLEvideo HobbyPartz.com 76 Dec 06, 2010 07:33 PM
Freddy418 and Poor Sales Practices Navy Diver Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Jan 27, 2004 09:44 AM
Lite Machines- bad business practice Rocket58 Electric Heli Talk 14 Aug 06, 2002 12:26 AM