HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 18, 2013, 10:28 AM
Fort Worth, Texas
Joined Oct 2004
429 Posts
Yes, They will have 44mm hole spacing. The new machining will start as of today. Also revised the program so that the surface finish will be a little better.

Another quick question for you guys. Are you mounting the board with the 3mm holes with nylon screws? Would you rather I keep threading the board mounting holes like I have been doing? I can leave them untapped, so a self tapping screw can be used.

Just a thought.
Chris Moon is offline Find More Posts by Chris Moon
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2013, 10:31 AM
United Kingdom, Derbyshire
Joined Aug 2011
595 Posts
it's a shame you're not doing any more V2 - i missed out when they were very briefly in stock the other week. the "protection" aspect is not an issue, it's more of a cosmetic need.

ah well...
ukbren is online now Find More Posts by ukbren
Old Sep 18, 2013, 10:38 AM
Semper Fi
United States, CA, Rancho Cucamonga
Joined Mar 2009
943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukbren View Post
it's a shame you're not doing any more V2 - i missed out when they were very briefly in stock the other week. the "protection" aspect is not an issue, it's more of a cosmetic need.

ah well...
Just paint the clear cover of V3 black...
greedyg76 is offline Find More Posts by greedyg76
Old Sep 18, 2013, 10:43 AM
Semper Fi
Joined Mar 2009
943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Moon View Post
Another quick question for you guys. Are you mounting the board with the 3mm holes with nylon screws? Would you rather I keep threading the board mounting holes like I have been doing? I can leave them untapped, so a self tapping screw can be used.
I have done both. Used nylon screws thru the board and the case, secured into the frame, but I have also only screwed the board to the case and then used double sided tape to mount the case to the frame. It really just depends on what frame it's going on. I like that the holes are already tapped.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 10:53 AM
Joined Aug 2011
595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by greedyg76 View Post
wouldn't work - the clear cover of the v3 is an "all over" design so i'd be unable to see the screen.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 10:58 AM
Fort Worth, Texas
Joined Oct 2004
429 Posts
ukbren,

Check your PM's
Old Sep 18, 2013, 11:12 AM
Semper Fi
Joined Mar 2009
943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by greedyg76 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukbren View Post
wouldn't work - the clear cover of the v3 is an "all over" design so i'd be unable to see the screen.
tape off a small LCD sized section prior to painting so you can still see thru that area. Come on, a little imagination here...
Old Sep 18, 2013, 12:46 PM
Joined Aug 2011
595 Posts
all sorted! .
(i've never been one for DIY)
Old Sep 18, 2013, 11:23 PM
Team WarpSquad
Côte d'Ivoire
Joined Jun 2012
1,333 Posts
Quote:
Yes, They will have 44mm hole spacing. The new machining will start as of today. Also revised the program so that the surface finish will be a little better.

Thank you, Chris. Got my v3 case today. Although it looks like the holes on mine are spaced at 45mm.

And, why on Earth does HK make the KK2 with non-standard 44mm hole spacing?

I do appreciate the pre-threaded mounting holes! It's much cleaner to secure the board with nylon bolts. I would hate to "use up" or damage my pricey case with self-tapping screws each time I remove and reinstall the KK2 board.
Brainstorm is offline Find More Posts by Brainstorm
Old Sep 27, 2013, 04:03 PM
Fort Worth, Texas
Joined Oct 2004
429 Posts
You must have gotten one of the fringe cases. All are 44 mm now, I just went to double check.

I also double checked my board, and it is definitely a 45mm spacing...

Just put more into inventory in case anyone wants one.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 03:08 AM
Joined Aug 2011
595 Posts
my v2 came with the wrong spacing - can't remember which way it was out though. no biggie, as I just used some servo mounting pads (being careful that the lid didn't interfere with the buttons).
Old Sep 28, 2013, 06:56 AM
Fort Worth, Texas
Joined Oct 2004
429 Posts
The v2 cases had the 45
Mm spacing. I never got around to changing them.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 08:20 PM
Team WarpSquad
Côte d'Ivoire
Joined Jun 2012
1,333 Posts
Quote:
You must have gotten one of the fringe cases. All are 44 mm now, I just went to double check.

I also double checked my board, and it is definitely a 45mm spacing...
Quote:
The v2 cases had the 45
Mm spacing. I never got around to changing them.
My board is definitely 44mm and my Delrin case is definitely 45mm. I just measured them again. Maybe I got a leftover v2 case with a clear cover. At this point, I just want to finish my build and get in the air. So I will use double-sided tape to mount. Too bad, because I really liked the pre-threaded mounting points!

Maybe I will get a second KK2 in the future that will have 45mm spacing, and the world will be alright again. Or I will mount the KK2 on the lower deck of my quad, so that a protective case will be superfluous.
Brainstorm is offline Find More Posts by Brainstorm
Old Oct 08, 2013, 02:12 PM
Joined Aug 2011
595 Posts
a couple of pics to show the transformation on my SK450
you can perhaps see now why I particularly wanted the black casing (i'm working toward an all-black "stealthy" copter...)

thanks chris for the super-excellent service!
Old Oct 09, 2013, 02:44 PM
Fort Worth, Texas
Joined Oct 2004
429 Posts
That looks SWEET!!!!!