HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 01, 2012, 11:40 PM
Time To Fly?
Gig Harbor, WA
Joined May 2002
680 Posts
I cant find CG specifications anywhere. I hate just throwing it up and seeing what happens. I have a 3 cell 2200 in there now. Hmm
gobigdale is offline Find More Posts by gobigdale
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2012, 08:50 PM
-S-
Just one more..... Just one...
USA, TX, Longview
Joined Jan 2010
1,209 Posts
Woo Hoo!

I was actually shopping for another model and ran into this little critter.

Done and ordered! I hope it's 1/2 as good as I have read.

I recently thrashed my favorite flying wing and had been looking for a 48 inch model and for what ever reason there are not many.

I bought two of the Kits (no ESC and servos) as I have plenty of them on hand.

will report back!

-S
-S- is offline Find More Posts by -S-
Old Aug 02, 2012, 08:54 PM
-S-
USA, TX, Longview
Joined Jan 2010
1,209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobigdale View Post
I cant find CG specifications anywhere. I hate just throwing it up and seeing what happens. I have a 3 cell 2200 in there now. Hmm
GoBigDale,

I have used this one with great sucess.

http://fwcg.3dzone.dk/
Old Aug 02, 2012, 09:08 PM
-S-
USA, TX, Longview
Joined Jan 2010
1,209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kydawg1 View Post
I maidened mine on Saturday.... she flies very well.

One issue for everyone to be aware of.....FLUTTER.

I am now going to change servos to MG and ensure little/no play in linkage. I saw this on flight one..... since it is a fast wing (being EDF and all) there is risk of stripping a servo since the stockers are plastic gears (I assume). At the very least tighen the linkage set up to eliminate any free play. Then it is just limited to gear play in servo itself.
Thanks for your input, I figured the included servos were inexpensive and I have a few of the new Tower Pro 9G with metal gear I want to try out.... If they suck I've got some good Hitec's

Your comments finalized my idea of buying the kit!
Old Aug 03, 2012, 08:22 AM
Bedford, Mass. USA
Joined Dec 2007
384 Posts
Just got back from a business trip and found my Neptune in my office when I returned! Hopefully I'll get too throw it up tomorrow at the field.
javabeans is offline Find More Posts by javabeans
Old Aug 06, 2012, 09:17 PM
-S-
USA, TX, Longview
Joined Jan 2010
1,209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by javabeans View Post
Just got back from a business trip and found my Neptune in my office when I returned! Hopefully I'll get too throw it up tomorrow at the field.
Java Did you get her to fly?
Old Aug 07, 2012, 07:09 AM
Grenoble, France
Joined Jan 2010
44 Posts
Hello,

I'm looking for my first wing and I'm interested in the neptune (I like techone products, I love my venus3D). I was going to go for the multiplex xeno but the netpune shows up. Does anyone of you experts able to explain the differences beetween those two wings ?
thanks,
Newbheli is offline Find More Posts by Newbheli
Old Aug 07, 2012, 08:18 AM
Bedford, Mass. USA
Joined Dec 2007
384 Posts
Well I didn't get to fly over the weekend but did get a quick trim flight at lunch yesterday. Very floaty! It seemed to handle well and was easy to adjust, had to add a lot of servo travel compared to the wings I am used to. We'll see if I get the chance to fly at lunch today.

Very happy so far.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 02:04 PM
Bedford, Mass. USA
Joined Dec 2007
384 Posts
I got to fly the Neptune at lunch today and got my first full battery. At 5 minutes with a 3S 2200 it came down hot and over drawn, so I'll have to look into that next time, probably tomorrow after work. The CG was dead perfect and there were no bad tendencies in the air, although I still need more servo travel (I was at 80% on this flight).

What a great flight I had. The ship is very smooth and docile, but with higher rates I am sure it will perform. She does have a long glide so you can basically cut throttle when you turn onto the Base leg and just glide her in. Great deal at $109.00.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 06:52 PM
-S-
USA, TX, Longview
Joined Jan 2010
1,209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbheli View Post
Hello,

I'm looking for my first wing and I'm interested in the neptune (I like techone products, I love my venus3D). I was going to go for the multiplex xeno but the netpune shows up. Does anyone of you experts able to explain the differences beetween those two wings ?
thanks,

Newb,

The Neptune is real new, so you won't find too many people that can make a comparison, looked at the Xeno never pulled the trigger.

I love flying my other wing more than my Heli's and Planes, and this one I'm sure will be the best with the deep cord it will float for a good long time.

