HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 13, 2013, 03:48 PM
New Zealand, Auckland, Waiau Pa
Joined Dec 2006
668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizliz View Post
Hello guys

Having a strange issue with my unit setup. I have made a clip.

Link goes to 2 pics and a PDF? No Video?
doonunder is offline Find More Posts by doonunder
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 14, 2013, 02:56 AM
Sweden, Södermanland County, Sköldinge
Joined Mar 2012
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doonunder View Post
Link goes to 2 pics and a PDF? No Video?
Oooups! My misstake. I have corrected that now. Thank you for pointing that out.

SkylarkFPV Dianmu OSD Troubleshooting

I have just received word from Skylark support and as suggested from them i will connect the (-) ground wire from OSD to my videoTX so that the OSD gets proper grounding. Having a bit of a cold at the moment so it might take a few days before i get around to it. I will post results here when done.
Wizliz is offline Find More Posts by Wizliz
Old Apr 26, 2013, 07:31 PM
KY3JBD
lebanon, PA
Joined Dec 2000
662 Posts
I know some of you guys are giving up on this OSD, but mine is working great! just takes a bit of tweaking to get it right. I had a problem with pitch and roll swinging wildly by themselfs. I changed the settings via the Skylark program on my computer and that fixed it, works great now.
witstick is online now Find More Posts by witstick
Old Apr 29, 2013, 02:28 AM
Birmingham, Alabama
Joined Jun 2002
2,970 Posts
I've flown mine on three planes (finwing penguin, low wing nitro sport plane(very fast and aerobatic) and a sig seniorita-RUDDER ELEVATOR ONLY) and the OSD is amazing. Mine came from RMRC back in Nov-Dec 2012 with the 1.1 firmware.
It finds 9 sats within 4-5 seconds of booting from inside my house and the only time it has ever failed to find 9 sats is in the basement where it still finds 3-4 all things considering. Removing the button cell battery to reset the GPS, it still does not take 60 seconds to find 9 sats.
*Calibration is easy & fast. Elevator and Ailerons pushed to corners = done.
*Programming is very fast and very simple. Menu is straight forward.
*Stabilization/RTH is very good and requires only TWO things to work out of the box:
  1. Mount the GPS/INS until LEVEL to your wing/axis of flight
  2. Cut PID's down to 10-25% depending on how hot your control surfaces are. Stock is 50
That's it! Pretty nifty putting the plane in A1 and having the controls docile for newbs to fly in. I love how you can set how far the OSD to allow the plane to bank over when it detects you giving rudder (yaw) input. Very slick! Great for yawning around and the plane staying virtually flat. Especially if a plane has a lot of roll coupling when yawning. Outstanding!

The only two things that could possibly make it better are very nit picky.
1) (obviously this would only apply to PPM radios) have it monitor servo for link quality. Simple PID routine can automate a few tents of a second of bad signal to A1 with a warning while 1 second would kick in RTH.
2)
A) allow the user to set how quickly the stabilization/PID/servo output is. The reason is simple. Slowing down the routine to smooth the control only a few times a second (vs 50-60 or hundreds in some cases) GREATLY reduces the oscillation as the flight speed increases.
As it is, this works like almost all other stabilization on the market in that it corrects the servos too often to be used on truly fast planes. This works extremely well on planes doing 30-40mph, but over-control and oscillate at high speeds.

B) Give us a multiplier so that the PID gain = gain x airspeed divisor. This way we can have higher gain at 15-30mph than 100+.
Gyros used at high speed has been an issue for years. The only effective way to do it is use a standalone gyro that allows you to cut the control rate down drastically (only a couple corrections a second).
Those are my only two wishes. Useable gyro/stabilization at ALL speed thresholds and for those of us whom like PPM monitor the connection stability.

All in all I highly recommend the Dianmu. I've had zero issues in 3-4 months of flying it.
Toysrme is offline Find More Posts by Toysrme
Last edited by Toysrme; Apr 29, 2013 at 02:37 AM.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 04:43 AM
Dornbirn / Austria
Joined Mar 2008
641 Posts
There was an Update for Digital RSSI promised vor last year November - is this still not there yet?

Thanks a lot
solars is online now Find More Posts by solars
Old May 04, 2013, 09:30 PM
Crashaffinity on youtube
Joined Nov 2012
2,958 Posts
well i tried out my dianmu osd w/rth today for the first time on my bomber. Must admit it all worked very well, and programming it was very easy, except for one issue:

the IMU drifted +/- 20 on both roll & pitch randomly, and +/-30 during flight.

Made stablization + RTH completely useless. I'm going to look into it further but even when powering up on the table, it would start off properly, then just start to drift.

