Old Jul 15, 2012, 04:37 PM
eternal noob
United States, WI, Chetek
Joined Jul 2006
152 Posts
Trader Rating: 69
Rant
"I will take it!" then nothing

soooooo annoying. You place a ad , someone either says "I will take it, send me your info" or they pm you asking "will you take $xx.xx for your item" then you respond , saying you will accept the deal, then that person doesn't contact you any more or fails to pay for the item after saying "I will take it..." (and they were still online logged in for almost 2 hours after the inquiry, and after saying they will take it)

I had this happen twice to me today, what is annoying is when they say directly on the ad thread "I will take it" then the next person looks at the ad and figures its sold. Screw it ,after like 5 hours went by with no payment or no more contact, I deleted that response to ad and ended up selling to a person who instantly transferred funds .

When I say I will take something, I immediately pay for that item once I get the persons info.

What do some people think.? Are they "just checking" to see if you will accept a certain amount? or do they think that just because they will say "I will take it" that they dont have to pay you till they are good and ready, and you will save it for them? *SMH*

ok rant done..
Caphead is offline Find More Posts by Caphead
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 15, 2012, 04:49 PM
@Home
Joined Jan 2007
1,410 Posts
Trader Rating: 270
Don't let it bother you. Just respond back that until a payment is made, the item is available for sale.
VasMan is offline Find More Posts by VasMan
Old Jul 15, 2012, 04:54 PM
eternal noob
Joined Jul 2006
152 Posts
oh I have enough courtesy to message back saying that another buyer already transferred funds , and has been sold to them. I am just kinda ranting, because they post in the thread saying they will take it, then the next person who looks at the sale automatically figures it is sold because of this. As soon as I deleted the "I will take it" I had another buyer, one who immediately transferred the payment as soon as i supplied the info.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 04:55 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jan 2006
603 Posts
Trader Rating: 102
I had a guy hold me up four days for a kit and nothing but bs. Didn't do paypal said sending money order. I sent pm's and he was online alot. Nothing. Sent him the last one and said I'm not selling To him. 2 days later, still nothing. Well relisted and sold it
not doing anything but paypal and if not paid, in reasonable time, then will let it go to the next person.
Beardiedrg is offline Find More Posts by Beardiedrg
Last edited by Beardiedrg; Jul 15, 2012 at 05:27 PM.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 05:02 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jan 2006
603 Posts
Trader Rating: 102
There was a bunch of kits posted the other day. I pmd for one. Nothing and he was posting a lot that night and didn't bother to answer anyone yet. I always respond and tell everyone money sent or received and when shippped and update shipping immediately.
Beardiedrg is offline Find More Posts by Beardiedrg
Old Jul 15, 2012, 05:23 PM
USA, WV, Parkersburg
Joined Jun 2007
922 Posts
Trader Rating: 67
This new breed of traders have no idea how to communicate. Even if you don't spend hrs a day on here, you should at least check once or twice a day to see if you have pm's, especially if you have an item for sale.

Garrett
Garrett1234567 is offline Find More Posts by Garrett1234567
Old Jul 15, 2012, 05:30 PM
eternal noob
Joined Jul 2006
152 Posts
or if you responded with interest to a add..... you would think!
Old Jul 15, 2012, 06:00 PM
Dragons, WindMills, all Same
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2002
4,375 Posts
Trader Rating: 393
Since you ask,

"Screw it ,after like 5 hours went by with no payment or no more contact, I deleted that response to ad and ended up selling to a person who instantly transferred funds ."

5 Hours.! Are serious?

Perhaps best you consider no longer using any stimulates and take up something like Hatha Yoga or Tai Chi.

Myself, I wait a day or so. Then send a PM/Email to see what's up. No response still, I inform the buyer they are no longer authorized to send a payment and the deal is off. Then I move to the next buyer I am willing to trade with. Not perfect, yet, simple and respective.

