SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 22, 2012, 07:21 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jan 2012
126 Posts
bumping an old thread.

i need some info and advice...

i am about to start building my first tri copter.
i have the frame kit and the KK 2.0 FC module already.

2 things i would like to ask...

1... i need a servo recommendation.

i have a short list of 2.

Hitec HS-5085 or Hitec HS-5087 ?

and,

how do i update the FW on the KK 2.0 board ? assuming that i need to.

it's a brand new purchase from hobbyking a week ago.

thanks in advance.

Jason.
Exaturbo is offline Find More Posts by Exaturbo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2013, 08:09 PM
Joined Nov 2012
4 Posts
Tail servo

Hi all
So I have the kk controll board on a tricopter but the servo Dosent twitch or react. I have a deluxe hitec HS-422.
Any suggestions?
djdsails is offline Find More Posts by djdsails
Old Jan 15, 2013, 08:15 PM
Canada, ON, Merrickville-Wolford
Joined Jun 2012
835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdsails View Post
Hi all
So I have the kk controll board on a tricopter but the servo Dosent twitch or react. I have a deluxe hitec HS-422.
Any suggestions?
Do you have power connected to one of the M2-M8 outputs? It's needed to drive the servo, the M1 (/RX) power doesn't go to the servo output (as per the manual).

HTH. Andrew
Banjo5 is offline Find More Posts by Banjo5
Old Jan 15, 2013, 08:39 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jan 2012
126 Posts
No. I don't have power on the M2-M8 plugs, but the servo does steer when I move the rudder stick. If the motors are turning, the servo woeks, otherwise it won't move.

The problem is sever jitter. I don't want to damage the servo by continuing to try it till I can get a board with 1.5 FW on it.

Jason.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:31 AM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
United States, NY, Shelter Island
Joined May 2011
877 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exaturbo View Post
No. I don't have power on the M2-M8 plugs, but the servo does steer when I move the rudder stick. If the motors are turning, the servo woeks, otherwise it won't move.

The problem is sever jitter. I don't want to damage the servo by continuing to try it till I can get a board with 1.5 FW on it.

Jason.
Analog or digital servo?
shelterock is offline Find More Posts by shelterock
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:27 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jan 2012
126 Posts
Digital.

it's a Hitec HS-5065MG

0.11 sec and 2.2KG @ 6v

Jason.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 07:45 PM
United States, OR, Bend
Joined Jan 2008
252 Posts
i bumped my servo filter up to 60... no difference.

I bumped it up to 70... smoothed right out!
jeffyd123 is offline Find More Posts by jeffyd123
Old Feb 10, 2013, 07:49 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jan 2012
126 Posts
Thanks for the input.

I have now been successful in getting the FW flashed to 1.5 on the KK board.
Turns out my first USBASP from hk was faulty.
So much frustration and it was a faulty programmer !

Have not had the chance to try flying it again yet though.

Once I get it up, I'll post back with the results.

Jason.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 08:28 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Jan 2013
165 Posts
a two week old hitec hs5065 mg servo died on me while fpv at about 200 feet hight lucky for me someone saw where it went otherwise I would never have found it after it went into a crazy spin. I sent them an email lets see what their customer service is like . I was using the bluebird that rcexplorer recommends it worked great but strips the one plastic gear when crashed.
what exactly does the filter do on the kk 2.0 board?
Pkitup is offline Find More Posts by Pkitup
Old Apr 16, 2013, 05:02 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jan 2012
126 Posts
the filter on the kk2.0 board helps eliminate servo jitter or wobble. some servos tend to jitter badly on the kk2.0.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 05:29 AM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Jan 2013
165 Posts
my bluebird digital metal gear servo had no jitter for about a month of everyday flying but now developed it . Nothing has changed so I think the plastic gear is wearing out and ready to strip probably.
Pkitup is offline Find More Posts by Pkitup
Old May 06, 2013, 11:21 AM
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2013
74 Posts
I recently changed my yaw mechanism to the rcexplorer yaw from a custom ball bearing yaw and my servo was extremely jittery. Just wanted to put it out there that the problem was actually a slight bit of play in the two 40mm steering mount plates. After correcting this, the issue disappeared.

I am using the KK2.0 board with an HS-82MG servo and it's smooth as can be now. Not sure if this will help anyone else but thought I'd put my two cents in after spending an entire day trying to sort it out. If anyone needs them I can provide my KK2.0 settings as well just don't have them handy at the moment.

BTW, the KK is flashed to 1.5 firmware.
RWSDev is offline Find More Posts by RWSDev
Old May 07, 2013, 08:56 AM
Joined Sep 2010
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWSDev View Post

I am using the KK2.0 board with an HS-82MG servo and it's smooth as can be now. Not sure if this will help anyone else but thought I'd put my two cents in after spending an entire day trying to sort it out. If anyone needs them I can provide my KK2.0 settings as well just don't have them handy at the moment.
Could you please post your settings for PI, auto level and LP filter?

I just built a tricopter with an rcexplorer yaw mechanism, kk2 v1.5 and simonk esc's. I used an hs-82mg servo also. I cannot get the servo to stop moving rapidly in flight. It is not exactly twitching, but it never really settles down.

Even in no wind the copter will suddenly yaw 90 degrees and then back a second later for no reason. It is very unnerving to fly. Although it crashes quite well.

Thanks
slongbons is offline Find More Posts by slongbons
Old May 07, 2013, 09:09 AM
not insane; Mom had me tested
Marietta Ga.
Joined Apr 2005
819 Posts
check your mixer editer chan 4 and make sure the servo is set to low. set your servo filter to 70-80 and see if that helps the problem.
hallstudio is offline Find More Posts by hallstudio
Old May 08, 2013, 10:03 PM
Joined Sep 2010
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallstudio View Post
check your mixer editer chan 4 and make sure the servo is set to low. set your servo filter to 70-80 and see if that helps the problem.
Hey thanks for the suggestion. I cannot seem to figure out if the servo filter should be set to a high value or a low value for an analog servo. I have seen conflicting suggestions. The KK docs do not mention the servo filter at all. I have tried setting it from 40 all the way to 95 and do not see much difference.
slongbons is offline Find More Posts by slongbons