HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 16, 2012, 08:53 PM
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Jan 2012
2 Posts
Rant
Avoid Cermark, poor business practices

Purchased a $25 9257 clone tail servo from a LHS. Which died after a couple of flights. LHS said I had to deal with Cermark for warranty.

Contacted Cermark via telephone and they were very friendly on the phone, told me they would be happy to replace the servo, just send them the failed servo.

Shipped the servo back and never heard from them, So emailed them 3 times and never received a reply to any email.

I wrote off the servo and swore off ever doing business with Cermark and recommend others consider before they purchase from this company.

Best Regards and buyer beware
Doug
firedoug is offline Find More Posts by firedoug
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 16, 2012, 09:47 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
More details needed. Who did you write to when you sent e-mails? Why not call them on the phone? Did you send the servo back with tracking? I think the fact that they said they would replace it right away is a good sign no?
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 19, 2012, 02:46 PM
Joined Feb 2010
2,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
More details needed. Who did you write to when you sent e-mails? Why not call them on the phone? Did you send the servo back with tracking? I think the fact that they said they would replace it right away is a good sign no?
+1 true that...
eranrc is offline Find More Posts by eranrc
Old Jul 19, 2012, 03:15 PM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
7,030 Posts
Quote:
+2. I always do my due diligence before I put someone on my "do not do business with" list. Cermark has been around for quite some time; give them a call (if you haven't already) and see what they can do to help. It's too easy to hide behind email and I'd much rather talk with someone if possible.
Mike_Then is offline Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Thank you, veterans
Old Jul 21, 2012, 03:48 PM
Rich
USA, SC, Lexington
Joined Sep 2001
1,134 Posts
Quote:
What they said is apparently not what they have done. Good sign?
flycracker is offline Find More Posts by flycracker
Old Jul 21, 2012, 03:51 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flycracker View Post
What they said is apparently not what they have done. Good sign?
Did you read my first post?
Old Jul 21, 2012, 04:56 PM
Rich
USA, SC, Lexington
Joined Sep 2001
1,134 Posts
Quote:
Did you read my first post?
Sure did. The only post.

Check the guy on the review thread who just received his . Servos with arms that don't fit, fuse twisted.
I guess it can happen with any dealer.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 11:14 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Since you read it, you'll note I asked for more details, which the OP hasn't responded to.

Damaged or non working parts can arrive from any provider, I agree. More than once too.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 08:40 AM
Rich
USA, SC, Lexington
Joined Sep 2001
1,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by firedoug View Post
Purchased a $25 9257 clone tail servo from a LHS. Which died after a couple of flights. LHS said I had to deal with Cermark for warranty.

Contacted Cermark via telephone and they were very friendly on the phone, told me they would be happy to replace the servo, just send them the failed servo.

Shipped the servo back and never heard from them, So emailed them 3 times and never received a reply to any email.

I wrote off the servo and swore off ever doing business with Cermark and recommend others consider before they purchase from this company.

Best Regards and buyer beware
Doug
'mornin Doug
Did you ever get a resolution to your problem with Cermark? Curious minds would like to know
Old Jul 22, 2012, 02:27 PM
Joined Feb 2010
2,711 Posts
Quote:
since you read it, you'll note i asked for more details, which the op hasn't responded to.

Damaged or non working parts can arrive from any provider, i agree. More than once too.
+1.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 01:11 AM
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Jan 2012
2 Posts
porcia83
Details:
Purchased servo at Peagus Hobby in Montclair, CA.
Returned for another big purchase and while there I inquired about the Servo that went bad, Peagus hobby sales clerk wasted no time telling my that they would not provide any warranty service for this servo and I could try and contact cermark.com and see if they would help repair/replacement.

Gave Cermark a phone call at 562.906.0808 spoke to Steve and he was very polite and asked me send in defective servo and they would replace.

Sent Servo in via USPS parcel post no tracking as incurring $6.00 in postage was not prudient in my opinion on a RMA of a defective $25 servo. My experience with USPS has always been positive. So if you want to play the blame game and reverse this on me as not providing due diligence as a consumer by counting on the United States Postal Service to deliver a package.

