Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 03, 2012, 08:36 PM
So. Cal.
Joined Oct 2004
7,828 Posts
Quote:
I won't post IR data for many reasons
Do we dare speculate what the other reasons might be?
mrforsyth is offline Find More Posts by mrforsyth
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by mrforsyth; Aug 03, 2012 at 08:49 PM. Reason: spelling...
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2012, 09:34 PM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrforsyth View Post
Do we dare speculate what the other reasons might be?
I could see people measuring IR with crappy chargers and at odd temperatures and then wanting to return the batteries because the IR doesn't match what it was advertised to be. The fine print required might not be worth the headache?
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Aug 03, 2012, 09:37 PM
So. Cal.
Joined Oct 2004
7,828 Posts
Or, like all other 40C+ lipolys, the rating came from the marketing department rather than the engineering department......
mrforsyth is offline Find More Posts by mrforsyth
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 03, 2012, 09:40 PM
Chicago, USA and Manila, Philippines
Joined May 2007
147 Posts
yes I am familiar with the proper temp. to measure the IR at 72F and the reason behind it. Temp. goes up, IR goes down, Temp goes down, IR goes up and the 72deg F is consider the consensus of everyone because it become the norm as a "room temperature" per se . I mentioned my own room temp. because that was the room temp. I measured the IR last year. All my battery data will be posted at a proper thread when I am finished compiling them.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1#post20484169

You are welcome to post your data with your batteries that you sell on that thread .. It will help us out and a win win for everyone..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dogrc View Post
Yurstruly:
Mad Dog batteries are NOT from Dualsky.

You IR reading needs to be at 72F to use the tool you link to.

Balance leads are appropriate for current that balance chargers use.

I won't post IR data for many reasons, one being the website it is sold on posts their battery IR readings yet still market their batteries at a Higher C then "maximum C" from the meter, checkout the big packs. This does not give me confidence on accuracy. (This is covered in numerous other threads and more relevant there.)

Deckbert:
I am with you 100%! I wish manufactures had a standard on C rating, it would make my purchasing lot easier and take out alot of the competition that sells cheap junk!

I also agree 100% with you on the taps, but I would add connectors as well! Every time E-Flite releases a new plane they stick a different connector somewhere. I bet I could out sell the E-Flite batteries at my stores months earlier if all the taps were the same.

On the registration, I agree as well. However it is is hard to mail you a box without your address!

2dogrc.
Mark
yurstruly is offline Find More Posts by yurstruly
Old Aug 04, 2012, 06:26 AM
WHere Flight Was Born, North Carolina
Joined Apr 2005
2,754 Posts
I am as, if not more concerned, about C ratings. Just think about this. When you buy a battery you spend $20-$80 a time for some batteries. You want to make sure that what you get is what you were promised. When I buy batteries, we spend between $10,000-$20,000 per order! So I am very concerned about taps, C ratings, matched cells and more. I don't want to get ripped off either.

On the IR, I have posted in other forums that my concerns with this method and I will not be posting any data. No more comments from me on this one.

As 2dogrc has always done in the past, if you get a battery and are not happy with it for whatever reason, we will make it right. Just to let you know we don't get these calls very often, and I can't remember the last one. We have had Mad Dog batteries now for about 2 years and are very happy with the consumer and dealer response.
2dogrc is online now Find More Posts by 2dogrc
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: 2dogrc and 2dogs Flying FPV