Very unhappy with it so far, gonna see if i can salvage this somehow, otherwise it's going to be used as an OSD only and i'll just write skylark off my future purchases from now on.
CrashAffinity is offline Find More Posts by CrashAffinity
RCG Plus Member
Old May 26, 2013, 02:14 PM
DOLLA DOLLA BILL YALL
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2012
883 Posts
i powered mine up and did not see any drift. but all of my wires and connectors are covered in copper tape. my low power range test UHF was twice as far as my quad range test.
quad007 is offline Find More Posts by quad007
Old Jun 17, 2013, 09:41 PM
ARMY ATC (93C)
United States, TX, Grapevine
Joined Jan 2005
1,114 Posts
Apologies. I did a google search for the IV but found this instead. Found one for the 3 version as well. I'm hoping someone can help/recognize what I have. I'm new to FPV, but not RC. I ordered the skylark IV from readymaderc here: http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...oducts_id=1199

But received something totally different. Mine looks older, almost used. Plus it has deans when I thought I was getting wires version (which is what I wanted). I don't like deans. Would like XT60 or wires. Anyway, I don't know what I actually have since it's not what is in the pictures/link. Everything looks different. I also noticed in the website that the standalong GPS has a letter G whereas mine has a letter D?

Anyhelp identifiying what i actually have is appreciated (wires aside, I suspect I have an older version).
mjbennett9 is offline Find More Posts by mjbennett9
Old Jun 17, 2013, 09:47 PM
Crashaffinity on youtube
Joined Nov 2012
2,958 Posts
i ordered the trace IV not long ago and this does not look like it... not sure what you got, send your pics to rmrc and they'll resolve it, they have good service
CrashAffinity is offline Find More Posts by CrashAffinity
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 17, 2013, 10:49 PM
Bazinga!
South Africa, KZN, Durban
Joined Feb 2007
618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbennett9 View Post
Apologies. I did a google search for the IV but found this instead. Found one for the 3 version as well. I'm hoping someone can help/recognize what I have. I'm new to FPV, but not RC. I ordered the skylark IV from readymaderc here: http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...oducts_id=1199

But received something totally different. Mine looks older, almost used. Plus it has deans when I thought I was getting wires version (which is what I wanted). I don't like deans. Would like XT60 or wires. Anyway, I don't know what I actually have since it's not what is in the pictures/link. Everything looks different. I also noticed in the website that the standalong GPS has a letter G whereas mine has a letter D?

Anyhelp identifiying what i actually have is appreciated (wires aside, I suspect I have an older version).
That looks like the TinyIII OSD.
Moelich73 is offline Find More Posts by Moelich73
Old Jun 19, 2013, 10:23 AM
ARMY ATC (93C)
United States, TX, Grapevine
Joined Jan 2005
1,114 Posts
Yup, RMRC confirmed it is the Tiny III. they will send the IV (once in stock) :-( He offered the EZOSD as well (out of stock), but from what I read, the skylark is better choice.

But now my concern is what actually comes with the IV. RMRC is telling me that the IV only comes with deans. yet their own site, as well as skylark site both have same pic showing the current sensor as a wires version (not deans). Any insight for those that do have a IV?

http://www.skylarkfpv.com/store/inde...&product_id=74

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...oducts_id=1199
mjbennett9 is offline Find More Posts by mjbennett9
Old Jun 23, 2013, 01:53 AM
Netherlands
Joined Dec 2010
310 Posts
I have the trace 4 and is working great
They came with xt60
But it has long wires on the current sensor so you can solder them like you want even directly to your esc
The pro from the trace is the nice 12 and 5 volt output
wippo76 is offline Find More Posts by wippo76
Old Jul 20, 2013, 01:19 PM
Joined Mar 2013
2 Posts
overheat and glitch

Good evening, I expose my problem with my Dianmu, first of all do not understand why pressing the control of the rudder or stabilizer all the servos go crazy for a second, (and when I say all I mean ALL), I noticed that if I connect the servo directly to the receiver this problem disappears, the second problem I have noticed is the over-osd like heating unit, after 10 minutes nearly 80 degrees centigrade and this standing quietly at home, so I wonder at what temperature could get themselves in flight for an hour in the sun, I hope in a kind help from those who have more experience than me or a response from SKYLARK.
thanks
albertovalentino is offline Find More Posts by albertovalentino
Old Jul 20, 2013, 01:21 PM
Joined Mar 2013
2 Posts
I forgot, my radio is futaba ff9 module RMilec ..
albertovalentino is offline Find More Posts by albertovalentino
Old Jul 20, 2013, 08:18 PM
KY3JBD
lebanon, PA
Joined Dec 2000
662 Posts
You guys with the Pitch and Roll drift problem need to do some research, it can be fixed. I fixed mine with the setup program on my computer, its a simple adjustment and it totally fixed mine. Been flying it for months and it working great!! .....
witstick is online now Find More Posts by witstick