HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 15, 2012, 09:40 AM
Joined Jul 2012
1 Posts
Discussion
hey guys...new here with newbie question and request if possible!!

hey guys...totally new to the forum, but just bought my first heli and thought it would be good to get involved!!

I have managed to get a couple of old twister coastguards and with the help of a friend we have managed to get one good one out of it!!...it flies really quite well, but the batteries are the issue!!...we have three of them...two have seen the end of my boot, but one gives about four minutes fly time. they say 7.4v 2 cell 800mah lipo on them...can i get anything more powerfull without increasing weight? i assume if i increase weight with a bigger one i will loose the extra power with the helicopter having to carry it!?!

Also, i dont suppose anyone happens to have any old twister coastguards or twister hawks which they no longer want/need at all??...if so, could you please contact me so we could do a deal!!

I look forward to getting into my new hobby, oh, and by the way I'm a professional archaeologist and I am using the smaller copters to get to the point where i can hopefully fly bigger ones for site pictures!!

cheers for now, Tim
newheliman1 is offline Find More Posts by newheliman1
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 15, 2012, 01:45 PM
USA, GA, Marietta
Joined Oct 2000
2,049 Posts
No way to get more power without gaining weight. There is always a tradeoff for each.

Ric
RicVaughn is offline Find More Posts by RicVaughn
Old Jul 15, 2012, 01:57 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,863 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicVaughn View Post
No way to get more power without gaining weight. There is always a tradeoff for each.

Ric
Not entirely true. For the same weight, Thunderpower provides a higher mah and higher "c" value than for example, a Turnigy.

that means if the OP has one of these off brand piggy lipo, he can buy say Thunderpower and increase his mah (running time), and 'c' value without a big tradeoff in weight.

But of course, the tradeoff is price. TP on average cost 2x-3x for the same comparable mah and 'c'.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Old Jul 15, 2012, 02:10 PM
I think I'm inverted. Maybe.
United States, CA, Pacifica
Joined Apr 2012
1,509 Posts
If you're looking to get into areal photography, multicopters are your best bet. Much more stable for photography - 99% of all RC photography is multis now. Where are you located btw?
acetech09 is offline Find More Posts by acetech09