Over the next month I never hear from Cermark or receive a replacement. Over the following month I send 3 emails via http://www.cermark.com/pages.php?pageid=3 inquiring about the status of the servo replacement. My choice to use the email option on the website was in no way an attempt to hide behind an email, but to provide a written record of my inquiry, as well as my work hours were preventing me from having available phone time during Cermark's business hours.

So while some of you may have had positive experiences with Cermark My intention of this post was to share a buyer beware post of my poor experience with Cermark. In my opinion the measure of man as well as a company is how they handle the non routine experiences in life, it is easy to collect the money and ship the product, and move to the next deal, but how you chose to deal with issues outside of this box defines customer service and the character of a company.

My expectation of a company willing to take my hard earned money is that they are willing to at a minimum return 1 of 3 email inquiries to a RMA.
firedoug is offline Find More Posts by firedoug
Old Jul 23, 2012, 08:51 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Thanks for the update.

This isn't a "blame game" situation, just a request for additional information. I've never dealt directly with them as a customer. As I said earlier, I thought it was a good sign that the immediately said they would replace the servo. There is a chance the servo never made it back to them, so in that case you probably would not have heard back from them. After the first e-mail or two went unanswered I would have called the number and asked for the person you spoke with initially to see what the status was.

Your certainly entitled to you own opinion, but I think to write off a company over one blip on the radar is overkill, but I understand how frustrating it is when things don't go right.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 09:26 AM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
7,030 Posts
Thanks for the update. I didn't imply that you were hiding behind email; my apologies if that's how my post came across. What I should have said was, email is too easy for the merchant/seller/company to hide behind, and that's why I prefer phone calls. I agree with you in that email is an excellent tool to provide a written record of a transaction, but it's unfortunate that some companies abuse that method of communication with their customers. It's usually that the email box is either unmonitored, or it's receives so much email that a lot of legitimate concers (such as yours) are simply lost.
Mike_Then is offline Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Thank you, veterans
Old Jul 23, 2012, 09:45 AM
Rich
USA, SC, Lexington
Joined Sep 2001
1,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by firedoug View Post
porcia83
Details:
Purchased servo at Peagus Hobby in Montclair, CA.
Returned for another big purchase and while there I inquired about the Servo that went bad, Peagus hobby sales clerk wasted no time telling my that they would not provide any warranty service for this servo and I could try and contact cermark.com and see if they would help repair/replacement.

Gave Cermark a phone call at 562.906.0808 spoke to Steve and he was very polite and asked me send in defective servo and they would replace.

Sent Servo in via USPS parcel post no tracking as incurring $6.00 in postage was not prudient in my opinion on a RMA of a defective $25 servo. My experience with USPS has always been positive. So if you want to play the blame game and reverse this on me as not providing due diligence as a consumer by counting on the United States Postal Service to deliver a package.

Over the next month I never hear from Cermark or receive a replacement. Over the following month I send 3 emails via http://www.cermark.com/pages.php?pageid=3 inquiring about the status of the servo replacement. My choice to use the email option on the website was in no way an attempt to hide behind an email, but to provide a written record of my inquiry, as well as my work hours were preventing me from having available phone time during Cermark's business hours.

So while some of you may have had positive experiences with Cermark My intention of this post was to share a buyer beware post of my poor experience with Cermark. In my opinion the measure of man as well as a company is how they handle the non routine experiences in life, it is easy to collect the money and ship the product, and move to the next deal, but how you chose to deal with issues outside of this box defines customer service and the character of a company.

My expectation of a company willing to take my hard earned money is that they are willing to at a minimum return 1 of 3 email inquiries to a RMA.
Very well written and your experience well documented.

Too often people in this hobby are willing to give an on line shop way too much
leeway when there are problems.
Ie: purchase a PNP plane and then start replacing weak or defective parts, doing mods to make it flyable. Happens too often.

It appears that Cermark is having problems that they are not able to correct. The RC hobby business is highly competitive and will eliminate those who can't keep up and provide good product and top service.

It's too bad that Steve doesn't come on here and defend his actions. I doubt any of us here want him to lose his business.
Rich
Old Jul 23, 2012, 12:31 PM
Joined Feb 2010
2,711 Posts
I've to agree with your reply!

I'm going to inform Steve regarding this matter. Considering the relationship I've had with Cermark for years, I really haven't experienced a customer service issue!