HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 14, 2012, 10:06 AM
Joined Jul 2012
16 Posts
Discussion
Blade 130X batteries

Has anyone seen any higher than the standard 300 mAh batteries hit the market yet for the Blade 130X?

No doubt HobbyKing will soon release one.
buck009 is offline Find More Posts by buck009
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 15, 2012, 03:50 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,493 Posts
Yup.

Thunder Power's 325 mAh 65c packs provide far more net thrust than the stock pack, and they are rated for 12c charging. When properly cared for, they last for hundreds of cycles before they start to fade away. RCBabbel makes top-quality, lightweight TP 325 60c packs from bare cells that are a direct-fit. He also makes direct-fit lightweight Hyperion 450 mAh 25c packs that are great for endurance & sport/scale flying. They also provide more net thrust than the stock pack. They're designed for 5c charging, and they also last for hundreds of cycles before they start to fade away, when properly cared for.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1540831

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
Old Jul 15, 2012, 04:15 PM
United States, NJ, Manville
Joined May 2006
1,578 Posts
The nano 370mah 2s works great but you have to change the connector
skizziks is offline Find More Posts by skizziks
Old Jul 15, 2012, 05:56 PM
Gettin back into it!!
KY
Joined Apr 2002
489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Yup.

Thunder Power's 325 mAh 65c packs provide far more net thrust than the stock pack, and they are rated for 12c charging. When properly cared for, they last for hundreds of cycles before they start to fade away.

Joel
From TP's site

Q: Which charger/balancer combinations are approved for charging G4 series batteries at rates up to 6C and G6 series batteries at rates up to 12C?
A: G4 and G6 series batteries are capable of being ultra-fast charged safely at rates up to an amazing 6-12C (for charge times of as little as 5-10 minutes or less!) when using approved charger and balancer combinations. We have a number of new charger/balancer models in development now that will be capable of ultra-fast charging even our highest capacity batteries so be sure to keep an eye out for release of these new models in the near future. In the meantime the following is a list of charger/balancer combinations approved for charging G4 and G6 series batteries at rates up to 6-12C:
Thunder Power RC; All models
Bantam; e-Station series (models w/built-in balancer)
FMA; CellPro series
Hyperion; EOS series (models w/built-in balancer)
Junsi; iCharger series
Giovanni Day is offline Find More Posts by Giovanni Day
Old Jul 15, 2012, 08:29 PM
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovanni Day View Post
From TP's site

Q: Which charger/balancer combinations are approved for charging G4 series batteries at rates up to 6C and G6 series batteries at rates up to 12C?
A: G4 and G6 series batteries are capable of being ultra-fast charged safely at rates up to an amazing 6-12C (for charge times of as little as 5-10 minutes or less!) when using approved charger and balancer combinations. We have a number of new charger/balancer models in development now that will be capable of ultra-fast charging even our highest capacity batteries so be sure to keep an eye out for release of these new models in the near future. In the meantime the following is a list of charger/balancer combinations approved for charging G4 and G6 series batteries at rates up to 6-12C:
Thunder Power RC; All models
Bantam; e-Station series (models w/built-in balancer)
FMA; CellPro series
Hyperion; EOS series (models w/built-in balancer)
Junsi; iCharger series
Good info!

I use a Thunder Power 820CD for all of my packs, and I really like it. I also have a Bantam BC8DX, but it blew a FET & I need to send it in for repair.

Joel
Old Jul 16, 2012, 09:01 PM
United States, CA, Industry
Joined Jan 2011
592 Posts
Battery for Blade 130X

Our pilots Antonio and Tony suggested these batteries work great for the Blade 130X

Sky Lipo 250mAh 25C 2 Cells Lipo Battery

http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-sl250-2s1p-25c-2222.html

Sky Lipo 350mAh 7.4V 20C

http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-sl350-2s1p-20c-2222.html

GENS ACE LIPO 450mAh 25C 7.4V

http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-25c-450-2s1p.html
Nitro_Nancy is offline Find More Posts by Nitro_Nancy
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:51 AM
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,493 Posts
FYI -

The C-ratings of those Sky LiPos are way to low for this bird.

Joel
Old Jul 20, 2012, 04:59 PM
USA, OH, Reynoldsburg
Joined Oct 2008
411 Posts
Quote:
FYI -

The C-ratings of those Sky LiPos are way to low for this bird.

