HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 16, 2012, 01:46 AM
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined May 2012
729 Posts
Trader Rating: 81
Discussion
What to do with neutral/bad itrader rating when no transaction as made

I had an agreement to trade an item, but backed out a day later as another person decided to pay money for the item I was going to trade. I later explained to the person I was trading with and he gets mad and leaves me a neutral rating. I feel bad, and should have communicated better/more quickly, but since no transaction was technically made, he should not have been able to leave me a rating. Am i correct in this thought? If so, what should I do to get the neutral rating removed?
Hmerly is online now Find More Posts by Hmerly
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 16, 2012, 03:24 AM
USA, MN, Shakopee
Joined Sep 2004
1,220 Posts
Trader Rating: 100
you just explaned what happened , put that in the return rating for that person as a neutral rating as well.
scottc39 is offline Find More Posts by scottc39
Old Jul 16, 2012, 04:24 AM
USA, WV, Parkersburg
Joined Jun 2007
915 Posts
Trader Rating: 67
Pm Jim t Ghram and he should take car of it, there should be no ratings left if there wasn't a transaction.
Garrett
Garrett1234567 is offline Find More Posts by Garrett1234567
Old Jul 16, 2012, 06:10 AM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,288 Posts
Trader Rating: 52
^^ What Garrett sez.

mw
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Jul 16, 2012, 06:31 AM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Trader Rating: 128
It's unfortunate that you did not honor your word, and even worse that you would have left ANY feedback other than positive for the other party. Retalitory and vindictive feedback was the reason Ebay stopped letting sellers give anything but positive feedback to buyers. Luckily for the other party in this non completed transaction the feedback will be deleted.

It wasn't lack of communication that was the problem here, it was you not keeping your word.

And oh ya, what the last two posters said ^^^
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 16, 2012, 07:17 AM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,482 Posts
Trader Rating: 62
Trader ratings are posted to help us watch out for guys like you.
You said you "backed out" of a deal,and I guess the other guy WOULD be upset

He wanted what you had,and you said 'yes',then 'no'....I'd be heading for your trader rating button,myself....that may be business,but it's not fair.
epoxyearl is offline Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Water Sports
Old Jul 16, 2012, 07:42 AM
USA, WV, Parkersburg
Joined Jun 2007
915 Posts
Trader Rating: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoxyearl View Post
Trader ratings are posted to help us watch out for guys like you.
You said you "backed out" of a deal,and I guess the other guy WOULD be upset

He wanted what you had,and you said 'yes',then 'no'....I'd be heading for your trader rating button,myself....that may be business,but it's not fair.
That's a valid point, but the rating system is for transactions that take place. Maybe the other guy should start a thread here warning others about the op, then when people search for info about him they will see it. I still don't think a rating is in order.
Garrett
Garrett1234567 is offline Find More Posts by Garrett1234567
Old Jul 16, 2012, 08:10 AM
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined May 2009
351 Posts
Trader Rating: 33
There was an agreement for transaction and I think the neutral rating is right. When you dont receive your item you leave a negative feedback even there was no transaction. He left neutral since he wasnt conned out of any money. I think from the explanation given above the poster deserves a neutral. He made a conscious decision to back out of a transaction and that was the consequence.
hemiblas is offline Find More Posts by hemiblas
Old Jul 16, 2012, 09:46 AM
United States, NC, Robbins
Joined Jul 2008
659 Posts
Trader Rating: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemiblas View Post
There was an agreement for transaction and I think the neutral rating is right. When you dont receive your item you leave a negative feedback even there was no transaction. He left neutral since he wasnt conned out of any money. I think from the explanation given above the poster deserves a neutral. He made a conscious decision to back out of a transaction and that was the consequence.
I agree

Looks like the OP actually provided a tracking # so if it had been me it would have been negative FB. This is what the Feedback system is for, to weed out the untrustworthy.
deerfreak is offline Find More Posts by deerfreak
Old Jul 16, 2012, 11:18 AM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
Joined Jun 2002
7,133 Posts
Trader Rating: 51
Hey guys, I see this problem...

"another person decided to pay money for the item I was going to trade" - the trade partner NOT THE OP changed the deal from trade to buy. The OP declined the new offer - so the trade partner is the one who backed out. A neutral is a neutral, it tells me that the other party may or may not chose to do business with the OP in the future. So be it - the trade partner is the one who welched the deal, not the OP.

Did I miss something else in the deal? A link to the post where the deal was made really helps sort out the wheat from the chaff...
JimNM is offline Find More Posts by JimNM
Old Jul 16, 2012, 11:38 AM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,575 Posts
Trader Rating: 174
Everyone has a Valid remark...Bottom Line is Communication.....Its what makes the Deal and or closes the Deal....No One knows whats going on without it...I recently had this situation myself...If Communication would have been the #1 priority in our Venture....Everyone would have would have been happy...but since there was not...Nothing but Tempers and Misdirected thoughts come into play...When a Transaction is involved between two individuals....You can make it go very well and smooth as silk by Communication...

On another hand...sayin yes to a deal....then backin out...that's a horse of a different color....Some people can deal with it....and Understand....some Cannot......Billy
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Old Jul 16, 2012, 01:27 PM
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined May 2012
729 Posts
Trader Rating: 81
Yeah, I felt bad about backing out. I did try to communicate with the trade partner, but I was too slow, being busy with work. I take full responsibility for backing out and did apologize to the guy in 3 separate messages. Thanks for the comments guys and I agree, what happened shouldn't have happened and it was my fault.
Hmerly is online now Find More Posts by Hmerly
Old Jul 16, 2012, 02:00 PM
Former Futaba employee
Joined Aug 2006
1,178 Posts
Trader Rating: 70
I think the guy is being nice only leaving you a neutral.
keyman923 is offline Find More Posts by keyman923
Old Jul 16, 2012, 08:04 PM
United States, MA, Boston
Joined May 2012
163 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Edit
Bhuwan is offline Find More Posts by Bhuwan
Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:05 PM
Team Haiyin & Team HeliOption
United States, FL, Fort Walton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
187 Posts
Trader Rating: 82
OK, now with all that said, is it wrong for me to leave neutral FB for all those that PM me and say "I will take it, send me your PayPal." Please tell me what the difference is. You PM back and forth and both come to an agreement on price after a bit of haggling and the buyer sez send me your PayPal info. Poof they disappear! Had this happen a few times. This is why I never post Pending or anything like that because it could put off potential real buyers. I know I have passed up on an item because it was marked pending so I went elsewhere only to find the ad back up as for sale because buyer never paid. When I first started selling here I was thrilled to see "I will take it, send me your PayPal" and then I woke up.
So... is this any different, really?
Even the neutral feedback left looks like the guy scammed the buyer and all he did was change his mind and reconcider the trade, he could have just said it got broke so deals off. At least he was man enough to let the other party know why the deal was cancelled. Sounds to me like someone got a bad taste in their mouth because they didn't get their new toy and trashed the others FB rating. I may be seeing this all wrong but thats my take on this.
Mahu is offline Find More Posts by Mahu