HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 15, 2012, 09:16 AM
United States, IN, Brownsburg
Joined Apr 2006
1,005 Posts
Discussion
Miss GEICO by Pro Boat

I've loved the full-size version for a long time and have been really wanting the Pro Boat version as a result. I'm one of those that LOVES the neon yellow/green!

I picked my Miss GEICO up at my local race track hobby shop. My son and I race r/c cars and also run boats. We belong to the Indianapolis Admirals R/C Model Boat Club (www.IndyAdmirals.org). The Admirals have been a scale ship and sailing club mostly for many years, but in the last couple of years, the interest in fast electric is really growing. So much so that members run fast electric twice a week now on the east side of Indianapolis.

My MG is box stock. I plan on leaving it that way for a while.

Today is her maiden voyage!

HelloScott is offline Find More Posts by HelloScott
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 15, 2012, 09:20 AM
Joined Apr 2006
1,005 Posts
Here's some of my favorite photos of the real Miss GEICO. She will be running at the Super Boat Great Lakes Grand Prix in Michigan City, Indiana (along the shore of Lake Michigan) on August 3-5, 2012. I'm thinking road trip as its only about 2.5 hours from me: http://www.superboat.com

Pro Boat has a new version (HERE) of the Miss GEICO out that will offer a larger motor and ESC. I don't believe that the hull had changed. It would be cool if they offered a new canopy that included the vertical fin on it!
Last edited by HelloScott; Jul 15, 2012 at 09:28 AM.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 09:31 AM
Joined Apr 2006
1,005 Posts
Video of the new version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=cmIJZ_iNm8E
Old Jul 15, 2012, 12:10 PM
Palma Sola,Fla.
Joined Oct 2006
309 Posts
Too bad that the real boat went up in flames last weekend.

http://spotted.heraldtribune.com/pho...823&size=large

osprey21 is offline Find More Posts by osprey21
Old Jul 15, 2012, 12:15 PM
Joined Mar 2012
44 Posts
Have fun with your miss geico! Just be carful, i have a miss elam and my esc started on fire the other day. Lessoned learned, when stuck in seaweed, dont keep giving it throttle.
ncp546 is offline Find More Posts by ncp546
Old Jul 15, 2012, 06:04 PM
Joined Apr 2006
1,005 Posts
I'd seen some other photos of the "flaming" Miss GEICO. Fortunately, they all got out OK, but man, what a shame!

Well, I didn't have any bad luck today. Right out of the box, this boat was a rocket! I used two 5000mah, 40C packs for 4S power. She did great. The motor and ESC were warm when done, but not too back. 110 degrees on the motor. I had four batteries charged and got two nice runs in. Didn't have time to charge and run again before we had to leave, but I'm a happy camper for sure!

A few water shots I took while my son drove. It was a windy day as you can see, but the Miss GEICO handled the chop just fine. It did one barrel roll off the lip of a wave , but landed upright and drove away. Didn't get it on film though!

Video taken also. Coming soon...
Old Jul 15, 2012, 08:19 PM
Joined Apr 2006
1,005 Posts
Here is is running on the water today. I had fun making the video!

Miss GEICO by Pro Boat R/C FAST Electric Radio Control Boat Tunnel Catamaran Mystic ProBoat (2 min 8 sec)
Old Jul 17, 2012, 11:02 AM
Wave Riding Vehicles
Louisburg,North Carolina
Joined Jun 2009
1,643 Posts
HelloScott(Indy),,,, yeah im on here also,, love those pics bud, seems we both love that neon green/yellow one of my favorites..
HYDROJERRY is offline Find More Posts by HYDROJERRY