Jared
jcstalls is offline Find More Posts by jcstalls
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 15, 2012, 06:08 PM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,934 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
I agree... 5 hours is short enough that they could have been sleeping. Who knows what time zone they are in, or what hours they work/sleep.
wparsons is online now Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Jul 15, 2012, 06:39 PM
eternal noob
Joined Jul 2006
152 Posts
well let me see, both were in the same time zone as i was, both were still logged into the site, both were able to ask the questions or say they will take it within 5 minutes of me posting, both wanted my paypal info, both were still online 3 hours after I responded immediately with the info.
No i don't take stimulants, no i do not need yoga. If you say you will take something then do your part and send the payment within a timely matter, or like another response said, its still for sale until payment is received.

and now its been over 10 hours still with no other contact from the original people who were "interested" , now if i was to mark the items as sold just by their word, I bet I would just need to be re posting them again. While at the same time another person sees the ad and also notices the "i will take it" and moves on figuring its been accounted for. Once i removed the "i will take it" I had another offer within 5 minutes, and this person was able to pay for the item within minutes of me sending my info to him.

I just know how I do transactions, I treat people the way I want to be treated, I am not gonna offer to buy something If I am not ready to pay for the item right after I say so. If I say I want something and I dont get a immediate response, I make hella sure I check back often enough to follow through with my word once or if my offer is accepted and info for payment is sent.

Guess everyone has their own idea of how transactions should take place , which is fine. Its a rant, something that irks me. I would be more understanding if It took hours for me to reply to their request for my paypal info, or if I would accept the offer, but when everything was immediately responded too and they got my info/answer while they were online that's another story.
Last edited by Caphead; Jul 15, 2012 at 07:07 PM.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 06:53 PM
Joined Oct 2007
12 Posts
Trader Rating: 26
Caphead Sorry for late respond.I have emergency problem I need to leave for hospital service,
I just made a payment to you.I agreed with Wparson & jcs tall 5hrs to short for buyer respond,anyway I'm apology for late respond.
sheridan.07 is offline Find More Posts by sheridan.07
Old Jul 15, 2012, 07:06 PM
Pants Up, Don't Loot!
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Jun 2005
1,770 Posts
Trader Rating: 35
"Logged on" ≠ "sitting in front of the computer"
Park_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Park_Flyer
Old Jul 15, 2012, 07:13 PM
List too Big for a Bucket!
USA, NJ, Stewartsville
Joined Jul 2010
428 Posts
Trader Rating: 54
Don't get upset. This happens all the time on this site. In all honesty, I will ask a seller first if he will hold an item for a specific time because, let's face it, this is a hobby for most of us and a lot of us collect our income at the end of the week. If the seller is good with that, then great. If he is not, I would never hold it against him. In my opinion it is probably best to wait at least until late evening of the same day an offer is made to pass. Again, this is a hobby for most, and the ability to access the internet is not always practical until a person gets home from work. To me, saying to someone "I'll take it" is not a conditional commitment. It is at the terms as stated in the listing. If someone says "I'll take it" and then lists provisions , then that offer is not a real one.
ww2collector is offline Find More Posts by ww2collector
Old Jul 15, 2012, 07:19 PM
RCG -Minus Member
United States, SC, West Columbia
Joined Oct 2009
1,444 Posts
Trader Rating: 29
You are not obliged to hold it at all. You can operate on a "first come, first serve" basis. I get it a lot.
microflitedude is offline Find More Posts by microflitedude
Old Jul 15, 2012, 07:27 PM
eternal noob
Joined Jul 2006
152 Posts
My rant was more for when they post in the ad "I will take it" Then nothing else comes from it in a timely matter. I know when I see in a ad "I will take it" I figure, damn... Its been sold.

Sheriden.07 sent me a PM with a offer that I replied too. Although I wondered why he didn't respond after I accepted his offer, the ad was not "tainted" with "I will take this". But 2 other ads I posted today were until I removed those posts and they sold withing 5-10 minutes afterwards to users who immediately transferred funds. Coincidence? I dont think so.

Really though, when people say they will take something, and don't have to wait for the sellers response or payment info, they should be prepared to pay for something right away, unless other arrangements were made because chances are (like what happened today) there is someone else wanting the item that is willing to pay right away.
Last edited by Caphead; Jul 15, 2012 at 07:36 PM.