nice job Mike, hows your arms?

Joe
sloperjoe is offline Find More Posts by sloperjoe
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 31, 2012, 08:13 AM
Crystal River Fl.
Joined Jul 2008
3,681 Posts
I don't know about his arms, but that kind of sanding is always rough on my hands, hurt bad with arther after that! anyway,,,, got a power sander it helps with sanding wings like that?? Don't forget to sand in the washout on the wing Mike... Great progress there, looking good. w.
Waltjg is offline Find More Posts by Waltjg
Old Sep 04, 2012, 01:01 PM
Crystal River Fl.
Joined Jul 2008
3,681 Posts
Mike, how is your plane coming?? w.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 08:09 PM
Mike
Columbus, Ohio, United States
Joined Jul 2003
931 Posts
Hey Walt, I'm back at it. I was out of town over the long weekend and catching up on work these last two days. As such, progress has been a bit slow. Also trying to get ready for eJets tomorrow through Sunday. Good news about that is I get to fly for the next four days (weather permitting) and since its local, come home each evening and work on the A6 while charging batteries for the next day.

I have the left side done for the moment both front and rear. I need to lightly spackle and sand a few spots but otherwise its looking good. I have attached some picks of how I am starting out the right side. I decided to use my Xacto saw to get after the bulk of the trailing edge then sand to final shape with 100 grit followed up by 200 grit. I have finished the trailing edge on the right side since the last picture was taken.
i12flyrc is offline Find More Posts by i12flyrc
Old Sep 06, 2012, 02:20 AM
United States, WA, Vancouver
Joined Mar 2012
739 Posts
looks good Mike!
ya know...you cant get a proper workout using a razor saw ya cheater

Joe
Old Sep 06, 2012, 07:30 PM
Crystal River Fl.
Joined Jul 2008
3,681 Posts
Looking great Mike!!!! Hey, have fun at the meet! fly alot, see anything really cool, take some pics and post them!! w.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 07:33 PM
Mike
Joined Jul 2003
931 Posts
Hey Walt, here's a few pics from eJets. There were a lot more planes there just thought I'd load a few pics. Two great days of flying so far. Hopefully the weather holds out for tomorrow but forecast calls for scattered showers and 15+ mph winds gusting to 30mph. It won't effect the big boys much (BVMs and such) but may be very selective on what I fly tomorrow.

Many different jets, Vampires, Venoms, F14, a DC 10, F100s, Migs, Phantoms and more but no A6's this year. There will be next year!
Last edited by i12flyrc; Sep 07, 2012 at 08:34 PM.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 09:14 PM
Crystal River Fl.
Joined Jul 2008
3,681 Posts
Great pics Mike! Thanks for posting them!!! Been trying to get some things done in the shop, got a vid I'm working on, will post it soon, I'm slow on those.. W
Old Sep 08, 2012, 02:41 AM
United States, WA, Vancouver
Joined Mar 2012
739 Posts
oh man, that would be sweet to go to, one of the local fields has an electric fly-in every year but the last time I went several years ago I was the only one that had a jet to fly...and that was in the ni-cad days...I think just my battery weighed more than the AUW of most of my present jets..a little exaggerated...but not much

Joe
Old Sep 08, 2012, 04:43 AM
United States, TX, Palestine
Joined Oct 2007
90 Posts
SUB'D GREAT build! Did ALOT of work on these babies in the Navy.
luzwingnut is offline Find More Posts by luzwingnut
Old Sep 08, 2012, 06:09 AM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,992 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloperjoe View Post
oh man, that would be sweet to go to, one of the local fields has an electric fly-in every year but the last time I went several years ago I was the only one that had a jet to fly...and that was in the ni-cad days...I think just my battery weighed more than the AUW of most of my present jets..a little exaggerated...but not much

Joe
Heeee heeee, I remember `10 ounce batteries on parkflyer jets, and batteries that we measued in 'pounds' on the 70+mm jobs....... We too would be the few and far between with an EDF at an electric meet 7-8 years ago......but.... I think you would find it quite different now a days. You probably would still be the few and far between with a scratch built job, but that is to be expected.....

Agree love the photos Mike, and hope you don't get rained out!

Fred
Freddie B is offline Find More Posts by Freddie B
Old Sep 08, 2012, 05:43 PM
United Kingdom, Northern Ireland, Belfast
Joined Jun 2011
293 Posts
Here that Sundowners F4 is just lovely. Is that the E flite model?
Shane Sunday is offline Find More Posts by Shane Sunday
Old Sep 08, 2012, 09:24 PM
Mike
Joined Jul 2003
931 Posts
Well the rain backed off by 9am, the wind was 15+ for awhile but still flew, the wind backed down by 3pm and we were flying til 6 followed by barbecue ribs and chicken and some flying at dusk. Turned out to be a real great day.

Yes that is the E Flite F4 and the Horizon Team has been there flying those and the HABU 2 all weekend.
Old Sep 09, 2012, 05:49 AM
Crystal River Fl.
Joined Jul 2008
3,681 Posts
Sounded like you had a great time Mike!!! You should try to plan for SEFF next spring. W
Old Sep 13, 2012, 04:59 PM
Mike
Joined Jul 2003
931 Posts
Walt, I would love to go to SEFF. I'm going to plan for the one next Spring. I understand you make good Margarita's!

I'm cutting fuse templates and fromers. Should be able to start gluing it together tonight. I will post pics tonight or tomorrow depending on what I get done.

BTW I decided I am going to go with a flying stab and Ailerons. I will take pics of the flying stab as I set it up. More to come.