HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 16, 2012, 06:23 AM
Joined Nov 2009
25 Posts
Discussion
One wing LANDING- Yak55M IMAC

Hello everyone,

here is my last video about my one wing landing with my Freestyle plane, Yak55m from Magichand-rc, hope you like.....

One wing landing - David Duval [HQ] (2 min 45 sec)

No risk, no fun;
David Duval
d.duval is offline Find More Posts by d.duval
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 16, 2012, 10:40 AM
winfield Ia
Joined Jul 2009
313 Posts
Very nice. Great job saving it and getting in the landing like that. I have to ask, what caused the failure of the wing? Shaun
Reddog170 is offline Find More Posts by Reddog170
Old Jul 16, 2012, 10:43 AM
Athens, Greece
Joined Apr 2010
453 Posts
Friend that has to be some of the most skilled flying I have ever seen.

mike
mikmerl is offline Find More Posts by mikmerl
Old Jul 17, 2012, 06:22 AM
Joined Jul 2004
2,582 Posts
Good save what brand of model is this?? is there sufficient glue in the wing??
Big Nuts 181 is offline Find More Posts by Big Nuts 181
Old Jul 19, 2012, 06:35 AM
On loan to Texas
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Oct 2005
5,191 Posts
I think it has something to do with the crappy wing tube they provide or a bad batch that made it through. A friend bought the 30cc Yak from them at Aerobeez and after his maiden flight which was not flown hard he noticed the wings loose. He took the canopy off thinking the wing bolt loosened up but they were tight. After taking the wings off he saw the tube cracked and the crack went around about 270 of the tube. He was lucky catching it as one more flight and it was all over. When we looked at the tube closer it did not look like there was any fiber in it like a good carbon fiber tube would have. Aerobeez replaced it promptly and the new tube looked like it should. Seeing this now makes me suggest to all flying these to examine that tube closely.
Ohio AV8TOR is offline Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
Old Jul 20, 2012, 05:04 PM
Joined Nov 2009
25 Posts
Hi guys,

This Yak55m are from Magichand-rc, the wood into the wing are not a good quality. Alot of people who had flying with this brand have quality problem and the construction of the wings are not in half strong. They think to much lightness but they don't think of the rigidity who are a important point for this kind of airplane. Thank you also for kind words :- ))

Fly safe,
David Duval
d.duval is offline Find More Posts by d.duval