Joel
No one should care about C rating when the lipos fly hard 3D all day. The Skys are a very good pack when considering price.
Cullen Colapietro is online now Find More Posts by Cullen Colapietro
Old Jul 20, 2012, 05:42 PM
Joined Jul 2012
16 Posts
Quote:
Yup.

Thunder Power's 325 mAh 65c packs provide far more net thrust than the stock pack, and they are rated for 12c charging. When properly cared for, they last for hundreds of cycles before they start to fade away. RCBabbel makes top-quality, lightweight TP 325 60c packs from bare cells that are a direct-fit. He also makes direct-fit lightweight Hyperion 450 mAh 25c packs that are great for endurance & sport/scale flying. They also provide more net thrust than the stock pack. They're designed for 5c charging, and they also last for hundreds of cycles before they start to fade away, when properly cared for.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1540831

Joel
Thanks Joel,

Great info man!
Old Jul 20, 2012, 05:47 PM
Joined Jul 2012
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skizziks View Post
The nano 370mah 2s works great but you have to change the connector
Thanks for that.

I've used various Turnigy lipos in planes, helis and quads and think they're great. Heard a few people complain about them but so far they have been great for me.

I try and never run them past 80% of their charge so will check these out. I wouldn't be surprised if HobbyKing offers one soon with the right connectors for the 130X.

cheers
Old Jul 20, 2012, 06:01 PM
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullen Colapietro View Post
No one should care about C rating when the lipos fly hard 3D all day. The Skys are a very good pack when considering price.
???

True C-rating is of great importance to anyone who is interested in getting the full performance out of their electric aircraft. This is especially true for anyone who flies even mild aerobatics with this bird, given that it draws well over 7A peak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck009 View Post
Thanks Joel,

Great info man!
You're welcome! Glad I could help.

Joel
Old Jul 20, 2012, 06:09 PM
USA, OH, Reynoldsburg
Joined Oct 2008
411 Posts
Quote:
???

True C-rating is of great importance to anyone who is interested in getting the full performance out of their electric aircraft. This is especially true for anyone who flies even mild aerobatics with this bird, given that it draws well over 7A peak.

You're welcome! Glad I could help.

Joel
While I agree that true C rating is important, I can guarantee you aren't getting it on most batteries.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 07:50 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,839 Posts
Quote:
While I agree that true C rating is important, I can guarantee you aren't getting it on most batteries.
and here is some proof.

E Flite 2S 300 35C which is in fact closer to a 350 or 360 but does not perform any better than a pair of 25C 180 Nanos in parallel.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2572
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Jul 20, 2012, 09:18 PM
USA, OH, Reynoldsburg
Joined Oct 2008
411 Posts
Also, I've gotten comfortable enough w/ the 130x to really start pushing it. I mean full collective in almost every maneuver. I just barely have the space for it in my front yard, ahem, in me and my neighbor's front yards that is, and the street I guess. Anyways, the TPs hold up really well to the abuse and if I don't find a cheap battery that offers similar performance and if they really last over 100 cycles of flying like this and charging them @ 2A, well, I'll be sold and I'll probably only own TPs. However, for what they are, the Sky Lipos do quite well and most pilots wouldn't really be able to tell much difference between the TPs and the Sky Lipos. So your statement that the Skys are too under-powered for this application is just not correct IMO. And just to back my claims up a bit, the TPs IR are only slightly lower than those of the Sky packs.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 09:47 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,839 Posts
I am flyin three different types of LiPolys in my 130X at present
The OEM E Flte 35C(?) 300 (?) mAh 23.4 grams
a pair of Nano Tech 25C 180 in parallel (360 taotal) 23.0 garams
and a pair of Nano Tech 35C 300 Is in series . 17.2 grams

To me the series 1S Nano 35Cn fly the strongest as in faster full collective climb out even though they test the worse(weakest) under a constant 3.5amp. discharge.

I get 4 min. of active flying which really means 4:30 to 4:45 from start of spool up to touch down. St. 1 TC set to 75% and that is where I spool up and do most of my flying. On ocasion I go to St.2 ,100% TC but with only 22 flights I am still just trying to get used to this heli and I am no 3D flyer.

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer