HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 16, 2012, 06:50 PM
United States, MI, Lansing
Joined Jul 2012
69 Posts
Discussion
Scale A-10 Warthog Build

Hey everyone! I'm new to RC groups but glad to be here. Let me start off by saying I am a complete noob to RC flying...but I have big dreams. Today I have started an A-10 Warthog build. Rome wasn't built in a day and this A-10 wont be either. I plan on finishing it within about a year and a half but I'd like to document my progress and get as much help as I can from all you experts out there! I will be taking any and all advice as to how to build this thing.

While building this thing I will be learning flight characteristics with large scale EDF A-10's.

This aircraft will be built to scale using two Jetcat P-60 simjet engines. These engines have a diameter of 3.75" with a weight of 1.87lbs and 13lbs of thrust at 165,000 rpm.

At the moment I am currently drawing up the plans by hand/utilizing A-10 plans I have been searching online although I havent been able to find many good ones.

PICS TO COME SOON!

Anyone have any words of wisdom....or anyone wanna call me a noob and tell me how crazy I am to try this? Either way I'd love to hear some feedback. Thanks and Happy flying to you all!

Day 2:

After having my girlfriend crunch some numbers I found that I will have to switch to a Jetcat P20 simjet engine. Making the model scale for this size simjet engine the aircraft will be around 34" in length with a wingspan of just over 37". Hopefully later today I can get my graph paper to office max and have scale paper printed. Then after that I can buy my bulsa and begin cutting and placing bulkheads!!!
AirborneRME is offline Find More Posts by AirborneRME
Last edited by AirborneRME; Jul 17, 2012 at 12:56 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2012, 12:03 AM
United States, MI, Lansing
Joined Jul 2012
69 Posts
BUILD LOG HAS BEEN MOVED...SEARCH TITLE: My A-10 WartBLOG for all further updates
AirborneRME is offline Find More Posts by AirborneRME