HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by pmullen503, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 07:37 AM
United States, WI, Fond du Lac
Joined Sep 2008
1,683 Posts
The board you show is not the one the module pins come off. The board attached to the back of the radio (where the module pins originate) does not have 5V.

The board you show is on the front of the radio above the switch. There is 5V there. You can use the 5V to power your regulator (or the BEC). What you want to avoid is trying to step down from Vbat to 3.3V in one step with a linear regulator. It will run very hot. The 9x's 5V regulator is there to step the battery voltage down for the 9x's 3.3V regulator and provide power to the trainer port to run a slave radio.

I did things the way I did so I could easily separate the two halves of the radio to make future mods easier.
pmullen503 is offline Find More Posts by pmullen503
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2012, 10:09 AM
Not da momma!
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2012
86 Posts
Yes I know it's not the rear. I was showing where I tap 5v for my 3.3v regulator for my dsm module. I have only this wire connected with jst plug to the source.
mrmarc is offline Find More Posts by mrmarc
Old Aug 29, 2012, 01:27 PM
Not da momma!
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2012
86 Posts
Gonna order a ubec so I can just use vbat
mrmarc is offline Find More Posts by mrmarc
Old Aug 31, 2012, 06:57 PM
The Netherlands, ZH, Alphen aan den Rijn
Joined Aug 2012
164 Posts
I own this HP6DSM transmitter but never could find out how to use the 6th channel, anyone???

Some comments:

The expo on channel 4 (rudder) is really poor. I have that with all receivers so it must be the transmitter.

Elevon mixing (dip 10) doesn't do what it suppose to do. It's creating a lot of things, but no mixing ailerons with elevator.

The D-rate switch doesn't do anything also, tried it on different receivers.
Andreotti is offline Find More Posts by Andreotti
Old Aug 31, 2012, 08:02 PM
Joined Sep 2008
1,683 Posts
You only get 5 usable channels in airplane mode. Channel 6 is a second aileron channel. The rudder channel does have lot's of expo.

The HP6DSM is a crappy airplane radio, but makes an excellent module donor!
Old Sep 01, 2012, 07:34 PM
The Netherlands, ZH, Alphen aan den Rijn
Joined Aug 2012
164 Posts
Well, I replaced it today with an DX6i DSM. Now the expo on the rudder is ok.
Nice to have memories that save your planes trim instead of doing it all over again when you change plane.

Thanks for explaning the 6th channel. The DX6i works the same way.

I have to correct myself. The mixer was working correctly if it is used with the right servo setup.

I bought this transmitter (new!) for 35 euro's and had a lot of fun with it but with more then one plane it's just not enhanced enough.
Andreotti is offline Find More Posts by Andreotti
Old Apr 12, 2013, 04:36 PM
Joined Apr 2005
13 Posts
Hey guys,
I am also planning to install the module from the hp6dsm (ithink it is a x1txn board) to my flysky 9X radio with er9x software.

Can someone helpmme with types of the diodes or with a link to a proper ubec with 3,3V? I figured that the 9X transmitter could provide 3,3V but apparently not stable - is that correct?

Thanks a lot
Roland
rheiglauer is offline Find More Posts by rheiglauer
Old Apr 13, 2013, 09:20 AM
United States, RI, Woonsocket
Joined Aug 2012
25 Posts
I installed that same chip with a 3.3v ubec in an empty module case and it plugs direclty into my 9x and works pretty well. You will have to remove the factory antenna wire on the factory module in order for it to work. I don't know if you are aware or not but HobbyKing is now selling an ORANGERX DSMX module that will plug in directly to the 9x for 29.99 so it may not be worth your time trying to hack the existing chip to work.
Rifled is offline Find More Posts by Rifled
Old Apr 13, 2013, 09:23 AM
United States, RI, Woonsocket
Joined Aug 2012
25 Posts
If you want to build one yourself just for the fun of it, I got a lot of info from http://openrcforums.com/forum/viewto...t=541&start=60

here is the link to the pre-made module
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobby/store...mpatible_.html
Rifled is offline Find More Posts by Rifled
Old Jan 24, 2014, 03:40 PM
Joined Sep 2008
1,683 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=20365