Mine will be here tomorrow I hope to be flying them this weekend.

L8r - S
Old Aug 07, 2012, 06:53 PM
-S-
USA, TX, Longview
Joined Jan 2010
1,209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by javabeans View Post
I got to fly the Neptune at lunch today and got my first full battery. At 5 minutes with a 3S 2200 it came down hot and over drawn, so I'll have to look into that next time, probably tomorrow after work. The CG was dead perfect and there were no bad tendencies in the air, although I still need more servo travel (I was at 80% on this flight).

What a great flight I had. The ship is very smooth and docile, but with higher rates I am sure it will perform. She does have a long glide so you can basically cut throttle when you turn onto the Base leg and just glide her in. Great deal at $109.00.
Good info thanks!

My other wing from CrashTestHobby.com is awesome and if you give it more than a 1/4 inch throw it wont fly it is a great wing just a different wing.

can't wait! mine will be here tomorrow!

- S
Old Aug 07, 2012, 08:00 PM
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Mar 2011
166 Posts
Ok, I jumped in to! Mine should be hear in a couple of days. Have to wait for 2200 3s's. You guys running any different batteries?
NorCal is offline Find More Posts by NorCal
Old Aug 08, 2012, 03:28 AM
Grenoble, France
Joined Jan 2010
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by -S- View Post
Newb,

The Neptune is real new, so you won't find too many people that can make a comparison, looked at the Xeno never pulled the trigger.

I love flying my other wing more than my Heli's and Planes, and this one I'm sure will be the best with the deep cord it will float for a good long time.

Mine will be here tomorrow I hope to be flying them this weekend.

L8r - S
S,
Many thanks for your answer,
As I am new to wings AND EDF, I was hopping a possible " technical " advice and feeling on paper like thrust/weight expertise versus wing profile used, advice on on rudder and ailerons size, EDF power with the default setup, overall stock electronics and kit quality, FPV possibility....things to help choosing versus xeno, stryker and other well known wings for flight behaviour...
The kind of stuff that is on the menu at the restaurant .
I suppose I will simply give it a try (for all of them )
Hope your flight goes well ! looking for your advice and videos
Regards,
Newbheli is offline Find More Posts by Newbheli
Old Aug 08, 2012, 12:53 PM
-S-
USA, TX, Longview
Joined Jan 2010
1,209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbheli View Post
S,
Many thanks for your answer,
As I am new to wings AND EDF, I was hopping a possible " technical " advice and feeling on paper like thrust/weight expertise versus wing profile used, advice on on rudder and ailerons size, EDF power with the default setup, overall stock electronics and kit quality, FPV possibility....things to help choosing versus xeno, stryker and other well known wings for flight behaviour...
The kind of stuff that is on the menu at the restaurant .
I suppose I will simply give it a try (for all of them )
Hope your flight goes well ! looking for your advice and videos
Regards,
He He keep dreamin!

if it turns out to be a popular product you will get some opinions but that is a deep wish list.

You may want to look at the Deep Reaper at CrashTestHobby.com they are a Proven FPV unit, have GREAT support groups here, and are american made and you can outfit them as you desire.

I am NOT a FPV'er so keep that in mind while reading this but I don't think this is going to be that good for that purpose.

This is a sport flyer, I'll find out in an hour or so when mine show up but the wing looks too thin to add too much to it and I bet the Motor is not going to carry much weight other than what it was designed for.

If you are going to spend that kind of money on equipment you better do some reading and start with a popular supported proven FPV unit.

In my uneducated opinion :-)
Old Aug 08, 2012, 01:43 PM
Bedford, Mass. USA
Joined Dec 2007
384 Posts
I agree with the Deep Reeper from crash test hobby. It can carry quite a load easily and you are better off with e prop driven unit for FPV because it is quieter and more forgiving, and quicker to respond to throttle inputs.

The crash test wings are more robust, since they were designed to survive full on combat. I have the Assassin and absolutely LOVE it... I can fly it full speed into the ground and toss it right back into the air!

I got the Neptune for a different experience and because of the EDF. I have a Stryker Q, which is a great flyer and a very fun plane, but it's not built for carrying extra equipment and the power system is at it's limit with the shipping weight, so I wouldn't recommend adding FPV gear to it.

For FPV, I use an EasyStar outfitted with a 3 blade prop, running on a 2S 5000 and I get 45 minute flight times, plus it is extremely quiet so no one knows it's up there.