HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 14, 2012, 10:14 AM
Joined Jun 2012
2 Posts
Help!
My FMS Beta 7.0 does not work properley

I recentley purchased a Skyartec Cessna 182 mini since im just getting into the RC hobby, i decided to get a simulater. But when it finally arrives after 1 month of waiting, the joystick won't work when i use my controler. I use Windows 7, the patch is fully installed yet the joystick doesn't work. I have done everything as it said in the instructions, but as far as i've seen, the simulater is appualing with keyboard controls. Does the Simulater not support 2.4 Ghz controllers or do i need to wait another month to get a controller which it supports?
Boeing 787 is offline Find More Posts by Boeing 787
Last edited by Boeing 787; Jul 14, 2012 at 10:52 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 14, 2012, 03:32 PM
United States, MI, Auburn Hills
Joined Dec 2008
997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing 787 View Post
I recently purchased a Skyartec Cessna 182 mini since im just getting into the RC hobby, i decided to get a simulater. But when it finally arrives after 1 month of waiting, the joystick won't work when i use my controler. I use Windows 7, the patch is fully installed yet the joystick doesn't work. I have done everything as it said in the instructions, but as far as i've seen, the simulater is appualing with keyboard controls. Does the Simulater not support 2.4 Ghz controllers or do i need to wait another month to get a controller which it supports?
What simulator are you speaking about? When writing to us for some support and help, please do not assume we know what you are talking about unless you give us more specific details. Evidently you purchased a simulator separate from the Skyartec Mini Cessna??. Also you must understand that FMS is a very old program - work stopped on the FMS many years ago FMS will not work on most modern computers running windows 7 because the FMS program is looking for Comm Port Hardware and most modern computers only use USB and no longer support comm port hardware.
Try using Clearview

or the Free version: Clearview SE:

We and Skyartec Have stopped recommending the FMS Free Public version because it will NOT work with many new hardware computers

Also without knowing what simulator you are talking about, we have no way of knowing what 2.4 controllers you expect it to work with. Even the Skyartec Wired or Wireless Simulator units are NOT compatable with all other products. We STRONGLY suggest you go to the dealer or seller you bought these products from for support and help.
When you bought the product, part of the purchase price you paid should include support and help by the dealer or seller; they know exactly what you bought and hopefully communicated with you before the purchase to ensure a good buyer experience. Your dealer or seller should be giving you all the help and support you need to get these products working and you should not have to go to a public forum for assistance when the dealer should be the first line of support and help for you

Regards

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Parkflying is offline Find More Posts by Parkflying
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Parkflying; Jul 14, 2012 at 03:42 PM.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 12:40 AM
Joined Jun 2012
2 Posts
Thank you for the help, the reason i don't give any details, since it doesn't say, which i find rather appualing. When i bought it, i just typed in Skyartec Flight Simulator thinking i'd find a good one from Skyartec, except it doesn't work. I am using a Windows 7 with a AMD Athlon Proccesser (1.7 Ghz), which is quiet new. I will check out the simulater you recemended me. Typical one month of waiting from a shop from Hong Kong or somewhere to be delivered.
Boeing 787 is offline Find More Posts by Boeing 787
Old Jul 16, 2012, 12:23 AM
United States, MI, Auburn Hills
Joined Dec 2008
997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing 787 View Post
Thank you for the help, the reason i don't give any details, since it doesn't say, which i find rather appualing. When i bought it, i just typed in Skyartec Flight Simulator thinking i'd find a good one from Skyartec, except it doesn't work. I am using a Windows 7 with a AMD Athlon Proccesser (1.7 Ghz), which is quiet new. I will check out the simulater you recemended me. Typical one month of waiting from a shop from Hong Kong or somewhere to be delivered.
the item came in a box or carton or envelope that should have a part number or model number or name on it if it is from Skyartec.

We are in the USA and cannot speak for the shipping delays from other suppliers or dealers or the factory direct customers.

We still have no idea of the type of product you are trying to get to use. without complete details we cannot offer more help or assistance to you

Regards

Max
Parkflying is offline Find More Posts by Parkflying
Site Sponsor