Closed Thread
Old Jul 15, 2012, 10:44 AM
WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT!!!
AZ
Joined May 2006
4,855 Posts
Discussion
Tbs discovery FPV Frame

I was thinking about getting one, so i was just seeing if anyone has it and how do u like it ? .
http://team-blacksheep.com/products/product:98
Thanks G
G-unit is offline Find More Posts by G-unit
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 15, 2012, 12:37 PM
Joined Apr 2010
1,399 Posts
There is talk about it in the VC-20-450 Quad Frame Thread : http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...86612&page=423
Mortimer is online now Find More Posts by Mortimer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 5V Power Supply
Old Jul 15, 2012, 12:39 PM
Joined Jan 2011
512 Posts
I'm admittedly bias, but I would not buy that.
Beyond my bias though, you'll have to rely on DJI to continue to manufacture those exact arms if you ever want to replace one a TBS frame. Why the frame does not include arms with the original purchase of the frame plates is also a bit strange to me. Seems 'cheap' to me IMHO that they would not be included...so for $75 you only get to frame plates and mounting hardware?!?
CheckSum is offline Find More Posts by CheckSum
Old Jul 15, 2012, 12:56 PM
AZ
Joined May 2006
4,855 Posts
Thanks guys..
Old Jul 15, 2012, 12:57 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Just buy lots of arms, they only cost 4 USD a piece after all. Stock up on them. I ordered the TBS plates and a set of 4 arms a while ago, should be here next week. I can't wait to put it together, I hope it flies better than the HT-FPV frame. For me it was absolutely unusable.

As for why people dislike these guys, I don't know. Something about NYC. Whatever. As for the frame being an imitation, that's just nonsense. There are only so many ways you can make a spider-style quad body and anyone who doesn't make a "tail" area for using a battery as a counter-weight is absolutely nuts. And it also has a built-in voltage sensor, power distribution for all ESCs and an extra FPV camera. So there are things on it that the HT-FPV just doesn't have.
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Jul 15, 2012, 04:57 PM
Joined May 2012
587 Posts
It looks rather nice But is a bit on the pricey side though.

Wonder how good it will handle?

Post up some pics once you get her all built up
gitit20 is offline Find More Posts by gitit20
Old Jul 15, 2012, 05:04 PM
AZ
Joined May 2006
4,855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseDuck View Post
Just buy lots of arms, they only cost 4 USD a piece after all. Stock up on them. I ordered the TBS plates and a set of 4 arms a while ago, should be here next week. I can't wait to put it together, I hope it flies better than the HT-FPV frame. For me it was absolutely unusable.
Man i have that frame coming, hope it works for me..
As for why people dislike these guys, I don't know. Something about NYC. Whatever. As for the frame being an imitation, that's just nonsense. There are only so many ways you can make a spider-style quad body and anyone who doesn't make a "tail" area for using a battery as a counter-weight is absolutely nuts. And it also has a built-in voltage sensor, power distribution for all ESCs and an extra FPV camera. So there are things on it that the HT-FPV just doesn't have.
I like how it has all that stuff in the frame, maybe i should get one , i can always sell it if i dont like it..
Old Jul 15, 2012, 05:17 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
I'll definitely post my impressions of it later here, if it works for me or not.

As for the HT-FPV frame, a lot of people use it and enjoy it quite a bit. But I just couldn't get it to behave well, I always had issues with the YAW when used together with pitch and roll, or when going fast. And I tried lots of different sets of hardware. Maybe you'll have better luck than me.
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Jul 15, 2012, 05:20 PM
AZ
Joined May 2006
4,855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseDuck View Post
I'll definitely post my impressions of it later here, if it works for me or not.

As for the HT-FPV frame, a lot of people use it and enjoy it quite a bit. But I just couldn't get it to behave well, I always had issues with the YAW when used together with pitch and roll, or when going fast. And I tried lots of different sets of hardware. Maybe you'll have better luck than me.
We will see,
Thanks G
Old Jul 15, 2012, 05:29 PM View Post
TBS.DISCOVERY
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Widespread). Show it to me anyway.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 05:35 PM
AZ
Joined May 2006
4,855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBS.DISCOVERY View Post
it's modular, you can add the arms right on the site. We thought it would be a nice option to offer this for the existing F450 users without arms, especially before the DJI prices were twice of what they are now. the frame is $99.90, this includes a current sensor.
That is a good idea , i think i will try one out..
Old Jul 15, 2012, 05:41 PM View Post
TBS.DISCOVERY
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Widespread). Show it to me anyway.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 05:42 PM
AZ
Joined May 2006
4,855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBS.DISCOVERY View Post
here's the latest video by the way, this is a testimony to how it flies pretty much out of the box using the DJI Naza FC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ1-bFZ0TOQ
COOL, can u share the naza setting for it??
Thanks G
Old Jul 15, 2012, 05:50 PM
G-unit
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Offensive content (Profanity). It is temporarily hidden while G-unit edits it.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 05:52 PM View Post
TBS.DISCOVERY
Closed Thread